The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

I rarely get a supporters bus, the last one I got was to the Dundee cup game in the Reid era where there was a mass brawl in the away end.

I sat down the front of the bus away from all the bad boys. The bus convener sat across from me once the bus left and opened a bottle of wine in a bag and drank it like a tramp in an American film. 

10 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

We should have a sweepstake to see how many away games this lasts for before somecunt ruins it for everyone. I'll say three.

Couldn't agree more,unfortunately we have some right pr@cks that will ruin it for the majority 

27 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

I rarely get a supporters bus, the last one I got was to the Dundee cup game in the Reid era where there was a mass brawl in the away end.

My first time at Dens Park that. Tam McManus scored for us IIRC.

My memory is that Dundee scored their winner while all the chaos was unfolding in the away end.

What was it about? Folk standing up?

Edited by AUcal

1 minute ago, AUcal said:

My first time at Dens Park that. Tam McManus scored for us IIRC.

My memory is that Dundee scored their winner while all the chaos was unfolding in the away end.

What was it about? Folk standing up?

About 300 folk were standing and the steward focused on one guy who was there with his son, someone about 3 rows back shoved the folk in front and it ended up with the steward going backwards over the chairs in front. 

He went away and came back with someone else and they tried to remove the father, the police got involved and one of the police pushed the son, maybe 12 years old at the time, down the stairs by his face and the mass brawl happened. I remember a police hat being Frisbee'd on to the pitch at one point. 

There were about a dozen arrests and I don't think any were charged. It was maybe a bit embarrassing to Taysides finest.  

2 hours ago, SouthStander1876 said:

I see. Thats a weird one. £20 is also quite steep. Supporters buses from Falkirk to Ayr in the league cup group stage were only £10-£15. Being fleeced a bit there.

I can assure you nobody is making a profit - it's been a real challenge to source a bus supplier in this area whilst we have to factor in the cost of a steward in order to get the thing off the ground given there were no volunteers to an appeal for assistance. If there is any excess at the end of the season, there will be a donation to the AU Player Fund or a subsidised bus - Mulligans will be happy to listen to the bus users on that one.

£20 is still cheaper than the train and provides a door to door service. It's a sign of the times I guess.

It's a real shame a bus hasn't ran at all this season. Fans have been asking for a bus for a while and the announcement of a bus has been greatly welcomed on the whole - I'm aware of one old man in particular who can no longer drive and isn't fit enough to get the train, this will be his first away game in a year and will be the highlight of his week!

The booking link should be live around 5pm tonight for those interested - it'll be posted across the official club channels.

15 hours ago, ryanayr1987 said:

Tbf  I had 2 pies yesterday as I skipped lunch, they were pretty good. Does he not supply them? 

Maybe he improved them? I'm basing it on he last brownings pie I had which was terrible. To be fair it was a while ago. 

19 minutes ago, DanielB said:

I can assure you nobody is making a profit - it's been a real challenge to source a bus supplier in this area whilst we have to factor in the cost of a steward in order to get the thing off the ground given there were no volunteers to an appeal for assistance. If there is any excess at the end of the season, there will be a donation to the AU Player Fund or a subsidised bus - Mulligans will be happy to listen to the bus users on that one.

£20 is still cheaper than the train and provides a door to door service. It's a sign of the times I guess.

It's a real shame a bus hasn't ran at all this season. Fans have been asking for a bus for a while and the announcement of a bus has been greatly welcomed on the whole - I'm aware of one old man in particular who can no longer drive and isn't fit enough to get the train, this will be his first away game in a year and will be the highlight of his week!

The booking link should be live around 5pm tonight for those interested - it'll be posted across the official club channels.

Fair enough. Needs must I guess!

Just listened to BBC Scottish football podcast. Mcgeady asked right at the start how things are going at Ayr he jurt quickly shut it it down saying he isn't really involved at the moment. Sounds bit disgruntled could have talked positively about how club is doing but presenter got message and quickly moved on. Would imagine he is either away but still on the books or not here much longer.