League Cup 18/19 Group A

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good result tonight and players getting minutes too. When you realise Bobby Linn never even saw the park and Thomas O’Brien was sitting in the stands suspended it’s encouraging. Decent depth.

Aside from a 10 minute spell in the first half where we really struggled at the back with County getting in behind with boys running from midfield I thought we were really comfortable, as soon as their boy got sent off felt we would go and win.

That line-up tonight showed a complete lack of respect for Arbroath and we got exactly what we deserved. 

Tony Dingwall can f**k so far off. You'd be willing to put up with diving and shite like that if he was any good. 

Decent steak pie in the pub across from the ground tho and a nice night for a drive. Crossed a new ground off my list which is always nice. Good luck this season, no reason you can't win that league if you play like that every week. 

32 minutes ago, CountyFan said:

That line-up tonight showed a complete lack of respect for Arbroath and we got exactly what we deserved. 

Tony Dingwall can f**k so far off. You'd be willing to put up with diving and shite like that if he was any good. 

Decent steak pie in the pub across from the ground tho and a nice night for a drive. Crossed a new ground off my list which is always nice. Good luck this season, no reason you can't win that league if you play like that every week. 

We were missing O’Brien and Linn also so we were far from full strength 

Terrible result for County but they'll still win the group if they beat Alloa on Saturday. If they don't win though, they're definitely out.

Alloa just need a draw to win the group but even a loss could still see them through in 2nd...although a 2-0 defeat or a three goal loss would drop them into 3rd.

Still a small chance Arbroath could reach the last 16 but would obviously need a lot of results to go in their favour.

Would 8 points see Alloa through as one of the best 2nd place teams? Not really kept up with how many 2nd place teams goes through etc.

I would suggest minimum 9 points is required for best second place team. A draw without the bonus point will be enough for Alloa to top the group. Don’t think county could play as bad as they played last night so still going to be tough.

looks like we took Arbroath lightly, played a bizarre team and any team managed by Dick Campbell won't look a gift horse like that in the mouth.

Now all we have to do is beat Alloa, who usually give us serious trouble away from home. Going to be squeaky bum time on Saturday,

4 hours ago, Comrie said:

looks like we took Arbroath lightly, played a bizarre team and any team managed by Dick Campbell won't look a gift horse like that in the mouth.

Now all we have to do is beat Alloa, who usually give us serious trouble away from home. Going to be squeaky bum time on Saturday,

That's why I can't work out the team last night. Play the strongest 11 you have, win the fucking game and then mess around with players/formations in a meaningless game on Saturday. They've put additional unnecessary pressure on themselves. 

Ps I'm not saying a stronger team definitely would have won last night, Arbroath were excellent. 

it is win or nothing saturday, no doubt county will improve from their reshuffled side that was beaten by a good (i have always rated arbroath) side 

I don't think 8 points will be enough to go through, at least 2,  2nd placed teams on 9 already .

Shout out to the ref last night who didnt fall for any diving shite (from both teams) and booked 2 players for 2 ridiculous dives. Unfortunately for county it was a 2nd booking a red but even with 11 men i thought we looked the better team

it is win or nothing saturday, no doubt county will improve from their reshuffled side that was beaten by a good (i have always rated arbroath) side 
I don't think 8 points will be enough to go through, at least 2,  2nd placed teams on 9 already .
8 points might be enough.

If Motherwell beat Clyde they finish on 10 points. QotS drop to 2nd with 9 points. So will be in next round.

Hearts have a hard game against ICT. They need at least 2 points to finish above Arbroath.

Airdrie play Hamilton. They need 2 points to finish above.

Dundee will face Brechin. They need 2 points. But might aswell give them all 3 as Brechin are pish.

St Mirren face Dumbarton. They need to win as 2 points isnt enough.
Dumbarton would need to win 5-0 to finish above.

County will finish 3rd if they fail to win.
A 3-0 win will move them to first and Alloa to 3rd.

Now if Forfar were to win against St Johnstone. They will finish 1st and St Johnstone would finish with 8 points in 2nd but with a worse goal difference and most likely fail to reach the next round.

1 hour ago, CountyFan said:

That's why I can't work out the team last night. Play the strongest 11 you have, win the fucking game and then mess around with players/formations in a meaningless game on Saturday. They've put additional unnecessary pressure on themselves. 

Ps I'm not saying a stronger team definitely would have won last night, Arbroath were excellent. 

Saturday wouldn't have been meaningless whatever happened last night. If you'd won last night you'd be on 9 pts with a GD of +4 (or better) and a game to come against a team on 8 and a +5 GD. Lose that and you'd have been 2nd on 9 which wouldn't definitely have got you through. Especially if you lose by 2 or 3. You'd have had a chance though. It is now pretty much win or bust. There's no scenario now in which you can finish 2nd. If you win the game you win the group. If you draw then even winning the shoot out will see you in 3rd behind both Alloa and Arbroath.

1 hour ago, whereismillar said:

The only way you can even finish 2nd is to lose the game by one goal. Or lose it by 3-1 or a higher two goal margin. But you are right, it's very unlikely you'd go through on 8 anyway.

Archived