Kieran Tierney

22 minutes ago, Thorongil said:

I hope he does leave Arsenal, they are shite and are going to be for a long time. The other big clubs have good left backs already so maybe he could be part of the Newcastle transformation project. 

if they stay up i think that would be a decent move, but it wouldn't be long term, if him and whoever else they brought in get them Top 8 or better they are getting replace at some point with real quality.

8 hours ago, Meldrew said:

That's a very tartan army opinion, Arsenal fans are pretty much 50/50 with him these days, i could see him elsewhere next season.

I had a look at some arsenal forums myself, 50/50 id say is inaccurate. The vast majority couldn't understand arteta and wanted Tierney back in.

5 minutes ago, Meldrew said:

if they stay up i think that would be a decent move, but it wouldn't be long term, if him and whoever else they brought in get them Top 8 or better they are getting replace at some point with real quality.

I was trying to have a normal conversation with you Meldrew but I think the others are right and all you want to do is troll about Scottish players. Oh well. 

2 minutes ago, BingMcCrosby said:

I had a look at some arsenal forums myself, 50/50 id say is inaccurate. The vast majority couldn't understand arteta and wanted Tierney back in.

Indeed, complete lies from Meldrew. Most Arsenal fans believe Tierney should be captain. The only frustration I have seen from the Arsenal support at times has been in regard to injuries. 

2 minutes ago, BingMcCrosby said:

i wouldn't say vast majority, you have a few detractors on Tierney's page, it evens itself out if you then look at the Tavares page too

2 minutes ago, Thorongil said:

Indeed, complete lies from Meldrew. Most Arsenal fans believe Tierney should be captain. The only frustration I have seen from the Arsenal support at times has been in regard to injuries. 

lies ? listen you still love your wee sellick hero, that's fine, i like the fella too, but don't post opinions from last year and trY and make out everything is rosy, there is a big split with Arsenal fans with who they prefer at LB

58 minutes ago, Meldrew said:

lies ? listen you still love your wee sellick hero, that's fine, i like the fella too, but don't post opinions from last year and trY and make out everything is rosy, there is a big split with Arsenal fans with who they prefer at LB

There is no big split. You are simply lying. 

Not that I’m seeking to talk down Tierney or agree with any of the rubbish @Meldrew spouts, but two of my contacts at a contractor I use for work are two brothers, pwoppa Landan lads and both massive Gooners fans.

Naturally, football/Arsenal/Tierney pretty much always feature in our conversations at some point and both guys are big fans of Tierney. Spoke to them just Wednesday there, and the key point was that they think Tierney’s class and their best LB, but Arsenal as a whole have been far better since Tavares came in at LB. 

Then they got beat 3-2 by Man Utd the next day.

Edited by 8MileBU

6 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

Not that I’m seeking to talk down Tierney or agree with any of the rubbish @Meldrew spouts, but two of my contacts at a contractor I use for work are two brothers, pwoppa Landan lads and both massive Gooners fans.

Naturally, football/Arsenal/Tierney pretty much always feature in our conversations at some point and both guys are big fans of Tierney. Spoke to them just Wednesday there, and the key point was that they think Tierney’s class and their best LB, but Arsenal as a whole have far better with Tavares at LB. 

Then they got beat 3-2 by Man Utd the next day.

why is what i ''spout'' rubbish ? i've never once talked down Tierney, i like the fella a lot, but there are more than a few gooners who don't rate him anywhere near as highly as they once did, McTominay is still shite though, hopefully he'll improve with better coaching from the German fella, but i think it's more likely he'll bring in a new midfielder{s}

Are the tartan army that delusional about the ability of its squad ? 

16 minutes ago, Meldrew said:

why is what i ''spout'' rubbish ? i've never once talked down Tierney, i like the fella a lot, but there are more than a few gooners who don't rate him anywhere near as highly as they once did, McTominay is still shite though, hopefully he'll improve with better coaching from the German fella, but i think it's more likely he'll bring in a new midfielder{s}

Are the tartan army that delusional about the ability of its squad ? 

👍

Arteta clearly believes Tierney and Tavares are of similar standard. I think he rates Tierney slightly higher but he was saying in a recent interview that certain players wouldn’t be dropped as he’s encouraging them to be brave and doesn’t want to ‘punish’ mistakes made trying to be creative/sticking to the philosophy. I think this was aimed towards Tavares. Imo I think Tierney will work his way back in as first choice around the Christmas period.

Might no go down too well on here tho because everyone has a very strong interest in Tierney whereas nobody could care less about Tavares I imagine.

It's an interesting point Meldrew. Lots of hardcore Tartan Army fans tend to follow lower league Scottish team such as Ayr United, Greenock Morton and other such pish so when they see Scotland player they may seem like Gods. So potentially their point of reference is quite low when compared to Man United and Arsenal fans who watch a better standard week in, week out.  

34 minutes ago, 2426255 said:

It's an interesting point Meldrew. Lots of hardcore Tartan Army fans tend to follow lower league Scottish team such as Ayr United, Greenock Morton and other such pish so when they see Scotland player they may seem like Gods. So potentially their point of reference is quite low when compared to Man United and Arsenal fans who watch a better standard week in, week out.  

Yes, because everyone who supports a football team watches only that team. Those who support the likes of Man Utd, are clearly immediately more knowledgeable about a football player. 

Thick as mince. 

7 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Yes, because everyone who supports a football team watches only that team. Those who support the likes of Man Utd, are clearly immediately more knowledgeable about a football player. 

Thick as mince. 

You love to take a big munch don't you? Just can't help yourself. 😁