Top Scorer

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12/1 Harry Kane :thumsup2
Even as an Englishman I'd advise against. Not just cause we'll bottle it, but his record isn't that great. A far better bet is our top scorer, Mr Welbeck.

On a serious note, this market looks brutal. Neymar would be my pick of the bunch but I can't bring myself to back the favourite. In the end I backed Cavani, but it involved lots of folded up pieces of paper and I didn't even pick it.

Even as an Englishman I'd advise against. Not just cause we'll bottle it, but his record isn't that great. A far better bet is our top scorer, Mr Welbeck.

On a serious note, this market looks brutal. Neymar would be my pick of the bunch but I can't bring myself to back the favourite. In the end I backed Cavani, but it involved lots of folded up pieces of paper and I didn't even pick it.

Looking good for Harry. Can he get another two against Panama on Sunday?

I've got Lukaku, 2 goals against Panama is pretty much a 'level par' return. Would expect Kane to get the same against them. Hoping that Lukaku can get another couple against Tunisia, and Belgium should go far enough that he can pick up another 2 or 3. Ronaldo and Costa look the only realistic threats, bar an Oleg Salenko performance from someone.

14 hours ago, Scary Bear said:

Looking good for Harry. Can he get another two against Panama on Sunday?

Indeed, I'd apologise but I'm naturally delighted. Saying that, I'm not sure about Sunday. I imagine he'll be the first we'd take off if things are going smoothly enough in order to save him a little. I've backed Lukaku as group top scorer at about 5/1 which seemed outrageous value.

13 hours ago, Diamonds are Forever said:

I've got Lukaku, 2 goals against Panama is pretty much a 'level par' return. Would expect Kane to get the same against them. Hoping that Lukaku can get another couple against Tunisia, and Belgium should go far enough that he can pick up another 2 or 3. Ronaldo and Costa look the only realistic threats, bar an Oleg Salenko performance from someone.

I'm still banking on Cavani hitting a cricket score v Saudi Arabia.

14 hours ago, Scary Bear said:

Not one shout for Ronnie-o.

Ive just discovered this thread, and funnily enough that's what I picked up reading through.  The top scorer in champions league ever, in his domestic league (along with Messi), and Portugal's highest ever and yet no one mentioned him.  I wouldn't have done either, maybe it just seemed too obvious?

Bagging a hat-trick in his team's hardest group game is a pretty good start. If he goes full Ronaldo and makes their next two matches all about him scoring, then he could have it sewn up by the knockout phase.  Costa obviously just one behind, but Spain won't make it a priority to get him more goals, they'll be more about the team and result.

Kane looks a good shout for 2 or 3 against Panama.  Don't think Tunisia are as easy an opponent for the Belgiums and Lukaku as Panama for England, could be wrong.

• 4 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

The most embarrassing golden foot in the history of all World Cups.

not as far as the English are concerned, clive tyldsley actually said the scoreline is kane 6 griezman 4 mbappe 4 during todays second half. he was so chuffed about it

Archived