The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

10 hours ago, Finlay21 said:

Both training with squad , I would personally wait to have them in squad  against Livingston 

What squad number is McLennan? 

Very conscious that our number 10 shirt has been cursed since the days of Alan Forrest. 

14 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

What squad number is McLennan? 

Very conscious that our number 10 shirt has been cursed since the days of Alan Forrest. 

Genuinely not sure which of the 3 of them was the worst.  

10 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Genuinely not sure which of the 3 of them was the worst.  

Walsh surely? 

O’Connor at least had a few memorable moments and McGeady was just done but still scored goals that earned us points in the league. 

Walsh is arguably the most underwhelming signing we’ve made in years. 

Walsh reminded me a lot of all the times we signed Alan Trouten. Always looked great against us, never looked great in an Ayr shirt.

1 minute ago, Iain said:

Walsh reminded me a lot of all the times we signed Alan Trouten. Always looked great against us, never looked great in an Ayr shirt.

Ian McCall committed international war crimes with the way he utilised Trouten.

At least under Reid, I don’t think he was quite as developed but when we signed him in 2015 he was as close to a cheat code in League One as you could get. The fact he went and scored 20 goals for Albion Rovers a couple of years later showed that. 

56 minutes ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

Strange that we have an early kick off when the Scotland game isn’t on live TV. The thought of watching it on a laptop doesn’t appeal.

Scotland game being shown live in Cameron’s Bar after the Peterhead game . 

1 hour ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

Strange that we have an early kick off when the Scotland game isn’t on live TV. The thought of watching it on a laptop doesn’t appeal.

Must be extremely rare not to have access to YouTube on a TV these days. 

2 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

Walsh surely? 

O’Connor at least had a few memorable moments and McGeady was just done but still scored goals that earned us points in the league. 

Walsh is arguably the most underwhelming signing we’ve made in years. 

Walsh was probably as finished as McGeady and none of us, him or Inverness were willing to accept it.  Purely on basic stats he's the best of the three*. 

Walsh 3 goals 2 assists (18 games)

McGeady 2 goals 1 assist** (16 games)

O'Connor 1 goal 4 assists (50 games)

Spoiler

* don't necessarily agree with that myself :ph34r:

**the assist isn't listed in the stats I looked at but I remember him assisting a goal v Arbroath so have awarded it myself. 

Edited by itzdrk