The 2018/2019 New Kit Thread

• Replies 938
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, PauloPerth said:

Latest word on the new Saints kit is we are going for a trailblazing top technology wise. Seemingly it's been used in Australian rugby, but we'll be one of the first football clubs to try it.

The shirt is a one piece reversible home/away number. But not reversible as in turn it inside out, the back of the shirt is a different design and colour to the front so it can be worn facing either way, depending on opposition colours.

Blue front, yellow back panel.

I also hear either side will have a different sponsor.

This is clearly a wind up. It is, right? I mean it has to be.

How can an away top that is meant to be used to avoid kit clashes be the reverse side of a kit that clashes, how is that ever workable?

2 hours ago, PauloPerth said:

Latest word on the new Saints kit is we are going for a trailblazing top technology wise. Seemingly it's been used in Australian rugby, but we'll be one of the first football clubs to try it.

The shirt is a one piece reversible home/away number. But not reversible as in turn it inside out, the back of the shirt is a different design and colour to the front so it can be worn facing either way, depending on opposition colours.

image.png.01249249e0943bd5ff5ab57c84f2d9e9.png

Spoiler

Sounds like a wind-up, though.

48 minutes ago, welldaft said:

Well that does sound interesting to say the least.  So effectively one top for home and away ?  I assume they will not charge x 2 as I also assume such a top would impact earnings as home and away tops would sell more than one top ?

The figures show we don't sell many away tops as it is, so the intention is that we will sell more of the new 2in1 top as it will be a completely new concept, at a slightly increased price.

BLK and Saints hope to corner the neutral fan who will possibly see it as a collectors item. Either it will be the first of a new generation of this style, or it will be a disaster and consigned to the never again box!  Time will tell.

Something different I suppose, but I'm not at all sure about the suggested marketing slogan for it..

Perth St Johnstone

ONEcityONEclubONEshirt

The delay has been over wranglings with the SPFL over the numbering, as obviously the  interchangeable front and back will have to display player's numbers, and Saints were going for a smaller number on each side, which the SPFL weren't happy about, and a compromise has had to be made over the size.
I understand we will have completely different H/ A shorts and socks though.

IMG_0247.jpg

Nah, this has to be a wind up, it'll be standard blue and all the Saintees will be "I got you!".

On a side note, who was that player who was with Ross County that was shown wearing his jacket back to front. It was some time ago, in a chippy if memory serves.

I know it is bollox. It was a perfectly executed double bluff....

Still Saints fans would be the only team that could afford £75 for one top. All those farming subsidies 

now where in the name of the wee man are our tops ? 

Just now, welldaft said:

I know it is bollox. It was a perfectly executed double bluff....

Still Saints fans would be the only team that could afford £75 for one top. All those farming subsidies 

I believe the term du jour is "brexit dividend", they love that phrase in the leafy suburbs of Englandshire.

1 minute ago, Buddist Monk said:

I believe the term du jour is "brexit dividend", they love that phrase in the leafy suburbs of Englandshire.

Perthshire was still in Scotland the last time I looked.

5 minutes ago, Buddist Monk said:

Not sure I've seen many farms in the suburbs before.

6 minutes ago, 7-2 said:

Perthshire was still in Scotland the last time I looked.

3 minutes ago, Kyle said:

Not sure I've seen many farms in the suburbs before.

Not the point I was making, and obviously Perthshire isn't in Englandshire, it was in reference to the "farming subsidy" comment.

As we're leaving the EU, it's not considered a "subsidy" now, instead it's a "brexit dividend".

23 minutes ago, thisGRAEME said:

The Saints VLs trying to gain relevance 

Oh excellent. We're playing P&B cliche bingo to pass the time. I'll go with...yer maw.

Archived