Cowdenbeath 2018-2019

This is going to be controversial what is obvious is that sheerin will do a job on a wee park, he was miles off at hampden and Renton looks like he is towing 2 caravans not 1 so you do not need to be a rocket scientist to work out that Cowdenbeath need a striker with pace and I have no idea if the young lad skelly has it or not time will tell

Well my record this season doesn't compare well to last, with three defeats and one draw seen so far, compared to two wins from two last time around.

Seems the same problem of defensive errors proving costly once again and the fact that Cowdenbeath fail to turn up for two halves of football, and Sheerin is usually blowing out of his arse by the hour mark due to the effort he puts in, doesn't help. Also, from the four games I've seen this season, I could probably count the number of chances Cowden have created during the second period on one hand.

I don't think there was a major difference in class yesterday, though the better team definitely won, and there was sadly only going to be one winner in the second half (as my 3-2 bet on a home win went down the pan).

Improvement is definitely needed all over the park, although I though some of the saves McGurn made certainly helped keep Cowden in the game at one point, so no blaming him for their third

Edited by Drifter

9 minutes ago, peternapper said:
  Reveal hidden contents

How long has it been the case that away support need to use the far end stand, asked yesterday as usually always went to the far side terrace but was told that was not an option

Since we were in the championship. If you were over there last season you wern't meant to be:lol:

58 minutes ago, DutchBorderer said:

How you lot feeling about the next match, v. Albion Rovers? Any chance of becoming the first team to drop points against them?

Someones always going to be the 1st although they conceded 5 goals to Berwick after we put 4 past them a fortnight ago they have since changed keepers with the new boy apparently having a good game against Clyde yesterday.

In other words who knows.

1 hour ago, cowdenbeath said:

Someones always going to be the 1st although they conceded 5 goals to Berwick after we put 4 past them a fortnight ago they have since changed keepers with the new boy apparently having a good game against Clyde yesterday.

In other words who knows.

That's true - I think Cowdenbeath should do the decent thing and let Rovers get a point, it will take the pressure off the rest of the teams who have yet to play...

Just now, Jacksgranda said:

That's true - I think Cowdenbeath should do the decent thing and let Rovers get a point, it will take the pressure off the rest of the teams who have yet to play...

What have we ever done to upset you:P I reckon Elgin should be turning over stones to give Rovers their 1st point.

3 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

What have we ever done to upset you:P I reckon Elgin should be turning over stones to give Rovers their 1st point.

Nine games before City play Rovers again - surely they'll have broken their duck by then?

If City become the first team to lose to the Rovers they should be turning over stones all right - to crawl under them...

1 minute ago, Jacksgranda said:

Nine games before City play Rovers again - surely they'll have broken their duck by then?

If City become the first team to lose to the Rovers they should be turning over stones all right - to crawl under them...

Teams on those sorts of runs always break them sometime its a nightmare really for teams the longer it goes on as no one wants to be the 1st.

4 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

Teams on those sorts of runs always break them sometime its a nightmare really for teams the longer it goes on as no one wants to be the 1st.

Yes, I remember the Dons beating Motherwell 6-5, (I remembered it so well I had to look up when it happened - 1999!) to get their first win of the season. We were in holiday in Benidorm at the time and the only way I could get the result was by reading a newspaper. I thought it was a misprint and the score was really Motherwell 5 Aberdeen 0.

1 minute ago, Cowden Cowboy said:

No it's soft segregation away fans are asked/directed to use old stand

Fair enough we have part of a stand marked as being for away supporters although you can access any part of the ground really. Thankfully 99% of the time there is no problem & folk just get on with supporting their team as it should be. This season we had one bit of bother when Clyde were up but that was it. For our Irn-Bru game with Bohemians think there had been word of various casuals turning up so the ground was segregated for that but it is sad if with the number of folk at games below Championship level that any segregation should be required.

The last few seasons when we were playing teams around us in the league we found a way to lose. This meant we finished bottom of the pile two seasons running. Enduring the play off twice in a row and crawling over the line did me no favours health wise. We really need to start winning these games and this week we have Albion Rovers at home. It has been the norm the last two years to be playing catch up very early on in the season. I think it's about time somebody else took over that task. Big weekend, big game, we need to win. That is all.