Dundee vs. Patrick Thistle - 12/5/18

Just now, Unconscious Objector said:

That extent to which our play deteriorated when McGowan went off was concerning. Either he is a much more influential player than I give him credit for or the rest of the team are more shit scared of a bollocking off him rather than the manager. Anyway enjoying a cigar to celebrate events of the last 24 hours

He's the drive in our team. 

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, SweeperDee said:

He's the drive in our team. 

Massively underrated how much he gives us - any time he's out we seem to fall apart...

Definitely one of my top Dees in a while

Edit to add, congrats on avoiding the drop Jags just sorry we couldn't have helped swap you places with the Accies

2 hours ago, SweeperDee said:

Wolters has McGinn on toast. 

Don't know if this is a wind up but I'll bite Wolters is absolutely pish like playing with 10 men and El Bak is just as bad.For a profession football player to bleat and beg for another chance then put in a performance like that.The quicker rid the better.

1 hour ago, Fistle said:

Thanks Dees. That's one we owe you. 

Return the favour by getting Livi pumped. 

Thank you. 

1 hour ago, Virtual Insanity said:

PS Get your DeeTV shite sorted out. 

I got in touch with them regarding the difference in quality in comparison to Thistle's coverage after watching the last game at Firhill on Jagszone TV or whatever it's called and was told it's getting overhauled in the summer. 

Well despite the result, that was a hellish 90 minutes of stomach churning, so God knows what next week will be like.  Barton and Lawless were outstanding and the defence held firm. No more words can be said about Sir Kris. Well played to the Dundee guys on here....top cnuts!! We live to fight till next Sunday and I didnt see that coming an hour into the game!

Definite signs of being on the beach from us, but I didn't think we played that badly. 
The people in the Bobby Cox who booed at the end need to have a word with themselves.
Well done Thistle. Dispense with Livi now please. 

missed the game today. some really booed? what a joke x

Not the best performance against a makeshift Dundee team. Dools the difference.

Please no more right sided players at left back. No more Storey who has been poor as it is, played out of position on the wing. 

I think we'll get through the play-off but I don't envisage us coasting it.  We needed a positive result today as well for the sake of the team's confidence. 

I was convinced this was our big relegation day. It had all the ingredients, right down to the cringeworthy infighting in the away support.

Of all the players to show some balls and put in a much improved performance, I didn't expect it from Barton and Lawless. The former looked more like the classy, composed passer of last season and competed well in the air, even showing some intent to get forward and support attacks.

The latter was like the Lawless of the old First Division days, and it was refreshing to see us using him to cut inside and mix it up now and again from the dismal wide crosses we've been used to seeing. With a non-useless right back like O'Donnell or 2015 Dumbuya supporting him we could have had serious joy down the right side. 

Kris Doolan is the full cock and bollocks.

Still some real causes for concern going into the play offs, with us looking particularly piss weak at full back and, as ever, in central midfield. The next two games won't be pretty but we should have enough experience and quality to compete well and hopefully come through over two legs against Championship opposition.

If I were a Thistle fan I'd be shitting myself at the thought of the playoffs - that was in no way our best team and some of our players were clearly on the beach - yet Thistle struggled.

They'll need to show far more fight than they did for most of the game today.

On 09/05/2018 at 10:05, forameus said:

Motherwell didn't seem to give much of a f**k either, they still beat us though.

Disagree entirely.     In the second half especially they played nasty and very professionally.   In hindsight if St Johnstone hadn't pumped the 5=1 then we'd have seen a very different Motherwell and would probably have taken something from the game

Archived