West Region Championship thread 2018-19

glensmad

2 minutes ago, Tutankhamen said:

Viewparker, when did the Roch last score 9 goals?

You would need to ask Graffit or Kinky that one.  I lived about 600 yards from the ground in the 60s and 70s but my memory can’t remember that far back. My worse memory was a 6-1 beating by Petershill in the 70s. 

Chris I told you during the week you would beat Larkhall. They are a poor side. Full of young boys, some decent, but no shape or experience and will struggle to pick up a point. No need to gloat. 
No need to gloat ? Give yourself a day off Danny
Us vs Larkhall has always been a needle match and tbf they have held the upper hand for more years than I can care to remember so I don't care how poor they are or who is playing for them today was fantastic and the result will live long in the memory especially for our older supporters .

After all that money you spent on their end. 
Btw. I didn’t say this at the time but you guys have worked hard on the ground. 
Best it’s looked since the  the social club was burnt down in the 80s. 
Thanks yes bit by bit we are getting there and I also thought the pitch was fantastic today despite the recent rainfall.

4 hours ago, griffiti on the wall said:

9-2 to the Candy

Not much more needed to be said

Sent the Larkhall fans home with there tails between there legs

Oh wait they never brought any fans

emoji23.pngemoji23.png Mon The Candy

Tail between their legs, lol, a bit like your lot last week then when you got hit for 6 eh, Larkhall obviously struggling big time going by their league results to date, but as long as you enjoyed yersel more than you did last week :)

Tail between their legs, lol, a bit like your lot last week then when you got hit for 6 eh, Larkhall obviously struggling big time going by their league results to date, but as long as you enjoyed yersel more than you did last week [emoji4]
Absolutely we copped a sore one last week and at arthurlie so it was nice to give some back but you can't deny we outnumbered your fans last week and the turnout from Larkhall was embarrassing since we took over 200 to there ground last time the club's met

1 minute ago, Viewparker said:

You wish. 

Darvel only got the draw because Whitletts let them off the hook! Darvel celebrated the draw as if they had won the champions league... a full strength Whitletts team will destroy the galacticos.

3 minutes ago, iPhone said:

Darvel only got the draw because Whitletts let them off the hook! Darvel celebrated the draw as if they had won the champions league... a full strength Whitletts team will destroy the galacticos.

Nothing beats a wee last minute goal to get a result.  Every match I’ve ever watched when that happens the lads go mental. Don’t tell me you haven’t witnessed that before? 

Get the blinkers off and give the lads a wee bit of credit for digging deep  

3 minutes ago, Viewparker said:

Nothing beats a wee last minute goal to get a result.  Every match I’ve ever watched when that happens the lads go mental. Don’t tell me you haven’t witnessed that before? 

Get the blinkers off and give the lads a wee bit of credit for digging deep  

Whitletts were disappointed with a draw.

I expected so much more from Darvel after the investment they made on players. 

They were only on top in the 2nd half because Whitletts had a lead to protect. If it was still 0-0 it would have been a different case

4 hours ago, griffiti on the wall said:

9-2 to the Candy

Not much more needed to be said

Sent the Larkhall fans home with there tails between there legs

Oh wait they never brought any fans

emoji23.pngemoji23.png Mon The Candy

No tails between the legs from us (there were some supporters there if we're being factualy correct), the result was as expected given what we've seen so far this season and I for one am just glad you didn't get the 10 your fans were desperate for.  Grateful for small mercies I know.

You had an team of established junior players playing a boys team who have lost at least 6 goals every game this season so if you're over the moon at that crack on, we probably won't win a point in this league with the current team.

We will get players in over the course of time though and will improve again, so enjoy your day we will meet again in closer games in future.

No tails between the legs from us (there were some supporters there if we're being factualy correct), the result was as expected given what we've seen so far this season and I for one am just glad you didn't get the 10 your fans were desperate for.  Grateful for small mercies I know.
You had an team of established junior players playing a boys team who have lost at least 6 goals every game this season so if you're over the moon at that crack on, we probably won't win a point in this league with the current team.
We will get players in over the course of time though and will improve again, so enjoy your day we will meet again in closer games in future.

I feel your pain but like I said I have saw us lose to you lot enough in the past so despite whatever is going on at Larkhall I'm gonna saviour and enjoy the fact I was there the day we stuck 9 past Larkhall at JMP
I hope we stick 10 past you when we come down in our hundreds for the return match .
On my last visit to Larkhall your fans were happily singing " hey you we're having a party " as we left the ground dejected well today the party was in the Garngad and we certainly love " a party with a happy atmosphere " .

Neilston 5-3 Irvine vics
great value for the neutral 
vics came out traps fast winning 2-0 at half time 
we  weren’t at races 
2nd half was wild plenty of action we made changes at half time and worked a treat  as the score line suggested. Neilston also played last 20 mins with 9men and dug in deep for win 
man in the middle had a nightmare towards both teams 
onwards to nxt sat now ticking along not to bad for us 
Spot on with your summary, all the best for the season.
T

On 18/08/2018 at 23:01, tombo said:
On 18/08/2018 at 20:26, DanMan said:
No game. No idea why

The Vic's requested the Saturday off to play the annual Marymass derby.

Has a  league game been cancelled because of a friendly? 

Edited by Viewparker