Kieran Tierney

Just now, Donathan said:

Because Arsenal will start making up phantom injuries to get him out of the international games 

Don't worry about it mate, I dont think its the first time someone's been injured during an international game. It will be fine.

Just negative he looks likely to miss the upcoming games.

23 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Well the gunners collapsed 3-0 at palace in his absence

I didn’t realise he was quite so important

I watched the game and the boy that started in his place was woeful. He ended up getting hooked at half time and they moved Xhaka to left back. 

9 hours ago, John Lambies Doos said:
10 hours ago, Donathan said:
Because Arsenal will start making up phantom injuries to get him out of the international games 

He won't be playing for Arsenal for long

I've never really bought the Real Madrid rumours and a big injury certainly isn't gonna help his chances of getting a move.

He's not had the best season for Arsenal but I'd rather he got back to his best at his current club rather than going somewhere for big money, injured and low on confidence. Plus Tomiyasu returning should allow him to get back to a more familiar role. 

14 hours ago, BingMcCrosby said:

Don't worry about it mate, I dont think its the first time someone's been injured during an international game. It will be fine.

Just negative he looks likely to miss the upcoming games.

It is not good though. It is late into the season with Arsenal going for CL and Scotland in the playoffs. Did he need to play 180 minutes?

Player fatigue/timing management is needed and especially on players with poor injury records.

4 players played the full 180mins, McGinn, Hanley, Gordon and Tierney. 

Tierney had been injured and didn't play for Arsenal before the Moldova/Denmark games and we played him for 176 minutes that time. There is a bit of give and take with International football, if we use him when he's recovering or we send him back injured then it won't help with the club relationship and he may start getting pressured on his availability when international football comes round.

It is not good though. It is late into the season with Arsenal going for CL and Scotland in the playoffs. Did he need to play 180 minutes?
Player fatigue/timing management is needed and especially on players with poor injury records.
Tierney had been injured and didn't play for Arsenal before the Moldova/Denmark games and we played him for 176 minutes that time. There is a bit of give and take with International football, if we use him when he's recovering or we send him back injured then it won't help with the club relationship and he may start getting pressured on his availability when international football comes round.
Actually was surprised he started against Austria.

1 hour ago, ahemps said:

3 of them I would say are pretty much irreplaceable for us right now - Gordon, Tierney and McGinn. If any one of them drops out the side is far weaker.

I don’t think I’d have played McGinn and Tierney for the full 180 myself but it’s easy to see why it happened.

2 hours ago, ahemps said:

I agree mate, in hindsight perhaps he could have been rested a bit more considering they were just friendly games.

Wether it will affect club country relations im not sure, my guess is it wouldn't.

I’m sure they if Cooper or McKenna had been available then Tierney wouldn’t have played in Austria.

As it was, the only other options would have been to play Hendry or McTominay on the left (which, in itself would have meant McTominay playing twice) or giving Halkett his debut.

Trying to keep the run going, these options obviously didn’t appeal so Clarke gambled on playing Tierney twice. It’s backfired big time. 

I was surprised that McGinn started twice but as Aston Villa have nothing to play for and McGinn doesn’t have a history of injuries, not as big a gamble.

Again, no real option but to play Hanley twice due to Souttar, Cooper & McKenna’s absence otherwise it was a debut to Halkett.