The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

38 minutes ago, ComradeDiego said:

Hamilton 👀 

Game off surely?

IMG_7787.jpeg

Usual trash journalists I would think  by all account it’s down to a global banking error going by Accies  statement 

4 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

Usual trash journalists I would think  by all account it’s down to a global banking error going by Accies  statement 

You're not honestly taking a Hamilton Accies club statement at face value, surely?

I'd trust "trash journalists" over them any day of the week.

51 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

As I said on the match thread I highly doubt the management and players would be refusing to train if they didn’t think the club hierarchy were at fault. 

1 hour ago, Finlay21 said:

Maybe I am too cynical but I cannot believe that. People don't walk out en masse unless there is an ongoing issue.

5 minutes ago, rgreig said:

Maybe I am too cynical but I cannot believe that. People don't walk out en masse unless there is an ongoing issue.

Doesn’t make a lot of sense.  If my wages were a day late and I got an email from management saying it was a banking system issue beyond their control and you’ll get your dosh tomorrow, I doubt I’d be downing tools.  Suppose it would depend how much I trusted management,

9 minutes ago, Nelson said:

Doesn’t make a lot of sense.  If my wages were a day late and I got an email from management saying it was a banking system issue beyond their control and you’ll get your dosh tomorrow, I doubt I’d be downing tools.  Suppose it would depend how much I trusted management,

Especially when the manager is one of those walking out.  Sends a totally different signal than just players.  The fishy bit to me is on one hand claiming a global banking failure and on the other claiming to have put something in place to stop it happening again :lol:.  

There's a statement in the mail where they are also saying someone who left has the passwords for their banking, and they've offered to pay players out of gate money. 

Global banking issue my arse

Notice we're only entering the reserves in the cup so guaranteed 3 games along with whatever friendlies they play.

Hopefully means we consider loaning out McRoberts as I expect when/if everyone is fit he'd miss out.

18 minutes ago, GaryMc93 said:

Notice we're only entering the reserves in the cup so guaranteed 3 games along with whatever friendlies they play.

Hopefully means we consider loaning out McRoberts as I expect when/if everyone is fit he'd miss out.

Keep McRobert’s loan bryden loan Murdoch if we can bring in an experienced central midfielder and a striker 

12 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

Cammy smith signs for Peterhead! That’s a bit of a coup for them! He could still do a job at this level 

Deserted us in middle of season, career hasnt kicked on, what a shame

4 minutes ago, diege said:

Deserted us in middle of season, career hasnt kicked on, what a shame

It’s not really the fact he deserted us it’s more that there was supposedly a gentleman agreement with Smith that if he was returning to Scotland he would give us first dibs. He obviously then didn’t do that and signed for Partick Thistle. 

40 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

It’s not really the fact he deserted us it’s more that there was supposedly a gentleman agreement with Smith that if he was returning to Scotland he would give us first dibs. He obviously then didn’t do that and signed for Partick Thistle. 

I do get Smiths annoyance but gentleman’s agreements are meaningless in football. It always takes getting burned once (or twice as Todorov did it as well) for you to realise that and not take a hand shake for granted. 

I think he knows that now but back then he was quite thin skinned to that kind of stuff. 

45 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

In fairness he negotiated his release when Kerr was manager so maybe since players talk he had more foresight than Smith on how the Hopkin appointment was going to end.

12 minutes ago, GaryMc93 said:

In fairness he negotiated his release when Kerr was manager so maybe since players talk he had more foresight than Smith on how the Hopkin appointment was going to end.

You wonder what level of fitness he has , by the looks of it Peterhead are the highest placed team who have offered him a contract , otherwise he would have been somewhere else 

Hoping to see us line up like this on Saturday, Hastie deserves a start after a decent game against Stenny and his goal off the bench on Saturday, more than expect to see Frankie at LB but hopefully Brown swaps him and McMann around.

LINEUP111722547024104.jpg

21 minutes ago, Superhursty7 said:

Hoping to see us line up like this on Saturday, Hastie deserves a start after a decent game against Stenny and his goal off the bench on Saturday, more than expect to see Frankie at LB but hopefully Brown swaps him and McMann around.

LINEUP111722547024104.jpg

Left Hand side is the only area of the park which you'd probably say could still be up for debate at LB between Reading and Musonda or LM between Hastie/Murphy/McKenzie