The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 hour ago, 1nickydevlin said:

Attendance 400 down from the Hamilton game couple weeks ago. Strange .

Doesn't make any sense at all. Especially since the season tickets from the crowd fund have been dished out. Main stand looks relatively busy and North terrace felt as busy as it's been 

On 29/08/2024 at 22:08, Rb123 said:

They're all taking it line, bait and hook too.

Some clown saying about mind the gap, that the massive 1 place in the pyramid currently? 🤣

Can you keep me updated on this pyramid gap as the season progresses please? You know Kilmarnock schooling isn’t the best.

23 minutes ago, Rodders1910 said:

Doesn't make any sense at all. Especially since the season tickets from the crowd fund have been dished out. Main stand looks relatively busy and North terrace felt as busy as it's been 

True but there are less in the SRE and there are loads of ST holders who don't go every week for various reasons. 

1 hour ago, Rodders1910 said:

Whilst I think the crowd fund was great and all that, I wonder how many would actually turn up from it and whether the tickets are wasted on the wrong people? If they are just given out randomly to local schools etc. lots will go to waste on old firm fans/families , although it could persuade the odd one. Was there an application process for them ? 

Injuries beginning to really worry me. It’s not a new trend since Brown took over as we began to drop like flier at the end of last season. Are we being worked too hard in training as that’s where we seem to be losing players? We do seem one of if not the fittest teams in the league fitness wise, but may be coming with a price. Or just really unlucky all the injuries are players playing in the same position. 

3 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

Injuries beginning to really worry me. It’s not a new trend since Brown took over as we began to drop like flier at the end of last season. Are we being worked too hard in training as that’s where we seem to be losing players? We do seem one of if not the fittest teams in the league fitness wise, but may be coming with a price. Or just really unlucky all the injuries are players playing in the same position. 

Bit of both imo

4 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

Stone , McMann and Russ were all down to impact injuries so more likely just being unlucky more than training caused 

Some update on supporters buses that someone asked about on here recently, looking like good news but looking for help to get supporters to steward the buses , surely there are guys on here willing to help as a number have been asking for this for a couple of years 

IMG_1270.jpeg

20 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

Stone , McMann and Russ were all down to impact injuries so more likely just being unlucky more than training caused 

Thanks for the info. Do we know anything more on Dowds yet, I'm presuming he will need to get a scan?

Feel strangely deflated today despite still being unbeaten in 6 and with a bit of luck could have won that yesterday.  The Dowds injury a definite worry- would be gutted if that is a long term one.  2 massive games coming up that both look winnable before a trip to Falkirk 

16 hours ago, OnlyAyrfaninTarbolton said:

You obviously havnt supported aur that long if ure scunnered..... 

Unbeaten in a amazingly competitive championship isnt anything to be scunnered about. 

Getting beat 5-1off Forfar and sitting third bottom of league one was scunnering... 

Injuries have obviously cost us points but they will clear up and we will pick up again.. 

Never fear... 

you’re a bit of a sensitive one eh? I didn’t say I was summered with the club overall however the result and mounting injuries was a bit summering 

Edited by ayrunitedfw

4 minutes ago, Superhursty7 said:

McMann was out for three to four weeks so hopefully back soon, my main worry is Dowds losing him long term changes the way we play Bavidge is a completely different player and McKenzie is not in the same stratosphere as Dowds 

If Dowds is out long term then I’d consider changing the shape and having Rus pushed further forward behind Oakley and keeping Howley and Dempsey behind him. 

Bavidge may well start next week and stake a claim but I also think Howley is really coming onto a game as well. 

1 minute ago, D'Jaffo said:

If Dowds is out long term then I’d consider changing the shape and having Rus pushed further forward behind Oakley and keeping Howley and Dempsey behind him. 

Bavidge may well start next week and stake a claim but I also think Howley is really coming onto a game as well. 

I don’t think Coventry sent howley up here to sit on our bench so I think this was always going to happen

4 hours ago, Sortmeout said:

Can you keep me updated on this pyramid gap as the season progresses please? You know Kilmarnock schooling isn’t the best.

Sitting on this post for two weeks, waiting on your team to double their points total (to two) isn’t the slagging you think it is. 

8 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Sitting on this post for two weeks, waiting on your team to double their points total (to two) isn’t the slagging you think it is. 

I would post the relevant Simpsons meme here but since it’s you I’ll not bother. 

Howley looked ok, but tired pretty badly and was a 2nd yellow waiting to happen.  Wasn’t surprised he got hooked, but will hopefully be a good addition.  Been a little disappointed with Oakley if I’m honest - doesn’t seem to make much of a contribution in general play - but maybe he can step up a bit if Dowds is going to be out for a while.   Hard to judge Bavidge, but seems more mobile than our other options.