Forfar Athletic News 2018 onwards

1 hour ago, Clyde_MM said:

Forfar are absolutely fine. It's between Bonnyrigg, us and Stranraer.

You'd be extra absolutely fine if you beat Stranraer though. Pretty please.

You want Sir Raymond of McKinnon to try to win a game of association football? nae chance.

12 hours ago, farfirloon said:

Yeah he done well in there mate, better than Morrison has done all season. Just quite baffled by some of the choices of Mckinnon. Signed Tyler and Rusty to now sit on the bench, which I am happy about because both are garbage but I thought he made they signings because he thought he was making the squad better? 

I have heard through the grapevine that he is going at the end of the season though, seemingly had an offer of full time somewhere. Also Munro is off as well

Only daftie who would want him is Ferguson, and if he gets ICT relegated, I doubt he'll be in a job.

I also missed that Bollan is Duncs assistant, so that nixs that theory.

Edited by RateofKnots

12 hours ago, May Rckinnon said:

You're at it surely?

Morrison is never in a million years a CM imo. Yes he has scored 7 or so goals but they have mainly come from corners. 

Roberto actually tried to play football in the middle, not just lump it forward or just kick people like Morrison does. 

Can't believer people see him as a CM tbh bud 

47 minutes ago, RateofKnots said:

Only daftie who would want him is Ferguson, and if he gets ICT relegated, I doubt he'll be in a job.

I also missed that Bollan is Duncs assistant, so that nixs that theory.

Yeah I'm scratching my head at who would want him too, just saying what I've heard

2 hours ago, farfirloon said:

Morrison is never in a million years a CM imo. Yes he has scored 7 or so goals but they have mainly come from corners. 

Roberto actually tried to play football in the middle, not just lump it forward or just kick people like Morrison does. 

Can't believer people see him as a CM tbh bud 

He's been played as a holding midfielder & quite frankly he's been our best player this season. 

The genuine CM in the side is Finn Robson & he's chronic.

I was checking remaing fixtures yesterday, and I am honestly getting more worried by the minute.

If we get beat on Saturday and again against EF (which I think we will) and Stranraer manage to sneak a win against Spartans or Dumbarton, I just really worry about us going into that game against Stranraer with any kind of pressure on us, our players just don't seem to have a single bit of fight in them. And the way we will set up will just invite pressure onto us.

Then going onto the last game of the season, we have to go to Bonnyrigg who will no doubt still be fighting it out with us, and Stranraer are at home to Stenny, who will no doubt be in full holiday mode by this time and not giving a flying f**k!

Anyone who thinks we are safe, needs to get their head out of the sand. I admit I am a bot of a worrier and may well be overthinking, but it certainly isn't ridicilous.

And we think we have watched some dire negative football up to now, I can only imagine what we are about to be served up in these last 4 matches, get ready foe a McKinnon masterclass in how to kill all enjoyment in a game of football.

18 minutes ago, ForfarLoon84 said:

Also worth noting, Bonnyrigg, Clyde and Stranraer all have to play Stenny in the remaining fixtures.

Really hope they haven't downed tools after sealing the title.

They hadn't downed tools when Clyde gave them 6 so I agree with you that we are very much in a fight.

We struggle to score every week, finding it hard to see where the goals are coming from. Don't see us getting anything from the next two matches meaning the last two are vital that we get something from them

16 minutes ago, farfirloon said:

We struggle to score every week, finding it hard to see where the goals are coming from. 

My thoughts exactly, and we have probably been very lucky throughout the season that defenders have managed to chip in with goals from set-pieces etc. Can that luck continue into our last 4 games?

Or, will Skelly suddenly turn into the goal scoring machine we were promised at the start of the season and add to his impressive league tally of 3 goals.

An embarrising total for a CF who has played as many games as he has this season, and he's not totally to blame, I've said it all season the creativity from midfield is non-existent.

1 hour ago, ForfarLoon84 said:

My thoughts exactly, and we have probably been very lucky throughout the season that defenders have managed to chip in with goals from set-pieces etc. Can that luck continue into our last 4 games?

Or, will Skelly suddenly turn into the goal scoring machine we were promised at the start of the season and add to his impressive league tally of 3 goals.

An embarrising total for a CF who has played as many games as he has this season, and he's not totally to blame, I've said it all season the creativity from midfield is non-existent.

The number of times he was off side on Saturday was embarrassing. He is just not at League Two level.

3 minutes ago, nofixedability said:

The number of times he was off side on Saturday was embarrassing. He is just not at League Two level.

You're right it was. I've said it for weeks if not months, he's not fit enough for this level, and him trying to steal a yard on the defender shows he knows himself he's not sharp enough to stay onside.

We can always play 'Big Rusty' the other goal machine that Mckinnon signed to save our season. 🤔

Anyone who believed Skelly was going to score plenty of goals (there were a few btw) when he signed needs sectioned. 

Cannot fault Josh's efforts, but he's just not a league player, nothing wrong with that. Absolutely everything wrong with McKinnon bringing him in as the #9.

Let’s be honest the teams just not good enough. That’s the bottom line, McKinnon tried to ‘ local lads ‘ approach & it’s backfired dramatically.

we have just three players signed up for next season in Marc McCallum, Matty Allan & Russell McLean. 
The only other players I would want us to keep would be

Adam Hutchinson(been very solid all season)

Mark Whatley(how Robson gets a game ahead of him every week is mystifying)

Craig Thomson(although recent performances haven’t been great, he’s clearly lacking confidence)

Stuart Morrison(arguably been our best player this season)

Andy Munro( keep him as back up, he has been pretty solid this season)

Daniel Scally (deserves a chance to gain full fitness and get a decent run in the side, if we can get a manager that’s willing to attack)

The rest can go. 

9 hours ago, May Rckinnon said:

Anyone who believed Skelly was going to score plenty of goals (there were a few btw) when he signed needs sectioned. 

Cannot fault Josh's efforts, but he's just not a league player, nothing wrong with that. Absolutely everything wrong with McKinnon bringing him in as the #9.

Imagine the stick Aitken would be getting if that was him every week…

look at what he’s went on to achieve..  the amount of stick Aitken got was absolutely mental.