The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

20 minutes ago, wuffster said:

Nice highlights package. Is that the first use of the much-vaunted media room? (Not criticising the video makers, it's a good idea in theory but in a useless location and poorly executed).

Was filmed from normal area , they had some extra Go Pros for first time , one behind each goal and one at the 18 yard line at the SRE ( where the area has been cut out at back of stand ) received new camera  from the chairman yesterday which they will be using from next game which should again improve the quality 

edit to add

I think the young guys doing the media now are trying real hard to improve the fans highlight package and am confident that very soon they will have mastered it and give us a package we will be proud of 

Edited by Finlay21

1 minute ago, Trogdor said:

There is no doubt it affected him but even ignoring that mistake his pass completion was really bad before and after it. He does give 100% and no-one can question his commitment.

I would have released him as well tbf but was expecting him to be a squad player. He's been played too much. Now that McMann is back he should be on the bench.

We need to get firing again. Henderson & Rus need to get more involved as well. Dowds is a huge miss but those two haven't been hitting the same levels.

Sybject change - Brown seems to have found Dempsey's best position he is fantastic as a deep lying playmaker. 

Dempsey was excellent again.  The rest of the midfield was poor for me.  Rus had some nice moments but was mostly on the periphery of the game.  We really haven’t figured yet how to get the best out of him.  Henderson just wasn’t in the game at all - was surprised it took so long to get him subbed off and Murphy on.  Was a good cross from McKenzie for the goal in fairness, but otherwise he is just so desperately limited.  With the backing Brown’s had, it’s nuts that we’re still falling back on him as a wide midfielder, but I guess that’s what happens when you sign dross like Hastie and Walker.  

Sobering to think we haven’t scored more than one goal in a league game since the Raith game  2 months ago - Oakley might be better if he had a mobile forward who was prepared to run beyond him - maybe McLennan can do that as his match fitness improves.  More realistically, we need to make changes in January which as we know is easier said than done.

24 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

There is no doubt it affected him but even ignoring that mistake his pass completion was really bad before and after it. He does give 100% and no-one can question his commitment.

I would have released him as well tbf but was expecting him to be a squad player. He's been played too much. Now that McMann is back he should be on the bench.

We need to get firing again. Henderson & Rus need to get more involved as well. Dowds is a huge miss but those two haven't been hitting the same levels.

Subject change - Brown seems to have found Dempsey's best position he is fantastic as a deep lying playmaker. 

To be fair, McAllister was third choice at RB behind Watret and Musonda. And fifth choice centre half behind  McAvoy, McMann, Stanger and Devlin. I don’t even think he would be on the bench if everyone was available. 

When we signed McAvoy I was questioning why we kept him as we had so much depth, but that comment didn’t go too well as he then went on to play for several weeks. He has filled in relatively well, but that should hopefully be the last we see of him for a bit.

Yeah - Dempsey was superb yesterday. It does just show you what a manager able to set up a team can do for certain players. 

Folk criticising Mark McKenzie clearly didn’t see him channel his inner Ronaldinho and spin away from a couple of Livi players in the middle of the park yesterday. Dempsey was MOTM yesterday but McKenzie wasn’t far behind him. A really solid performance from him and Reading on that left hand side. 

3 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

To be fair, McAllister was third choice at RB behind Watret and Musonda. And fifth choice centre half behind  McAvoy, McMann, Stanger and Devlin. I don’t even think he would be on the bench if everyone was available. 

When we signed McAvoy I was questioning why we kept him as we had so much depth, but that comment didn’t go too well as he then went on to play for several weeks. He has filled in relatively well, but that should hopefully be the last we see of him for a bit.

Yeah - Dempsey was superb yesterday. It does just show you what a manager able to set up a team can do for certain players. 

How likely is it that we end up sending Stone and McAvoy back to their parent clubs in January and then have to go and sign a goalie, centre half and a striker in the same January window. It’s not beyond the realms of possibility but it’s a lot of work to have to do. 

11 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

How likely is it that we end up sending Stone and McAvoy back to their parent clubs in January and then have to go and sign a goalie, centre half and a striker in the same January window. It’s not beyond the realms of possibility but it’s a lot of work to have to do. 

I said it when we signed McAvoy, but he is obviously a starting quality centre half at this level and we already have three of those or four if you include Musonda.  We could potentially save the wages there, and look to push that towards a better keeper (if Stone continues on the bench) and striker. 

Obviously depending on how we are looking injury wise. Docherty did say on Open Goal that McMann is someone who is generally always consistently available. 

I think we are probably a goalkeeper upgrade, and an Oakley upgrade away from challenging for the league. When everyone is fit, that is. 

11 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

I can't imagine anyone at the club is aiming for a mid table season. Very much doubt the budget reflects that either. 

Realistically we've got this season and next to go up before having to do another reset

This

59 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I believe the work is already done . 

4 hours ago, Sortmeout said:

There’s a search function it’s pretty easy it takes about 3 seconds. Just click the wee icon at the top and type in “pyramid”.

Can you give me the answer please.

I would say that the gap that you should be most worried about is the one between your ears.

I believe McIntyre has had a bit of a strop about coming up and playing once then being dropped and it came to a bit of a head at training midweek.    Russell is first choice due to his passing stats - up around 90% apparently, Stone in the 70s but McIntyre only had 55% or something in his game. 

Not something I tend to notice personally - I'd have the guy in nets who looks most likely to save a shot and then work on the passing afterwards - a bit like the Craig Gordon v Angus Gunn debate for Scotland

Edited by Hursty

9 minutes ago, Hursty said:

I believe McIntyre has had a bit of a strop about coming up and playing once then being dropped and it came to a bit of a head at training midweek.    Russell is first choice due to his passing stats - up around 90% apparently, Stone in the 70s but McIntyre only had 55% or something in his game. 

Not something I tend to notice personally - I'd have the guy in nets who looks most likely to save a shot and then work on the passing afterwards - a bit like the Craig Gordon v Angus Gunn debate for Scotland

Cool, looked heavy shite. 

2 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

Folk criticising Mark McKenzie clearly didn’t see him channel his inner Ronaldinho and spin away from a couple of Livi players in the middle of the park yesterday. Dempsey was MOTM yesterday but McKenzie wasn’t far behind him. A really solid performance from him and Reading on that left hand side. 

A broken clock is right twice a day I suppose