The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

5 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:

Shankland leaving could be the best think that could have happened to Moore if he's fully fit and confident he's a 15 goal striker in the championship.

Hopefully that’s correct , IMO he could not play with Shankland or our set up then , hope he is successful 

Mark McKenzie is another one we should be keeping an eye on , strong big player scoring for fun in reserves , another hat trick tonight , he has a big future ahead , good close control , gets into good positions , plenty of effort and very powerful 

Hopefully that’s correct , IMO he could not play with Shankland or our set up then , hope he is successful 
People forget Moore and Moff were on fire before Moore unfortunately got injured band Shankland cane in and never stoped scoring and even then Moore got a power of goals from the bench last season, I hope he can home back and be remembered for the goals he scores going forward not the miss v Talbot

People forget Moore and Moff were on fire before Moore unfortunately got injured band Shankland cane in and never stoped scoring and even then Moore got a power of goals from the bench last season, I hope he can home back and be remembered for the goals he scores going forward not the miss v Talbot
He just never looked the all round striker that shankland was imo. Yes he can stick away a chance and can hassle defences but I'm not sure about his hold up play and his pace was never great.

I really hope I'm wrong but I don't think he'll add anything special to our team. He looks the type of striker that would pair up well with a big man but it just didn't work with shankland.

Like I say, hope I'm proved wrong. He certainly deserves a good run of injury-free playing time.

53 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:

I hope he can home back and be remembered for the goals he scores going forward not the miss v Talbot

Surely best known for the combination of his penalty miss at Alloa followed by the goal that won the title a week later?

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/lawrence-shankland-very-close-rangers-20382356

So the old firm rumours in January weren't a load of bollocks, nearly got signed by Rangers on a pre-contract, we also knocked back a huge offer on January 1st from a championship club, presume either Ross County or Dundee United.

I know he's left but still interesting to find this out.

12 minutes ago, rb123! said:

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/lawrence-shankland-very-close-rangers-20382356

So the old firm rumours in January weren't a load of bollocks, nearly got signed by Rangers on a pre-contract, we also knocked back a huge offer on January 1st from a championship club, presume either Ross County or Dundee United.

It was mentioned at the time that it was Thistle we turned the bid down from. 

Edited by ayrunitedfw

McCall been on sportsound having a go at the board apparently and also suggesting he's coming back for our players in January. As much as that would be a kick in the nuts we'd only have ourselves to blame for not trying to tie down the likes of Forrest, McCowan and Harvie on contract extensions. It's bleeding obvious to everyone at the moment that these players are on fire and clubs will be circling like sharks.
Would at least hope the club are attempt to offer contract extensions even if they don't accept them.

McCall been on sportsound having a go at the board apparently and also suggesting he's coming back for our players in January. As much as that would be a kick in the nuts we'd only have ourselves to blame for not trying to tie down the likes of Forrest, McCowan and Harvie on contract extensions. It's bleeding obvious to everyone at the moment that these players are on fire and clubs will be circling like sharks.
Would at least hope the club are attempt to offer contract extensions even if they don't accept them.

I’m fairly certain that if Harvie and Forrest want to stay then they’ll be given extensions. McCowan is already here for next season.

If they’re out of contract then they have the power. That’s the situation for all lower league clubs barring 2 or 3.

However if the rumours are true then Forrest won’t be linking up with McCall anytime soon.

7 minutes ago, rb123! said:

The comment about raiding us in January sounded more like tongue in cheek and typical banter between him and Sandy. His dig at the board did sound genuine though. 

Sandy was keeping his cards close to his chest but I got the feeling he'd take the job if offered. 

14 minutes ago, rb123! said:

What was said.

What was said.

Nothing much really. He said he’s recommended to the board that SS be given the job but “they haven’t listened to me for the last 2 or 3 years so we’ll wait and see.” Or words to that effect.

I don’t really know why he had to get that dig in tbh. In those 3 years they’ve backed him with FT football when most clubs would’ve sacked him in that situation. Seemed a needless comment to make.

He also said one of his main reasons for leaving was that he wasn’t willing to rebuild another team over the summer which I can understand tbh but he’ll probably have to do similar at Partick if he wants them to go up.

It sounds like SS will take the job if he’s offered it and has the full backing of the players in that situation. I don’t know if I misheard him or not but I think he said Cameron asked him to apply so I’d make him the firm favourite atm.

2 hours ago, rb123! said:

Article on Shankland on the BBC website says that Dundee Utd put the bid in for Shankland in January.