The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

25 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Maybe with a modest investment, we can finish the stand and maybe purchase the railway yard. Probably more sensible than signing 5 players on 2 grand a week. 

Or paying your gaffer £10k per week 🤔

52 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Maybe with a modest investment, we can finish the stand and maybe purchase the railway yard. Probably more sensible than signing 5 players on 2 grand a week. 

I did immediately think of the railway yard, to help Smith complete his legacy, or at least, help bring it into club / board ownership.

The Tony Fernandez Ayr United football club and academy training ground - has a nice ring to it!

Just now, THEHonestman1910 said:

Tony Fernandes showed how NOT to run a Premier League club by throwing 100k a week paychecks towards anyone with a half decent CV. 

Bollocks!!! I have a decent CV and I would have a accepted £50k a week

13 minutes ago, THEHonestman1910 said:

Tony Fernandes showed how NOT to run a Premier League club by throwing 100k a week paychecks towards anyone with a half decent CV. 

I don’t think I’d blame him for the signing of players but rather the hiring of managers with a sketchy history of signing players. 

As mentioned I think if he was contributing money it would be better used on infrastructure such as a training ground etc. 

4 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I don’t think I’d blame him for the signing of players but rather the hiring of managers with a sketchy history of signing players. 

As mentioned I think if he was contributing money it would be better used on infrastructure such as a training ground etc. 

If he did that he'd be wanting a good chunk of the club as opposed to signing a player or two with his pocket change

49 minutes ago, AUFC 1910 said:

I did immediately think of the railway yard, to help Smith complete his legacy, or at least, help bring it into club / board ownership.

The Tony Fernandez Ayr United football club and academy training ground - has a nice ring to it!

Scottish Vacant and Derelict Land Survey has the railway yard listed as 3.4 hectares.

Assuming short term the community corner was entirely dependent on getting funding as we've heard nothing since. Give Fernandes his own massage table and he might fund it.

Refusing to even engage with the Fernandes stuff. I’m sure he’s learned from QPR that football is not a sensible place to put your money if you intend to remain wealthy.

2 minutes ago, Iain said:

Refusing to even engage with the Fernandes stuff. I’m sure he’s learned from QPR that football is not a sensible place to put your money if you intend to remain wealthy.

Tbf he was dealing with billions with qpr wouldn’t need that to compete up here 

1 hour ago, AYRSHIRE_ANGUS said:

The Airdrie game is now available on iPlayer btw.

Should note the trigger warning that the commentators mention multiple times that Rus isn't hugely involved in the game and then brilliant when he is 👀

16 minutes ago, Iain said:

The post from VOR does almost seem like it's hinting at something 

18 minutes ago, Rodders1910 said:

The post from VOR does almost seem like it's hinting at something 

Hyping up, and then we find out he's bought a season ticket

Voice normal only hints or talks about things that have at least some smoke, as others have said if he wants to invest get him involved in the finishing of the stand that was mothballed, the community gym that was refused funding or sime kind of training facility.

4 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

Maybe he was just there to see the new stand?

This is the most likely situation

He's bought a new house and wants to hire someone as the prime contractor for building and maintenance, Davie Smith is playing the corporate game and wowing him to get the gig for Ashleigh