The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

36 minutes ago, Iain said:

Wish I could root for uncle Ian and Clyde, but sadly I think the club is permanently tainted.

The support hero worships a rapist.  f**k em

Good to win on the opening day, especially important as this season looks like it will be ludicrously close at both ends of the table compared to previous seasons. 

Also saw according to FOTMOB app Jordan Houston came on as a sub for Clyde.

7 minutes ago, Oceanlineayr said:

Good to win on the opening day, especially important as this season looks like it will be ludicrously close at both ends of the table compared to previous seasons. 

Also saw according to FOTMOB app Jordan Houston came on as a sub for Clyde.

Probably Houston's level. Struggled to get into a rank rotten QoS side in League 1 last season.

30 minutes ago, muZZa__44 said:

Your not gonna hear me say McKenzie is a good striker cause his record shows he’s not a natural goal scorer, but he’s strong enough to be a pest for defenders and quick enough to still provide something, I’ve always said he was Dipo’s best partner up front as he did a lot of the dirty work and helped give Dipo more freedom to do what he did best he’s best used as a sub to bring on when your needing to hold on to a lead 

if McKenzie was anything other then a striker he wouldn’t get as much hate end of the day if and when he does leave Ayr he’ll likely be a solid option in league 1/2 similar to a McGuffie/Hilton and in future youth players can look to him as proof if you can work hard enough yoi can break into the first team and be a mainstay/make it in the top 4 leagues

think this is the problem.

i have no idea what position he is supposed to play in.

100% not a striker.

clueless in midfield

He is not a winner.

Mediocore player, who does not fit our aspirations.

6 hours ago, ecocme said:

Agree mate, just bought my tickets for me and my 7 year old but won’t be spending another penny in the ground.

The fanny at the turnstile then tried to charge my 14 year old £18 to get in. Bunch of chancers. Glad we pumped them.

1 hour ago, No_Problemo said:

Or you are incapable of seeing what he offers in certain situations. 

He can't trap a turnip couldn't score in a brothel but hey some player to bring on at 1-0 . Goodnight 

Just now, United1973 said:

He can't trap a turnip couldn't score in a brothel but hey some player to bring on at 1-0 . Goodnight 

I’m sure Scott Brown would love to know you in fact know far better than he does in terms of our substitutions.

Pretty confident we could win the league, and morons would still be targeting McKenzie. 

1 minute ago, No_Problemo said:

I’m sure Scott Brown would love to know you in fact know far better than he does in terms of our substitutions.

Pretty confident we could win the league, and morons would still be targeting McKenzie. 

why are we morons for having a widely held and valid opinion?

think you should put down the crack pipe.

I've been critical of Dempsey in the past, mostly because I felt he could play much better than he was. Think giving him the Captaincy might be a master stroke though. He bossed it today and looked a different player.

Happy for Dowds too. Had a stinker against Buckie but took his goal brilliantly today.

Rus is different gravy as well.

Say what you like about McKenzie he does the job the manager asks him to do, the poor lad probably made a rod for his own back by scoring two brilliant goals against Dundee on his first real start when we were looking for someone to give us a spark of hope, he's not a striker anymore (if he ever really was one) he's probably a defensive wide player and maybe if we start thinking of him as that and then he may be more appicated.

43 minutes ago, muZZa__44 said:

Your not gonna hear me say McKenzie is a good striker cause his record shows he’s not a natural goal scorer, but he’s strong enough to be a pest for defenders and quick enough to still provide something, I’ve always said he was Dipo’s best partner up front as he did a lot of the dirty work and helped give Dipo more freedom to do what he did best he’s best used as a sub to bring on when your needing to hold on to a lead 

if McKenzie was anything other then a striker he wouldn’t get as much hate end of the day if and when he does leave Ayr he’ll likely be a solid option in league 1/2 similar to a McGuffie/Hilton and in future youth players can look to him as proof if you can work hard enough yoi can break into the first team and be a mainstay/make it in the top 4 leagues

Dipo would make Stephen hawking look good upfront. Dipo did what dipo wanted and the fact he couldn’t be a good partner to anyone else outwith dipo to me backs my claim. 

Mckenzie is in a Sam ashford situation. He’s been shafted out wide not providing much threat but for whatever reasons we seemed to slate ashford but pander to McKenzie. “He defends well” good for him but it just seems like an excuse. It’s really the bare minimum. 

2 minutes ago, Rayfine said:

why are we morons for having a widely held and valid opinion?

think you should put down the crack pipe.

For targeting a player after an excellent win, and point blank refusing to understand why he will be used in most games this season. 

Absolutely fine to have the view that McKenzie shouldn’t be a regular starter, as I think everyone thinks that. He quite clearly has a value within the squad though - it is just being obtuse to fail to recognise anything that he does. 

6 minutes ago, Jack_1910 said:

Dipo would make Stephen hawking look good upfront. Dipo did what dipo wanted and the fact he couldn’t be a good partner to anyone else outwith dipo to me backs my claim. 

Mckenzie is in a Sam ashford situation. He’s been shafted out wide not providing much threat but for whatever reasons we seemed to slate ashford but pander to McKenzie. “He defends well” good for him but it just seems like an excuse. It’s really the bare minimum. 

Cause McKenzie contributed more then Ashford did the one full season they had together and with less starts and minutes 

Ashford: 7 goal contributions in 27 starts

McKenzie: 9 goal contributions in 18 starts

You can tell a lot about someone by their opinions on McKenzie. You can be critical of him but some people have got the blinkers on when it comes to him and have somehow convinced themselves he should be playing for Cumnock. 

I’m happy to let the people who are paid to pick the team have a better understanding than most on who should and shouldn’t be playing. 

9 minutes ago, Jack_1910 said:

He was a perfectly adequate support to Anton Dowds last season. 

Just now, D'Jaffo said:

He was a perfectly adequate support to Anton Dowds last season. 

And probably could have been so as well for Adeloye if we didn’t stick him out wide most times and only played 1 up front 

Just won 2-0 in opening game of the season, only lost one pre season/LC game including games against two teams in the top 6 of the premiership, nice new stand, Look like we have one of our most exciting attacking midfielders since Alain Horrice in Marco Rus but here were are arguing about wither Mark McKenzie should be playing in the team. I think Scott Brown and Steven Whitaker have a wee bit of credit in the bank by this point, let them decide if they think he should be in the squad.