The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

The home attendance yesterday was really disappointing if the reported figure is correct... I guess with the ticketing issue, the count could be wrong?
However, given we were 2nd with a chance of going top anything under 2,000 is disappointing imo.
No way only 2000 yesterday, I had 4 tickets on my phone the wee lassie didn't even look at it and waved us through.

51 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:
55 minutes ago, Trogdor said:
The home attendance yesterday was really disappointing if the reported figure is correct... I guess with the ticketing issue, the count could be wrong?
However, given we were 2nd with a chance of going top anything under 2,000 is disappointing imo.

No way only 2000 yesterday, I had 4 tickets on my phone the wee lassie didn't even look at it and waved us through.

That’s shocking.

It also seems both Ayrshire clubs haven’t been blessed with the best new ticketing systems. Coincidence or are they both supplied by the same people? 

Edited by Thereisalight..

Aye but that's not to say she wasn't counting the folk going through.

The crowd number was exactly as expected. Disappointing.

3 hours ago, Trogdor said:

Anyone defending Cameron's diatribe is wrongly focussing on the weapon that he was arguing with.

However, as has been said when you represent the club you cant go on like that. If a player did they would be fined. If it's not acceptable conduct for the players its not acceptable for the Chairman.

If you're reading Lachlan, stay off social media. 

Not sure he said anything that out of line, unless something was deleted that I haven’t seen.  If people are going to post drivel aimed at the board, don’t get precious if someone from the board points it out to you.  I remember the q and a back in the summer when some loony accused Cameron of stealing money from the club.  

Just now, D'Jaffo said:

Would it be better if Cameron instead posted on here?

No, he should steer clear.  He used to be on the honestpage as well back in the day and had a penchant for puting his foot in mouth then too.

In my view he should do a biennual Q&A, one in person and one remote but facilitated by AUMedia to clear out the questions from the loons. That is advertised in advance to give supporters an opportunity to attend and engage. It could also be filmed so those who cant attend could see the answers first hand.

I also think it would bring infinitely more benefit than these facebook Q&As or his ill fated season ending blogs he used to do.

55 minutes ago, HMIP said:

Not sure he said anything that out of line, unless something was deleted that I haven’t seen.  If people are going to post drivel aimed at the board, don’t get precious if someone from the board points it out to you.  I remember the q and a back in the summer when some loony accused Cameron of stealing money from the club.  

I think calling a supporter an idiot, dick and twit when the post you're replying to doesn't have them doing that is disproportionate and unprofessional.

I really don't see a defence to it, it was ill judged and I'd imagine Lachlan will be thinking the same today. 

6 minutes ago, wuffster said:

Yes. Is it not?

I guess it depends on your definition. For me, message boards have been around longer than the term. I wouldn't class P&B in the same bucket as Facebook and Twitter. The difference between my postings here and Lachlan are multiple but the key is I am not representing the club in an official capacity.

Moreover, I don't think I've ever referred to another poster as an idiot, dick and twit in one post. Thats pretty special, but something to aim for.

Spoiler

I brace myself for someone inevitably trawling through my posts and disproving the above.

Back to yesterdays attendance. It was 1912 with 1764 Ayr fans & 148 ICT fans.

Going from Robbo's message that is all tickets actually sold so that should be the top end (ie. Some season ticket holders may not have made it but were counted).

Thats extremely disappointing. How can we can only muster 1764 home fans when we could go top of the Championship? Thats less than the Dundee United game.

Edited by Trogdor

See someone has brought up the state of the new PA system on the sre. I'm not sure I've heard it working properly since it's been installed, it either cuts out every few seconds,  is so  low in volume you can't hear anything, or doesn't work at all.

15 hours ago, Trogdor said:

I think calling a supporter an idiot, dick and twit when the post you're replying to doesn't have them doing that is disproportionate and unprofessional.

I really don't see a defence to it, it was ill judged and I'd imagine Lachlan will be thinking the same today. 

I guess it depends on your definition. For me, message boards have been around longer than the term. I wouldn't class P&B in the same bucket as Facebook and Twitter. The difference between my postings here and Lachlan are multiple but the key is I am not representing the club in an official capacity.

Moreover, I don't think I've ever referred to another poster as an idiot, dick and twit in one post. Thats pretty special, but something to aim for.

Reveal hidden contents

I brace myself for someone inevitably trawling through my posts and disproving the above.

Can't say it bothers me what he posts, I'm sure said fan will recover from being called some names, it's pretty painless.

PETITION HERE

The Council are trying to get the pitches at the Old Racecourse turned into a couple of golf holes because of a golf academy being developed at Belleisle. Because it falls under Common Good Land it's to be decided by a Sheriff if this can go ahead, so this petition is going around to object to it.