The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

41 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

The rest of the sentence is, he has a better CV.
Just because St Johnstone fans are butthurt because he snubbed them before (for the same reason Brown is likely to) doesn’t mean it doesn’t make more sense to go for him now.
He is a safe pair of hands, an uninspiring, decent manager.

Brown will also likely come with a decent compensation package. Even if Saints were able to afford it….and have money left to dangle as a carrot for players recruitment. Browns CV contains a sacking within a year at his first job and a very good 6 weeks at Ayr after 4 months of mediocrity and signing Jack Sanders. 

McCabe hasn’t had Airdrie ticking, Imries issues seem to stem from him being Dougie Imrie and McGlynn is in the same boat as Brown, why risk a relegation with St Johnstone when you could have a potentially good season to build on? 

Ian Murray will not be considered for the job due to his comments, and the fact he's failed in the top flight before and just been sacked from a side bottom of the Championship. Brown links 

People might jump to join us because we're in the top flight and not guaranteed to be relegated. Generally finishing 11th is enough to stay up. Any manager with confidence would fancy managing that IMO.

19 minutes ago, Roxanne's man said:

Would Mccall take the reigns at St. Johnstone? 🤔 You'd think his compensation package would be significantly less than that of Brown.

He can't buy a win at Clyde at the moment. Why would St Johnstone even be interested?

Brown might feel it's better to get out while his stock is high tbh.  

There's a pretty inevitable feeling now that our season is going to tail off and he might fancy getting out ahead of that. 

1 minute ago, itzdrk said:

There's a pretty inevitable feeling now that our season is going to tail off and he might fancy getting out ahead of that. 

I'd hope not. He's built/building a team that actually looks pretty capable. St. Johnstone wouldn't be that much of a step up imho, with the possible chance of dropping down to where Ayr currently are.

I know it's a long shot, Neil Lennon? Without a club I think 🤔 

Just now, Roxanne's man said:

I'd hope not. He's built/building a team that actually looks pretty capable. St. Johnstone wouldn't be that much of a step up imho, with the possible chance of dropping down to where Ayr currently are.

I know it's a long shot, Neil Lennon? Without a club I think 🤔 

Dunno the crap performances roll on and I'm not sure I buy this as much now.  Think we just have a couple good players. 

7 minutes ago, Roxanne's man said:

St. Johnstone wouldn't be that much of a step up.

No point getting in a competition as I'm reality it's various shades of shite, but any looking at the last 20 years worth of performances, and potential to grow the club, would surely see us as more attractive?

5 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

No point getting in a competition as I'm reality it's various shades of shite, but any looking at the last 20 years worth of performances, and potential to grow the club, would surely see us as more attractive?

Would you take Neil Lennon? Just out of interest? 🤔 I'm not a fan personally.

The way I'm looking at it, is that I've been playing FIFA since 97, Ayrs never been in it and my son has started asking why they're never in it (I usually change St. Johnstone into Ayr United through edit teams or however 😂) So it would be nice to think that in FC 26 (formerly FIFA) Ayr united were in it with Brown at the helm in the premier league.

Obviously, both clubs have the potential to grow bigger under good management, though I believe Brown is at Ayr for the long term. 🤞I hope.

10 minutes ago, Roxanne's man said:

Would you take Neil Lennon? Just out of interest? 🤔 I'm not a fan personally.

No, we're trying to rebuild the club with someone who can start a process going again over years. Lennon seems the opposite of that.

44 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

If it’s a step up from Ayr to St Johnstone then it’s a pretty small step. If Brown wanted to advance his career then surely success at Ayr would be more of a springboard than helping St Johnstone finish anywhere between 8th-11th as they do most seasons in the spfl. Going to St Johnstone would be a career cul-de-sac.

Winning promotion, either outright or through the playoffs, or even getting to the playoffs and giving a good account of ourselves would all be considered successes here. They’re all eminently achievable for Brown and this team, and at the end of it he'll have a proven record of doing something impressive. Ultimately it’s more eye catching to other teams. 

He stays here and does well, then he goes to one of the “big” teams in Scotland (Hibs, say) with potential of silverware. 

He goes to St Johnstone, grinds out a 9th placed finish just like any other 
manager you could name could…Proves nothing. then what? 

RE - the potential to grow the club thing. Ayr ARE ACTUALLY growing. New facilities sprouting up left right and centre, fan base growing, investment in the team. The club going forward is practically all any outside observer talks about when they about Ayr United. What’s been happening at St Johnstone apart from the cup wins 3 seasons ago? 

Edited by Coollestersmoothe

1 minute ago, Superhursty7 said:

Just saw Paul Smith in cumnock asda with a moon boot on the injury jinx is now hitting ex players 

Yeah he started every league cup game for Annan then disappeared shame as he looked liked he was really kicking on there as well

1 hour ago, itzdrk said:

You’ll be getting folk stalking you round the site with that kind of post.

We miss Rus badly and have had two keepers in the last two games, playing behind a makeshift defence. McCann has been one of our best players.

Dunfermline were desperate not to get beat when we played them and did the worst thing possible and conceded first and early. The Brazil 1970 team would have struggled to score.

Saturday was very flat, the keeper made a save he didn’t have to make and then didn’t come for the cross. 

Injuries are absolutely hammering us and despite having a big squad, the talent doesn’t go much far beyond the first choice 11, I’ll give you that. 

54 minutes ago, Coollestersmoothe said:

What’s been happening at St Johnstone apart from the cup wins 3 seasons ago? 

One of the best youth set ups built in the country, a millionaire American investor group who have promised huge investment in facilities (which has already started) and increased budgets, club turnover topped £8m  there's over £5m in the bank, and we had a crowd of 9k+ for our opening league game.

We've spent the past decade qualifying for Europe, making the top six, selling folk for millions while having owners who didn't invest or show interest in growing the club.

Our main suites blow virtually every other club in the country out the water in terms of income it generates.

28 minutes ago, Superhursty7 said:

Just saw Paul Smith in cumnock asda with a moon boot on the injury jinx is now hitting ex players 

Got injured around 7 weeks ago , believe he was going to be out for 3 months