Kieran Tierney

• 2 weeks later...
43 minutes ago, Scosha said:

Tierney linked with a return to Arsenal now that Zinchenko is injured. 

Would prefer it if Tierney remained over in Spain, Tierney clearly a better defender than Zinchenko but Arteta prefers the more attacking Ukrainian that plays a reverse pivot role or what ever you call it…… 

K.Tierney & Real Sociedad may not have a say if he has to return back to Arsenal

46 minutes ago, Scosha said:

Tierney linked with a return to Arsenal now that Zinchenko is injured. 

I hope not, he seems to be doing well over in Spain and Arteta is a c**t, he’ll probably leave him on the bench as soon as Zinchenko & Tomiyasu get fit again.

just switched on Real Sociedad v Alaves (Viaplay 6.15pm kick off)  Tierney playing - took a really sore one - dead leg in first 15 seconds....playing on and seems fine but he seems to attract such reckless challenges for no apparent reason

23 minutes ago, Caledonian1 said:

just switched on Real Sociedad v Alaves (Viaplay 6.15pm kick off)  Tierney playing - took a really sore one - dead leg in first 15 seconds....playing on and seems fine but he seems to attract such reckless challenges for no apparent reason

I am also watching, mainly to see how Tierney is doing.

21 hours ago, Jambomo said:

I hope not, he seems to be doing well over in Spain and Arteta is a c**t, he’ll probably leave him on the bench as soon as Zinchenko & Tomiyasu get fit again.

Did Arteta not play Ben White and even Xhaka before him at times last season?

Would be a terrible move for him as he would rarely play.

30 minutes ago, ahemps said:

Good from a Scotland perspective though 🥸

1 hour ago, Scosha said:

Good from a Scotland perspective though 🥸

I think his time needs managed as he seems to get a lot of injuries but does need some game time. He is probably a 30 game season player now but he's not old and gets paid a lot so doubt any team would limit him to that if he was available but he may only play that due to getting injuries anyway.

6 hours ago, ahemps said:

Yeah, I think so. I just doubt he has a choice does he? He is still an Arsenal player at the end of the day.

2 hours ago, SH Panda said:

Neither Xhaka nor White played any matches at lb last season.

Tomiyasu and Kiwior played there very occasionally but Tierney was the clear second choice behind Zinchenko and made 36 appearances in all comps for Arsenal last season.

See above

12 minutes ago, SH Panda said:

Not according to transfer market, what game is being refrred to?

Does it really matter Satoshi SH Panda? We're losing sight of the discussion. If Tierney gets recalled he'd be better seeing it as an opportunity rather than a setback.

On 02/01/2024 at 18:52, Scary Bear said:

Aye, he’ll get a good test now the keepers sent off.

On 02/01/2024 at 18:53, Caledonian1 said:

Oh wow....goalie completely misjudges flight of the ball and decides to put a hand to it....even though about 10 yards out of the box - straight red

They got a draw ! ?

2 hours ago, SH Panda said:

Not according to transfer market, what game is being refrred to?

No idea but I do remember at the end of last season Tierney was not playing when Zinchenko was injured and Arteta seemed to be avoiding playing him when it seemed he had no other option but somehow Tomayisu (RB) White(RB) and even Xhaka (CM) were being played at left back. I am sure this was my perception and the chat on here was similar at the time. I am not going through the Arsenal team sheets to from last year to prove it. It seemed clear that Arteta really didn't fancy him.

Back to the point that Tierney returning to Arsenal under Arteta is probably not great for him as he seems to really be a last resort for Arteta. He would avoid injury but not be match sharp for the Euros.

On 04/01/2024 at 07:12, SH Panda said:

Neither Xhaka nor White played any matches at lb last season.

Tomiyasu and Kiwior played there very occasionally but Tierney was the clear second choice behind Zinchenko and made 36 appearances in all comps for Arsenal last season.

Xhaka definitely did, I remember watching it. I don’t think he started the game there though, he went to lb during it - I can’t remember which game it was though. 

Arteta seemingly in the market for a new LB. Makes the whole Tierney situation even more bizarre. He was 5th choice LB at Arsenal and now they would rather sign a new LB while he is out on loan. Arteta just doesn't rate him at all despite giving him the hardest trainer award every season he was there.