Kieran Tierney

What is down to Zinchenko being injured? Him being in the team as much as he has recently. I thought that was perfectly clear.
Whats the minutes with regards to artetas first choice selections in the league? Not favourable.
When the league team is named Tierney is never in the starting 11, and that's even with what was viewed as his only competition being injured. In terms of the first team, hes well out the picture.
Theres no point in going round in circles with this, were both Scotland fans who want Tierney to do well.
You think its fantastic hes went from 1st choice to 3rd choice. I dont.

Given his injury record, I think it’s better from a Scotland point of view that he’s playing a reduced number of games instead of 90 minutes every week. He’s much less likely to miss games for us if he’s not pushing his body to the limit.

4 hours ago, lubo_blaha said:

Given his injury record, I think it’s better from a Scotland point of view that he’s playing a reduced number of games instead of 90 minutes every week. He’s much less likely to miss games for us if he’s not pushing his body to the limit.

Yes and no if he was rotaing with Zinchenko a wk by wk basis that would be great. But he's not. He's playing for the rotated side against generally weaker opposition.

We want him to be playing with the best, against the best so he is at his best when hes playing for us.

Edited by BingMcCrosby

19 hours ago, BingMcCrosby said:

What is down to Zinchenko being injured? Him being in the team as much as he has recently. I thought that was perfectly clear.

Whats the minutes with regards to artetas first choice selections in the league? Not favourable.

When the league team is named Tierney is never in the starting 11, and that's even with what was viewed as his only competition being injured. In terms of the first team, hes well out the picture.

Theres no point in going round in circles with this, were both Scotland fans who want Tierney to do well.

You think its fantastic hes went from 1st choice to 3rd choice. I dont.

I don't think there is any evidence he is getting in the team more recently because Zinchenko is injured, as pointed out he has featured in every single league game except one. He has started every Europa League game (including the last game when Zincehnko was on the bench). Which of these is not happening if Zinchenko is fit?

With regards to Artetas selection in the league, he has played Tierney in every league game except one. On league minutes he is about 60 less than Zinchenko and 70 less than Tomiyasu. Tomiyasu looks like the one who benefitted from Zinchenkos injury, he only managed 72 league minutes in total until GW10 (Tierney had 288 until GW 10) then had three 90 minutes in a row (Tierney has played a full league match twice).

I don't think it's fantastic he is third choice (you have just made that up!), and I think he deserves more minutes and apperances given what an excellent player he is.

We are not going round in circles either, you posted that he is well out of the first team picture and frozen out. This is absolutely, statistically, not accurate. He has played the 10th most minutes of any outfield player.

We don't know the full story, and maybe Arsenal are managing his injury problems, but what is without doubt is that Arteta trusts him and he is clearly turning up in training . Some players would let this affect them but Tierney clearly hasn't, and that's why Arteta is giving his minutes in every single premier league game.

You want to know an Arsenal fullback who has been frozen out and is well out the first team picture? Consider Cedric Soares, who was a regular in Portugals winning Euro 2016 squad and is in their preliminary world cup squad, he has managed a total of 29 minutes all season (all of them coming in the last week).

How you're describing Tierneys situation is not accurate, but it is accurate for Cedric.

1 hour ago, Satoshi said:

I don't think there is any evidence he is getting in the team more recently because Zinchenko is injured, as pointed out he has featured in every single league game except one. He has started every Europa League game (including the last game when Zincehnko was on the bench). Which of these is not happening if Zinchenko is fit?

With regards to Artetas selection in the league, he has played Tierney in every league game except one. On league minutes he is about 60 less than Zinchenko and 70 less than Tomiyasu. Tomiyasu looks like the one who benefitted from Zinchenkos injury, he only managed 72 league minutes in total until GW10 (Tierney had 288 until GW 10) then had three 90 minutes in a row (Tierney has played a full league match twice).

I don't think it's fantastic he is third choice (you have just made that up!), and I think he deserves more minutes and apperances given what an excellent player he is.

We are not going round in circles either, you posted that he is well out of the first team picture and frozen out. This is absolutely, statistically, not accurate. He has played the 10th most minutes of any outfield player.

We don't know the full story, and maybe Arsenal are managing his injury problems, but what is without doubt is that Arteta trusts him and he is clearly turning up in training . Some players would let this affect them but Tierney clearly hasn't, and that's why Arteta is giving his minutes in every single premier league game.

You want to know an Arsenal fullback who has been frozen out and is well out the first team picture? Consider Cedric Soares, who was a regular in Portugals winning Euro 2016 squad and is in their preliminary world cup squad, he has managed a total of 29 minutes all season (all of them coming in the last week).

How you're describing Tierneys situation is not accurate, but it is accurate for Cedric.

We are going round in circles, again lots of words to actually say very little. And say it again. Ill also just say the same again but more concisely.

The europa team is a rotated team. Hes not in the first choice 11.

When picking a first choice 11 for important league games he is 3rd choice.

Edited by BingMcCrosby

27 minutes ago, BingMcCrosby said:

We are going round in circles, again lots of words to actually say very little. And say it again. Ill also just say the same again but more concisely.

The europa team is a rotated team. Hes not in the first choice 11.

When picking a first choice 11 for important league games he is 3rd choice.

He's played in all leagues game except one (and when he missed out they had their only league defeat of the season).

Agreed that he isn't first choice, but he's had almost double the minutes of Zinchenko and more minutes than Tomiyasu (the two players supposedly ahead of him).

So you were wrong to see he was frozen out or well out of the first team picture. He isn't. That's all - we can move on.

Just now, Satoshi said:

He's played in all leagues game except one (and when he missed out they had their only league defeat of the season).

Agreed that he isn't first choice, but he's had almost double the minutes of Zinchenko and more minutes than Tomiyasu (the two players supposedly ahead of him).

So you were wrong to see he was frozen out or well out of the first team picture. He isn't. That's all - we can move on.

So your pretty confident he will start against Chelsea tomorrow?

Hes frozen out the first team so im confident he won't. Would you take a charity wager on it, £100 charity of your choice?

You've jumped onto one phrase to try and be right about something, as you have been wrong consistently so far.

First it was when you said he was out the team because salah cuts in. Proven wrong

Then hes not 3rd choice, you now agree he is.

So your desperate to be correct about the tiniest thing. Its sad.

Hes frozen, let it go

15 hours ago, BingMcCrosby said:

So your pretty confident he will start against Chelsea tomorrow?

Hes frozen out the first team so im confident he won't. Would you take a charity wager on it, £100 charity of your choice?

You've jumped onto one phrase to try and be right about something, as you have been wrong consistently so far.

First it was when you said he was out the team because salah cuts in. Proven wrong

Then hes not 3rd choice, you now agree he is.

So your desperate to be correct about the tiniest thing. Its sad.

Hes frozen, let it go

No, that's another thing you have just made up. There's a very good chance he will play, as he has in all league matches but 1, but he is unlikely to start given he played 90 mins in the Europa league on Thursday (and put in a MOTM performance).

How on earth could he be frozen out of the first team if he's made the 10th most appearances of any outfield player? More than the two players he is supposedly third choice behind? Do you know what frozen out means? I'm happy to make a charity bet he will make more appearances than Cedric Soares - a genuinely frozen out international full back.

I wasn't proven wrong about anything, I thought Tomiyasu played for tactical reasons, and then they didn't want to change a team that was doing well. Tierney has factually played more minutes than Tomiyasu and Zinchenko. But obviously I do not have unnique insight into Artetas decision minutes, I can only speculate. It's not as if I said a player who has the tenth most minutes of any outfield player has been frozen out and is well out the first team picture.

What's clearly happened is that you exaggerated how far out of the Arsenal team he is, and were proven wrong with factual information. It's no big deal, I don't think for a second you knew he had the 10th most minutes of any outfield player. If you did you absolutely would not have said he was frozen out and well out the first team picture. 

You didn't know, you got it wrong, and were corrected. No need to keep doubling down on it, just accept and move on. It's really not a big deal.

On 11/10/2022 at 08:30, BingMcCrosby said:

I dont think anyone has said he is 3rd choice have they? Perhaps I missed it.

I think the right footed point is a good shout, and probably has some merit.

Hopefully your right, but I view Tierney as probably our best player. Its ok him rotating to keep himself fit, but for us and for him he needs to be considered the first choice left back. Wether thats with arsenal or not.

Back when you were encouraging others not to exaggerate, and thinking there was merit in the idea Tomiyasu was starting because Arteta prefers inverted full backs.

Oh how things change. 

Dropped again for Zinchenko. It’s pretty clear that Arteta isn’t willing to start him in PL games, whether that’s really managing his game time or is freezing him out remains to be seen but I’d be pretty pissed off if I were Tierney, given he was MOTM on Thursday night

I don’t know what you do as a player when playing brilliantly doesn’t get you regular first team space.

1 hour ago, Jambomo said:

Dropped again for Zinchenko. It’s pretty clear that Arteta isn’t willing to start him in PL games, whether that’s really managing his game time or is freezing him out remains to be seen but I’d be pretty pissed off if I were Tierney, given he was MOTM on Thursday night

I don’t know what you do as a player when playing brilliantly doesn’t get you regular first team space.

Agree with this. It seems no matter what he does he won't get himself into a starting position in the league. As you say he puts in a mom a performance midweek, scoring the winning goal and a player who hasn't played for weeks gets a start. That must be fucking soul destroying. 

He needs to get the f**k out of that club asap. Far to good to be 2/3rd choice.

10 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

You can't really argue with Arteta's reasoning considering his team are top of the table.

I get that but it doesn't hide the fact the there doesn't appear to be much Tierney can do to get himself a start in the league. 

If Tierney was to leave Arsenal what's the thoughts on where he could end up.

Edited by dundeefc1783

55 minutes ago, dundeefc1783 said:

I get that but it doesn't hide the fact the there doesn't appear to be much Tierney can do to get himself a start in the league. 

Southampton. 

34 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

36 minutes ago, Gordopolis said:
54 minutes ago, dundeefc1783 said:

Burger King.

Bella Italia. He needs to go to one of the big five abroad leagues.