The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Just seen a post on the SRE, after 7 games last year we had 16 points, 16 goals for and 9 against. This season we are 2 points ahead, more goals scored and less goals conceded. It’s a remarkable turnaround considering the players we’ve lost. The goals against is impressive especially considering I’ve seen our defence labelled as dodgy!

I’m happy Muirhead has proved me wrong. I wasn’t keen on him last season and Falkirk fans told us how awful he was when he signed so I expected the worst.

2 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I’m happy Muirhead has proved me wrong. I wasn’t keen on him last season and Falkirk fans told us how awful he was when he signed so I expected the worst.

Tbf, most of our signings have been shite according to fans of their old clubs, I only judge players in an Ayr jersey now.

18 minutes ago, ayrmad said:

Tbf, most of our signings have been shite according to fans of their old clubs, I only judge players in an Ayr jersey now.

Aye, and especially don't listen to Falkirk fans. They're bitter that their club got a snake instead of a football manager from Morton and then had to watch their team get relegated for being shite.

2 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

His contratct wll be up in January i'm just thinking, jeezo didn't realise he was only 29, clubs could be eyeing him up if we're not careful.

See Rangers and Celtic are already eyeing up Shankland, bet they wish they got him for free in the summer off of us. Also if we had a sell on fee for him we'd be laughing, as it was said though yesterday hindsight is a wonderful and nobody at the club including McCall probably expected him to leave for a team in the same league.

Thing I'm pleased about is we won't have to put up with all the shite over months of whether he's staying or he's going.

1 hour ago, rb123! said:

See Rangers and Celtic are already eyeing up Shankland, bet they wish they got him for free in the summer off of us. Also if we had a sell on fee for him we'd be laughing, as it was said though yesterday hindsight is a wonderful and nobody at the club including McCall probably expected him to leave for a team in the same league.

Thing I'm pleased about is we won't have to put up with all the shite over months of whether he's staying or he's going.

Paper talk a year ago that the OF were after him and look where he ended up. It was the shock of the century when he pitched up at Dundee U, still can’t quite believe it if I’m honest

37 minutes ago, AYRSHIRE_ANGUS said:

Premiership TV games (plus of course the Dundee derbies) announced today so I'd expect the BBC Scotland Friday live games this week too.

Dundee derby at Tannadice on the 27th December so not sure if our game away to Tannadice the week earlier will be on BBC or not, still think it's highly likely.

Was just having a look at the fixtures there to see what the TV might choose and see we're away to Morton on Tuesday 29th October, what's that about?

Away to Inverness and Dundee United in December on a Friday night would be peak banter for lack of care towards the fans.

Edited by rb123!

The old firm passed on Shankland 10 weeks ago for free when he had a reputation of being a free-scoring championship player. They didn't see enough in him to have a punt on him for nothing so I don't know why they would pay money for him now when he is doing the exact same thing at the exact same level. 

22 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

Not sure mate. 

Just the1 goal and assist for Moore after 20 mins...

Sounds very encouraging. Who we playing?

19 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

Bell likely back on Saturday , McGuffie and Ross after international break and Adams looking a little longer 

That is good news, particularly Bell. Its been giving me the fear not having a centre back on the bench.