Forfar Athletic News 2018 onwards

Don’t know what possessed me, I promised I was not going to another away game this season, but somehow managed to be persuaded by my mate, to go today. (Probably the decent pubs that swayed me) 

But that’s me done now, not even going back to SP the rest of the season. That is absolutely awful. 
Well done McKinnon, you win, you’ve killed football for me. 

5 minutes ago, ForfarLoon84 said:

He does mate, but I could “try”

He’s no where near good enough, been saying it for weeks. And not fit enough in my opinion either.

Totally agree with everything your saying, his shot over the bar was woeful today. 

We are a team with absolutely nothing to offer going forward. Hutchy has been our best player this season in my opinion, but today he had a few dodgy moments. 

We are a team with absolutely no plan ever and look totally clueless. It's becoming very painful to watch

6 minutes ago, farfirloon said:

Totally agree with everything your saying, his shot over the bar was woeful today. 

We are a team with absolutely nothing to offer going forward. Hutchy has been our best player this season in my opinion, but today he had a few dodgy moments. 

We are a team with absolutely no plan ever and look totally clueless. It's becoming very painful to watch

I agree mate.

Thats me honestly done now, no more this season, it’s not enjoyable in the slightest.

Ive went from not missing a game home or away including Elgin away midweek twice, to not even wanting to go to SP now. 

4 minutes ago, ForfarLoon84 said:

I agree mate.

Thats me honestly done now, no more this season, it’s not enjoyable in the slightest.

Ive went from not missing a game home or away including Elgin away midweek twice, to not even wanting to go to SP now. 

That is ashame thats how you feel bud, I totally understand though as I would have stopped going ages ago if it wasn't for the kids wanting to go🤣

I'll not be renewing next year though if McKinnon is there. I'll see the season out and take it from there, gonna be a tough few weeks though

9 minutes ago, farfirloon said:

That is ashame thats how you feel bud, I totally understand though as I would have stopped going ages ago if it wasn't for the kids wanting to go🤣

I'll not be renewing next year though if McKinnon is there. I'll see the season out and take it from there, gonna be a tough few weeks though

I would say enjoy the last few weeks, but I know that’s impossible. 🫣

I've tried standing or sitting in different areas of Station Park and also tried watching away games from different viewing points and have just realized that I've been basically watching the same game all season. I wonder if changes could be seen from the top of the Mert roof ?

8 minutes ago, terracingtam said:

I've tried standing or sitting in different areas of Station Park and also tried watching away games from different viewing points and have just realized that I've been basically watching the same game all season. I wonder if changes could be seen from the top of the Mert roof ?

Go on top of the roof and face the other way, that might be more enjoyable?

1 hour ago, May Rckinnon said:

Here's a tough one, who's more of a dumpling?

McKinnon for being McKinnon

Or

Us, the supporters, for continuing to watch this pish.

Even if you change the wording after an hour, the final result will probably still be a draw.

That first half against Peterhead has genuinely been the only real enjoyable time watching us in the league this season where we actually looked to have some freedom.

Edited by ScottishLoon

19 minutes ago, ScottishLoon said:

That first half against Peterhead has genuinely been the only real enjoyable time watching us in the league this season where we actually looked to have some freedom.

Yes for the league, although I did enjoy the League Cup group stage as well (funnily the time when Ray hoped to join big Dunc at FGR, coincidence?). Whether people count those performances as valid or not, it was still enjoyable.

28 minutes ago, ScottishLoon said:

That and the second half against Elgin at home. Both involved a McLean double and most of the play going through Mykyta. Now for some bizarre reason, McLean, the only attacking player who scores is now getting bits and pieces and Tyler is out the picture. 

14 minutes ago, Jupiter Jazz said:

That and the second half against Elgin at home. Both involved a McLean double and most of the play going through Mykyta. Now for some bizarre reason, McLean, the only attacking player who scores is now getting bits and pieces and Tyler is out the picture. 

Ever since you claimed McLean was entertaining he's turned into a potato again. 

On 07/03/2024 at 12:39, speedframe said:

Wherever we end up it is almost impossible to think we can go into next season and play the type of football we've had to endure so far this season.

It seems the only way to avoid this is a managerial change.

Seems appropriate to re-post this.

I had fairly high hopes for Mr McKinnon and was happy with his appointment, I suspect I am not alone in being disappointed on how things have turned out.