Rangers 2018/19 European Extravaganza!

KnightswoodBear

First time watching sevco this season,the boy in the middle ejerk looks a player,Goldsen strolling about the back like van djik also a player,liked the young Middleton when he came on very direct,morelos every time he got touched he went down like he was shot by a hawken's rifle,over all sevco deserved the win well done.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

An ok result. Not ideal by any means and definitely still leaves it in the balance. Russia is never easy to travel to and this team is in Central Asia.

Ejaria, Jack and Goldson were good. Arfield was quiet. 

Candieas especially poor as it is one of those kind of games he always struggles in due to lack of technical ability.

Big task next week to get through but certainly doable. Can't see Ufa scoring 3 so an away goal should do it. Will be interesting to see how they play as they were ultra-defensive tonight.

1 minute ago, Forest of Dean said:

Could have potentially had a penalty? Couldn't really see it but looked like a foul. Might have been just outside the box.

Was in the box,was a push in the back,seen some refs give them, to quick for the defender,knew he was beat pushed him over.

1 hour ago, Hammer Jag said:

The Union Bears’ attempt at God Save the Queen was undoubtedly the highlight of that game. 

:lol:

^ They made you a moron....

Anyhow another clean sevsheet and a slim lead, not too shabby. If we can score over there then I think we've got a fair chance of going through.

24 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Was in the box,was a push in the back,seen some refs give them, to quick for the defender,knew he was beat pushed him over.

Exactly how I saw it, Willy.  A stonewaller.  Still, we're Rangers.  We don't quibble over refereeing decisions.

A slender lead to take on such a long trip next week, but harsh to be critical of that performance tonight. Huge share of the ball, but just lacking that cutting edge to get passed an away side determined to set up camp on the edge of their own box. Arfield & Kent in particular just missing the final link to make our possession count. Looked tidy enough again across the back, (a huge improvement and confidence boost in comparison with last term) Goldson looking stronger with every start.
Frustrating night for Morelos but he’s got to learn to live with that sort of niggling attention, hopefully the addition of Big Kyle will give him a bit more space. Well deserved MotM for Ejaria tonight, thought he stood out for the full 90 minutes. Encouraging appearance for Middleton too when he came on.
If Stevie G sets us up in a similar shape next week, there’s every chance we can grind out the result required.
No further injury worries collected tonight, let’s hope that for the same coming away from Fir Park on Sunday!
Mon Rangers.

16 minutes ago, RedRob72 said:

Well deserved MotM for Ejaria tonight, thought he stood out for the full 90 minutes. 

I'm sure Ejaria reads P&B so I have to apologise to him.  I'd written him off as an effete make-weight - and he proved me wrong.  Best game in a Rangers jersey and a deserved MotM.

An away goal next Thursday and we're on easy street ;)

Agree with most things u say rob except i thought arfields link up play first 60 mins was brilliant.faded after that but midfield 3 were outstanding for me.

For definite Davie, don’t get me wrong, thought Kent and Arfield both played well, we just didn’t quite create enough clear cut chances (from the ball we enjoyed in the middle) to carve out a comfortable lead going into the 2nd Leg.

Decent result for Rangers last night. Didn't think it was a position that particularly needed upgrading, but McGregor in goals is looking like your best piece of business this summer. Has made big saves in every game I have seen, Aberdeen excepted.

2 minutes ago, Ross. said:

Decent result for Rangers last night. Didn't think it was a position that particularly needed upgrading, but McGregor in goals is looking like your best piece of business this summer. Has made big saves in every game I have seen, Aberdeen excepted.

Foderingham isn't a bad keeper. His short distance distribution is better but he's quite poor at one-on-ones and lets in too many shots from distance.

Good result with a clean sheet.

Some of these foreign teams have poor away form but very good home form but looking at this mob they are nothing special at home.

An away goal will kill the game.

31 minutes ago, KnightswoodBear said:

It appears that the boo boys are having a hard time accepting that Ejaria was immense last night.  Still, they've still got the other young boy, Kent to aim their ire at.

Does my fucking head in.

It's always the same kind of players as well. Technical players who aren't seen as getting "stuck in" even if they work hard. 

Flanagan gets more praise than Ejaria which is just ridiculous.

Archived