The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

7 minutes ago, 1nickydevlin said:

I was at it .and the 3rd top is minted . Sponsor let's it down though.

Mathie didn't deny the rumours about the land behind railway end 

The Club is on an upward trajectory in everything it does . 

Mulligans have agreed to be the venue for busses .

No-one wants the hassle of running bus .

Was that it? Wow I’m glad I didn’t go

7 minutes ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

Was that it? Wow I’m glad I didn’t go

No that wasn't it all .it went on for 2 hours and was quite interesting. I'm just not sitting for the next 20 mins typing everything that was discussed.  Maybe you should have went .

3 minutes ago, 1nickydevlin said:

No that wasn't it all .it went on for 2 hours and was quite interesting. I'm just not sitting for the next 20 mins typing everything that was discussed.  Maybe you should have went .

Boooooo!

Type it! Type it! Type it!

2 hours ago, AyrExile said:

It was the tactics that fell short on Saturday and not the players we had to choose from. Had the game run on for another fifteen minutes or we had made changes earlier then we would have edged the game.. Granted it would have been easier having less injuries but we kept that shit show of a formation going until half time. That's on the management team but in their defence they are probably still learning loads as early days in their management career 

Hastie and Howley were rotten and it was no surprise they both got hooked at half time.  Hastie was sleeping at the goal as well which probably didn’t go unnoticed by Brown.  Oakley and Bavidge were completely static.  Not sure if that was tactical or just a reflection of what they had to offer on the day.  

I thought Howley did ok against Partick albeit his discipline was poor - hopefully he can improve.  Perhaps Brown needs to think again about Syla as he definitely added some much needed energy in the second half.  He may not be a long term answer, but he really should be more involved.   I can only assume Hastie suffered a serious injury at some point and has never really recovered as there’s absolutely no hint of the player who was once shortlisted for Scotland’s Young Player of the Year.  

31 minutes ago, 1nickydevlin said:

Yeah, I didn't ask in a sneering way (I now have to make these things clear due to....people) I was genuinely interested in what was discussed as I wasn't able to attend. 

Anyone who is selflessly trying to help the club 

Spoiler

t5xpqFHG_400x400.jpg.ede8a21383b48af591043de1522f7876.jpg

ihatepeoplesomuch-stupidfartdumbshit.gif.1a136dc01de3e27f4c1a2db55235c29a.gif

doesn't deserve criticism 

7 minutes ago, Nelson said:

Hastie and Howley were rotten and it was no surprise they both got hooked at half time.  Hastie was sleeping at the goal as well which probably didn’t go unnoticed by Brown.  Oakley and Bavidge were completely static.  Not sure if that was tactical or just a reflection of what they had to offer on the day.  

I thought Howley did ok against Partick albeit his discipline was poor - hopefully he can improve.  Perhaps Brown needs to think again about Syla as he definitely added some much needed energy in the second half.  He may not be a long term answer, but he really should be more involved.   I can only assume Hastie suffered a serious injury at some point and has never really recovered as there’s absolutely no hint of the player who was once shortlisted for Scotland’s Young Player of the Year.  

That is one of the good things about Brown - he doesn't mess around and makes the subs quickly. I thought Howley was really poor and was pleased at how big a difference Syla made when he came on. Dempsey was head and shoulders the man of the match for me.

I also think that Musonda relishes a role further up the pitch, and although I was initially concerned when I saw he was coming on I thought he did really well.

As others have said, really hope Rus is fit for Saturday.

Anything said on if there is a plan to improve media coverage in particular the webcast. I've been spending 15 quid for most home games that I can't make due to living pretty far away. Struggling to get through a game without it cutting out at some point and quality of other teams such as Stranraer is far superior to ours. Any mention on utilising the UWS link perhaps to help with this. Really I would need some sort of statement from club to have confidence to pay for webcast again. 

9 hours ago, Finlay21 said:

You honestly think he would chose fighting off relegation  than fighting to get promoted and working with a chairman and board who he knows fully supports him 

If this post gets deleted in the next 24hrs we know things have changed lol

Scott Brown supposedly on a final shortlist of 4 for St Johnstone job alongside the Larne manager, Peter Leven and an unnamed. Prior to Dowds injury I wouldn’t of been overly worried about him going however think that has completely killed any chance of promotion and he may want to take the offer of a premiership job while it’s there. 

If Brown goes, which I don't think he will, then goodbye and we move on. Wouldn't want it to happen but the club is heading the right way and we'd get someone else in.

There seems to be a lot of unwarranted panic on here. We're unbeaten but have been written off by some because we've lost Dowds. Mental talk at this stage of the season.

3 minutes ago, Scott-ish said:

If Brown goes, which I don't think he will, then goodbye and we move on. Wouldn't want it to happen but the club is heading the right way and we'd get someone else in.

There seems to be a lot of unwarranted panic on here. We're unbeaten but have been written off by some because we've lost Dowds. Mental talk at this stage of the season.

At this point last season we'd only had Dowds for 12 days but he'd already scored a hat-trick (albeit against Airdrie)

It's a tall order to get someone in to hit the ground running like that, but I do think our shot at promotion this year hinges on getting a ~20 goal striker in the door

We still have the ability to be top-4 without that, so it's not like relegation is staring us in the face like previous seasons