The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 minute ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Lachlan has put around a million quid into the club. Think  that entitles him to an opinion as much as the supporters.

How much abuse can you expect a person to take before he dishes it back,  Chairman or  not.

Agree, however this gives the press ample ammunition if they get to see this, a owner of a club abusing fans, that would go down a treat in the papers, not what a club like us needs... 

Agree, however this gives the press ample ammunition if they get to see this, a owner of a club abusing fans, that would go down a treat in the papers, not what a club like us needs... 

I’d be more worried if the press saw the page and realised how fucking thick some of our supporters are.

3 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Exactly this.

He should realise he is never going to be able to reason with the weapons anyway. Just leave them in their sandbox on the SRE.

You could see a tabloid spinning that pretty easily into a story. 

Edited by Trogdor

1 hour ago, Trogdor said:

Ego... he is like a mini Trump. He has a penchant for retweeting the orange baboon as well! 😔

More like  pride is it not, seeing the same folk accuse you over and over of not having the best interests of the club at heart, and implying one way or the other of rinsing the club  of cash.

Edited by UpInTheAyr

One final point from me, its also classic divide and conquer which he has also been pretty good at since he has been Chairman. Granted our support is quite disparate anyway so we don't speak with one voice.

Is there a support in Scottish football that speaks with one voice?

25 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Is there a support in Scottish football that speaks with one voice?

Fair challenge. I'll hedge and say probably not.

I guess it'll be extremes - there are some with competing trusts and associations of supporters. Some that are fan owned where I guess they speak with close to one voice?

Then clubs like us where our support is too apathetic or busy fighting ourselves to organise anything. 

27 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

He probably shouldn't respond but Jeezo, how the f**k do you hold your tongue when folk are spouting such clueless pish.

I think he could simply avoid commenting completely. It's cringeworthy to see the chairman of the club you support hurling personal insults at supporters.

8 hours ago, pandarilla said:

He probably shouldn't respond but Jeezo, how the f**k do you hold your tongue when folk are spouting such clueless pish.

Surely that comes with the territory though. Whilst some will spout clueless abuse others will  spout clueless praise. As mentioned before it’s probably best not to engage on open forums with abusive fans.  If that’s the level of professionalism shown by the chairman of a senior football club then what should we really expect of the ‘vocal’ fans 

19 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

In that one screenshot maybe. But the other guy has a history of slating Cameron and talking absolute shite.

Yeah, that context is lost. From the outside, it looks like a fan makes a 'reasonable' point and gets abused by the Chairman. As I said another PR disaster.

Whoever the adult on the board is (Mark Pettigrew?) do us all a favour and stop Lachlan shooting from the hip on social media.

It is embarassing in the extreme, only slightly less so than the behaviour of roasters in our support on the SRE.

Most clubs have these type of eejit supporters but for the chairman to be on Facebook calling them a "dick" seems wildly OTT and unprofessional.

I tend to agree and it usually starts when he does live Q&As and calls people out on nonsense albeit that’s the first time he’s ever used bad language.

IMO he shouldn’t go on that page but as he says elsewhere he would be accused of not engaging with supporters and doing so is tricky when he lives in America.

4 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

IMO he shouldn’t go on that page but as he says elsewhere he would be accused of not engaging with supporters and doing so is tricky when he lives in America.

Its not tricky at all, he could do a Q&A with the Aumedia guys with fans submitting questions. The difference being he would have to cede control. 

Can I add again that the length of the queue for tickets at 2:50/3:00 was fucking awful.

I thought we would have this down to a fine art but that's just really shite for folk.

Yes plenty of folk get their ticket in advance but plenty of folk do not and we're making it really, really difficult for those fans. I expected to see someone in charge directing things but the two stewards were completely useless.

Why is the queue not being broken up and split to make it quicker? What's the deal with the portable sales points?