The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Poland were a terrible side, absolutely there to be beaten if Clarke wasn't such a coward. He's got to go.

Why wait till the 70th minute to make positive changes? Dykes looks every bit the 3rd tier player that he is, Ralston is minging and Hanley is a moose.

Why take Gilmour off?? Why keep punting the ball forward, mostly towards McGinn??

Theres a very real chance we come out this group with zero points.

On the plus side McTominay is a Rolls Royce of a player and Doak looked lively.

Ralston, for club and country, is an emergency right back. You get away with having him in there against weaker opponents or for a short period of time. He can't be the primary option.

9 hours ago, Coollestersmoothe said:

Think I’ve fallen outta love again with the national team. I can’t bear Steve Clarke gaslighting us anymore.

Aye, there was a real buzz round about the national team which in fairness was created by Stevie Clarke however the lead up to Germany and then in Germany was just turgid. Time for a change imo. 

Steve Clarke is o one trick pony. Will only attack when his hand is forced and despite it working well reverts to his defensive style next game. He worked well when we were limping around in 45th ranking position but is unable to evolve with better players. He should be made to sit in the stand for a few games and let someone more attack minded ditch his mates and pick the best team. The penny might drop somewhere and he might finally get asked why he is selling this current bunch of players short

18 minutes ago, AyrExile said:

Steve Clarke is o one trick pony. Will only attack when his hand is forced and despite it working well reverts to his defensive style next game. He worked well when we were limping around in 45th ranking position but is unable to evolve with better players. He should be made to sit in the stand for a few games and let someone more attack minded ditch his mates and pick the best team. The penny might drop somewhere and he might finally get asked why he is selling this current bunch of players short

A guy struggling to get a game in the 3rd tier of English football should never, ever be near a Scotland squad. He's sticking with players who done well for us 3 years ago through blind loyalty, bloody stubbornness, ineptitude or probably a combination of those things.

And not to take away from the achievements but it's never been easier to qualify for the Euros. I was actually stunned to see his starting XI against a desperately weak Poland side at home then I remembered it's Clarke.

Hopefully the media start to properly jump on him and put pressure on the SFA to bin him otherwise he's here to stay.

14 minutes ago, AUFC 1910 said:

With the entry prices down for Sunday, what kind of crowd are we expecting?

New manager might entice a few more Raith fans than what they had planned.

Somewhere in the 1000-1200 ballpark is probably where we'll land, never much in the way of appetite for the challenge cup. It is even more boring this year with the removal of "foreign" teams. 

40 minutes ago, Scott-ish said:

A guy struggling to get a game in the 3rd tier of English football should never, ever be near a Scotland squad. He's sticking with players who done well for us 3 years ago through blind loyalty, bloody stubbornness, ineptitude or probably a combination of those things.

And not to take away from the achievements but it's never been easier to qualify for the Euros. I was actually stunned to see his starting XI against a desperately weak Poland side at home then I remembered it's Clarke.

Hopefully the media start to properly jump on him and put pressure on the SFA to bin him otherwise he's here to stay.

It's a lot of the old Lee Bullen-style "this worked before, so it's bound to work again".

38 minutes ago, AUFC 1910 said:

With the entry prices down for Sunday, what kind of crowd are we expecting?

New manager might entice a few more Raith fans than what they had planned.

Proper poisoned chalice being the home team in the jobbies cup. 

I'll be enjoying a no football weekend.