The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

4 minutes ago, Rodders1910 said:

I would hope they would, but you never mentioned that before did you? You just said that you can't believe fans are criticizing the club despite there being a perfectly good reason to criticize considering people have paid good money for their view to be obstructed. All you had to say was that the current setup isn't ideal but club have plans in place in the event of promotion.

There are two separate issues here, peoples views being obstructed and a camera position. 

The first shouldn't have happened regardless of the second and thats on the club. 

12 minutes ago, Nelson said:

Why can’t you believe it?  People have paid nearly 400 quid for a season ticket and then discover there view is blocked by a camera whenever we’re on the telly.  You can’t expect people to be happy about that.  If there is a plan to address the problem then great, but after last night, those plans need to be shared with the support.

Why the whole support,surely addressing the people it effects will be good enough 

14 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

It’s all about learnings , my main point is about the criticism on not building a gantry , there must be other options that could be taken , no reason why the BBC could not use a cherry picker like  they have done many times in the past as they are only there on a very few occasions, 

If we believe the media room is fit for purpose, then I guess we have to force the issue with the TV companies.  Either use it or come up with a Plan B as the option used last night clearly isn’t fit for purpose.  I’m honestly not surprised the BBC turned their nose up at using the media room given it’s so far from the halfway line.  It does seem like a real step backward to be talking about the cherry picker option which hasn’t been used since the 90s - it’s probably not the cheap option for the tv companies either so I suspect they’d be highly resistant to that too.  

15 minutes ago, Nelson said:

If we believe the media room is fit for purpose, then I guess we have to force the issue with the TV companies.  Either use it or come up with a Plan B as the option used last night clearly isn’t fit for purpose.  I’m honestly not surprised the BBC turned their nose up at using the media room given it’s so far from the halfway line.  It does seem like a real step backward to be talking about the cherry picker option which hasn’t been used since the 90s - it’s probably not the cheap option for the tv companies either so I suspect they’d be highly resistant to that too.  

I have had my say and this is my last post about the gantry  ,  I  do like the comment  you have just posted though that bbc won’t take the option to hire a cherry picker as it’s expensive , and yet all along you have gone on about us taking the cost to build a gantry for them to use currently twice a season at the moment, if we get promoted the club might look at it differently as it could be a clause that it is required but at the moment it is not and as I said earlier I prefer what they have currently spent their money on in the new stand , and also hope they deal with the few season ticket holders it affected 

Edited by Finlay21

Decided to go along to the Girvan game today. Keenan and Rodgers are the management team. Heavy defeat for Girvan and Keenan certainly hasn't mellowed any. Also rather randomly he was decked out in Leeds shirt and shorts. I get nobody wants to wear Girvan gear but surely the Super gear would have been a better choice 😂

Just now, Thereisalight.. said:

Decided to go along to the Girvan game today. Keenan and Rodgers are the management team. Heavy defeat for Girvan and Keenan certainly hasn't mellowed any. Also rather randomly he was decked out in Leeds shirt and shorts. I get nobody wants to wear Girvan gear but surely the Super gear would have been a better choice 😂

Going by his twitter he’s a big Leeds fan. Who knows why. 

Just now, Thereisalight.. said:

Going by his twitter he’s a big Leeds fan. Who knows why. 

Wonder what we’ll argue about next week if we beat Hamilton? To be fair I guess it’s a good sign footballing wise when we are arguing about Mark McKenzie, camera positions and most importantly Empire fckin biscuits.

1 hour ago, Finlay21 said:

Don’t you think the club would take any necessary changes required if they were to get promoted ? Can’t believe that a few people are criticising the club for not building a TV gantry , the current cost of the build has risen by over 50% and therefore is still only 2/3rds finished is the TV gantry more important than any of the stand that is complete ? 

I think you are too close to the club on this issue. If we have genuine desires on being in the premiership then ‘proper’ media facilities should have been part of the stands design. In fact, outside of us being in the premiership, it’s the year 2024 and fans expect footage to be filmed in house. Not filmed through a potato, at a decent height and vantage point and not infringing on the paying fans view. It beggars belief that it wasn’t a consideration the club made. Sorry Finlay but I think you’re in the wrong here. 

22 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

I have had my say and this is my last post about the gantry  ,  I  do like the comment  you have just posted though that bbc won’t take the option to hire a cherry picker as it’s expensive , and yet all along you have gone on about us taking the cost to build a gantry for them to use currently twice a season at the moment, if we get promoted the club might look at it differently as it could be a clause that it is required but at the moment it is not and as I said earlier I prefer what they have currently spent their money on in the new stand , and also hope they deal with the few season ticket holders it affected 

My point was that if we couldn’t force the BBC to use our media room that you believe is fit for purpose (but which they evidently don’t) how are we going to force them to use a cherry picker which will likely be a significantly more expensive option for them?  

23 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

While we’re talking about food can we please get Donner Kebab pies in, would be a game changer imo. 

Not Brownings though,   can't even get an empire biscuit right.

Next time just punt the BBC camera man onto the North Stand roof, would be the same height roughly as a cherry picker would be 😂

In all seriousness though, it's poor that fans buying season tickets had restricted view for the game. Maybe next time the BBC is there (or any other broadcast company if we get a plum SC tie) if they use the same vantage point, how about moving the fans with the restricted view into the hospitality suites? Means they see the game and won't grumble too much as they'd have additional perks 

Edited by Thereisalight..

1 hour ago, ayrunitedfw said:

While we’re talking about food can we please get Donner Kebab pies in, would be a game changer imo. 

Kebab pies have been the best additions to the football since the passback rule.