The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

35 minutes ago, Jazzar said:

Showing my age but Stevie Nicol was, like Watret, an obvious future pay-day for Ayr United. I hope young Dylan has as good a career as Stevie had. I share the feeling that he needs to avoid injury for that to happen and he's perhaps not the build (yet) of Nicol but he has the same potential. 

It's been said before but the Ayr United Academy deserve great credit for getting this current crop of youngsters knocking on the door of greater things via Ayr United - Hislop, Guthrie, McRoberts are just some names worth looking out for.  

Yassss. You’re older than me. I caught the tail end of stevie nicol but I really don’t remember a lot of the games I first attended. It’s only in the passing of time and ability to look back that I realised I saw Steve in the flesh. My main point is, I’m either younger than @Jazzar or have a shitier memory. Up ye.

7 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

In terms of his career, if we were to get promoted then I think it would be best for him to stay put and continue to progress. 

Whatever he does - he just needs to continue playing games. Even since he came into the team, you can see the development in him. 

Look when we win the league and Real Madrid come in for him I'd be happy for him to stay on loan for a season to get top flight experience 😀 

8 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Whatever he does - he just needs to continue playing games. Even since he came into the team, you can see the development in him. 

The speed of his development has been amazing to watch. During the summer everyone thought we needed to sign a right back. Now it looks like we have the best one in the league.

4 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

He was doing some running during the warm up so he is here but clearly wasn’t fit enough to play today. Might be a case that he’s only had one training session with the team and Brown didn’t think he was ready. 

I’d be hoping he’s starting next week as McAllister can’t be starting against Thistle. 

Considering he has to yet play a minute of football for us and his history i highly doubt he'll start next week.

Agree though we don't have the luxury of a fit McMann in the team to give McAvoy time to get back up to speed...

5 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

The referee was pish again today.

He did add on all the time wasted by Raith though

It was their throw ins that pissed me off. Adding about five yards to every throw they got. Referee made a lot of really pish decisions.

Just now, Roxanne's man said:

It was their throw ins that pissed me off. Adding about five yards to every throw they got. Referee made a lot of really pish decisions.

Dempsey being fouled but managing to stay on his feet and breaking clean through, but somehow giving a free kick was a highlight, Dowds being rugby tackled to the deck by a player on a booking and giving away a free kick is another 

4 minutes ago, Superhursty7 said:

We would be better with Angus Gunns Dad in goals and he's about 60.

Anyone but that diving tosspot in nets for Kirkcaldy today.

*I'm aware he's polish*

Edited by Roxanne's man

The ref was terrible but arguably the linesmen were worse. At one point Watret was practically being put in a full nelson by the railway end corner flag about two feet from the official and nothing got called.

On a completely different note: game management. How good was the shithousery at the end.

1 minute ago, Thumper said:

The ref was terrible but arguably the linesmen were worse. At one point Watret was practically being put in a full nelson by the railway end corner flag about two feet from the official and nothing got called.

On a completely different note: game management. How good was the shithousery at the end.

Rus going on a solo run post whistle. Ripping the piss out of the keeper, then keeping the ball off him leading to a tantrum was a wonderful bit of shithousing which the referee created by not clamping down on it earlier. 

1 minute ago, ryanayr1987 said:

He’s better than dykes

He's better than Gunn!

1 minute ago, diegomarahenry said:

Rus going on a solo run post whistle. Ripping the piss out of the keeper, then keeping the ball off him leading to a tantrum was a wonderful bit of shithousing which the referee created by not clamping down on it earlier. 

Who was is that put the ball in the net after the ref blew for a 50/50 and then didn't bother specifying who it was actually for? Henderson?