The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Just now, Richey Edwards said:

I once got to meet the 2002/03 squad and watch a game from the directors box. Genuinely never been as star struck by any famous person I have met as I was to meet Craig Nelson, James Grady, David Craig etc.

Still have this hanging up on my wall.

20240807_172756.thumb.jpg.40e2375289ab9a1a43ca1a0ecd78ee3b.jpg

Absolutely love! It's these small things, that stick with us and make us spend money with a club/business for the rest of our lifes. Great memory to have bud! 

I’ve said it loads but given the positivity around the club I’d like to think the new SLO’s are looking at getting busses running for the season. It’s maybe not so bad this season and the majority of away days are localish and easy enough to get to but fans should still have the option imo. 

20 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

I’ve said it loads but given the positivity around the club I’d like to think the new SLO’s are looking at getting busses running for the season. It’s maybe not so bad this season and the majority of away days are localish and easy enough to get to but fans should still have the option imo. 

I helped run a few years ago. The only company that would entertain us, was Ayrways (down Newton shore) They were about as shoddy as you could get and didn't really care as long as you put up the cash early on..... it's a thankless and stressful task. However, if someone was to put them on, it would most definitely get me to go on away days again. @JohnGAYRwe're looking at you 🫡😉

Edited by F.T.O.F.1910

2 hours ago, Finlay21 said:

Imagine being a coach in there after a defeat in front of some boozed up fans ? Think there is a reason why no club does that 

It's easy to criticise specific ideas, but the bottom line is there could be more being done with a little imagination.

4 hours ago, F.T.O.F.1910 said:

I can't see it being an overly hard thing to arrange.

You would have more luck getting Police Scotland to consent to an Islamic Jihad rally, which at least would be a dry event.

Really can't see the club thinking a BYOB right next to their six-quid-a-pint bar is a winner either.

6 hours ago, Iain said:

I think people would be interested in lots of different things if they were pitched right. For example, have a 6pm 'debrief' by one of the coaches after each Saturday game. Host it in whichever part of the ground has the right capacity for the level of interest, probably hospitality. Show a couple of passages of play from the game and have the coach break it down. Starting at 6 means not only can the club make money from paid entry, there's also going to be good business at the bar until it starts.

This is fine unless it was a defeat. On the other hand, maybe the coach could be issued with a taser.

In seriousness though, it's encouraging for the club to even be thinking about community outreach. I know Bullen to his credit did a lot of e.g. tours of local assisted living facilities and so on, which probably isn't Brown's cup of tea but was appreciated by the recipients.

15 minutes ago, 1nickydevlin said:

Don't think the local bus companies can be bothered with the hassle .always bother on them. Think last year away to Peterhead and im sure the bell rock bus got raided on way to greenock couple season ago.

They can be bothered with the 5/6 buses that go to Ibrox/Celtic Park every week. Difference is they have contracts with third supporters clubs and guaranteed every week. 

2 minutes ago, Coollestersmoothe said:

With our home record, that’s a terrifying prospect haha

The home record really isn't that terrible. It was identical to the away record last season, and in the previous season was only two worse off (though the club topped the away record). The difference is of course that the average Ayr fan is going to watch more home games, and 1 in 3 wins is still a bit shite even if relative to the rest of the league it's really pretty middling.

I can't afford a season ticket up front, but my 72 year old dad and my 8 year old son both have them and I'm absolutely buzzing that we will all be in the Hub for opening time on Friday evening along with a few of my pals / family also paying match day prices ❤️

1 hour ago, AYRSHIRE_ANGUS said:

Talking of awaydays there are only two (Pars, Queens Park) between now and October. 

Ooft.

I'm really hoping there's at least one great away day to a lower league club in the Scottish Cup.

Would help me to deal with a relatively dull away day line up overall this season.

1 hour ago, AYRSHIRE_ANGUS said:

Talking of awaydays there are only two (Pars, Queens Park) between now and October. 

And we’ll only get about 80 tickets (same as Livi) for Queens Park away as they’ll still be at lesser by then!

2 minutes ago, ecocme said:

And we’ll only get about 80 tickets (same as Livi) for Queens Park away as they’ll still be at lesser by then!

Depends if Rangers get a home draw in the league cup or not...

1 minute ago, Rb123 said:

Depends if Rangers get a home draw in the league cup or not...

I thought they’d agreed not to play any games at Hampden while Rangers were playing there so as not to overuse the pitch? 

4 hours ago, F.T.O.F.1910 said:

Absolutely love! It's these small things, that stick with us and make us spend money with a club/business for the rest of our lifes. Great memory to have bud! 

Wasn't a great game (it was 0-0) but definitely one of the best days at the football I had, and one of the best memories of going to the football with my Papa.

2 hours ago, Thumper said:

The home record really isn't that terrible. It was identical to the away record last season, and in the previous season was only two worse off (though the club topped the away record). The difference is of course that the average Ayr fan is going to watch more home games, and 1 in 3 wins is still a bit shite even if relative to the rest of the league it's really pretty middling.

I’m sure there was a period of poor home form at the end of Bullens first full season that rolled into poor home form at the start of his last season. It felt like it went on and on and on anyway.