Hearts

Motherwell

Kilmarnock

Saintees

Dundee

Hamilton

StMirren

Livingston.

Can only go on what players we have signed up so far.

If we sell Magennis and get a cut from a McGinn deal we could be looking at doubling our annual turnover.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Pie and Bovril mobile app

Celtic

Aberdeen

Hearts

Killie

Hibs

St Johnstone

Motherwell

Dundee

Hamilton

Livi

St Mirren

As others have said it can be split into4 groups:- Celtic, Those chasing second, those going for the last top 6 spot, and then the bottom 4. Looking forward to it.

4 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Kazanskis one of these weird Dees who pops up every Summer, proclaims Dundee have finally gotten it right and their new manager is their hero, trolls about a bit, and then disappears when the season starts.

Prediction at this stage is a hard one to do, especially since half the clubs haven't even started their business.

1. Celtic
  2. Aberdeen
  3. Rangers 
  4. Hibernian
  5. Kilmarnock
  6. Motherwell
  7. St Johnstone
  8. Dundee
  9. Hearts
  10. Hamilton
  11. Livingston
  12. St Mirren

Top four looks pretty set, and Kilmarnock make a set top five is Clarke stays. Hearts look like they've built an awful squad so far, based on the thought process they'll spend their whole budget on Milinkovic and Naismith, can see them getting late into the window and still having neither.

Motherwell, Saints and Dundee to scrap over the top final top six space, and whoever has the most clinical striker will take it. Motherwells almost inevitable signing of Ciftci should help them, especially if he gets fit, they always scramble some non-league fucker who scores every second game aswell. Got Saints above Dundee purely because McMillan and Kane look more capable than Moussa. Could easily change with signings.

Bottom three will be tight, Hamilton made some impressive defensive signings and are always able to scrap for points. Livingston in 11th is based on the fact they'll likely continue in the style they were playing, which means they'll pick up points here and there. St Mirren look awful, squad wise, and have appointed a manager who won't shut up shop. Can see them conceding a rake of goals on the counter.

I reserve the right to change this opinion in a months time.

A prediction with out a single once of form by that I mean all who are predicting.  I will wait till the first quarter is over. 

6 minutes ago, Demented Zebra said:

A prediction with out a single once of form by that I mean all who are predicting.  I will wait till the first quarter is over. 

I'm glad you came onto this thread and told us, we'd all have been on tenterhooks waiting for your prediction, you see.

Factoring in the the recruitment that has taken place thus far as well as the state of affairs at the end of last season, here are my predictions, I will revise them just before the season starts

1. Celtic

2. Sevco

3. Aberdeen

4. Hibernian

5. Kilmarnock

6. Motherwell

7. Hearts

8. St. Johnstone

9. St. Mirren

10. Dundee

11. Hamilton

12. Livingston

26 minutes ago, Demented Zebra said:

Yes I'm going to hold off until 37 rounds of matches have been played then clean up. Can't believe no-one's thought of it already to be honest.

Just about everyone on here is predicting Saints will be Bottom Six, good times are over etc.   Can't wait til we unveil our marquee signings and see the backtracking on here....

:whistle

Aberdeen - Can see some kind of decline but given the lack of quality across the league should still manage a top 4 spot.

Celtic - Last season's Celtic team must have been one of the most mediocre league champions in a long time.  I don't buy the argument that they are streets ahead of everyone else and unassailable but any potential challengers have their own problems so Celtic will essentially win the league by default.

Dundee - Dundee seem to play decent football without having much cutting edge.  If they can find a good striker they could perhaps do something but otherwise I don't see anything radically different.

Hamilton - Really struggled in 2018, lost 13 out of 17 league matches and have lost most of their best players.  Finishing 3rd bottom would be a major achievement.

Hearts - Not that impressed by their early signings.  Like last season home form will likely keep them out of trouble without really doing much at the top end.

Hibernian - It's a shame Hibs will have to rebuild during the summer as they were showing signs of building a team that didn't have the inferiority complex of most of the rest.  As a result its difficult to decide at this stage where Hibs will finish but they should be looking to be Scotland's third team, after the Glasgow giants.

Kilmarnock - Steve Clarke is Kilmarnock's major asset so Kilmarnock should maintain their position as best of the provincials.

Livingston - Saw Livingston in the flesh in the play offs and was quite impressed. Losing David Hopkins is a blow, the new managerial appointment will be massive.  If they can maintain the team ethos of last season they might even surprise a few.

Motherwell - Motherwell finished comfortably mid table last season but a lot of those points came early on and goals have been hard to come by since the departure of Moult.  Keeping key players during the close season will also be important.  Likely to be in the 7, 8, 9 spot with occasional nervous glances over their shoulders.

Rangers - All eyes will be on Steven Gerrard.  Disaster or master stroke?  I don't see a rookie coach with little knowledge on Scottish football coming up here and winning the league so it will be down to him to do well enough to keep his job for a 2nd season.  He might do that but the toxicity of the club, financial problems and his own lack of experience are against him.  Like Aberdeen, the lack of quality in the league more or less guarantees a top 4 spot. 

St. Johnstone - Like a few other clubs St. Johnstone seem too good to go down but not good enough to finish Top 6.

St. Mirren - It's a long time since St. Mirren did anything but struggle in the top league and it's difficult to see anything different this time.  The appointment of Alan Stubbs, if he can replicate his Hibs form, might give them hope but questions remain over Stubbs ability to manage a smaller team with less resources.

1. Celtic

2. Rangers

3. Hibernian

4. Aberdeen

5. Hearts

6. Kilmarnock

7. St. Johnstone

8. Motherwell

9. Livingston

10. Dundee

11. St. Mirren

12. Hamilton

12 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

Just about everyone on here is predicting Saints will be Bottom Six, good times are over etc.   Can't wait til we unveil our marquee signings and see the backtracking on here....

:whistle

To be fair, I am reserving final judgment until more signings come in, it's hard to predict you guys finishing any better when you have only signed 1 guy.  A renewal of the squad will be healthy for St. Johnstone as you had been relying on your Scottish Cup winners for the last couple of years and their age was really starting to show last season.  You still have a solid core, but without further additions (such as a goalie) then it's hard to Judge.  Same with Hibs, I put them 4th last year but if they can't adequately replace McGinn and McGeouch (who are likely to leave) then they could slip down.

1 hour ago, Demented Zebra said:

If only the title of the thread was "Early League Predictions"

Based on squads right now...

1. Celtic
2. Sevco
3. Aberdeen
4. Hibs
5. Killie
6. Hearts
7. Well
8. Fakes
9. Dundee
10. Hamilton
11. Saints
12. Livi

We simply don't have enough depth at the moment to be considered in any way safe. But Stubbsy is spinning his massive Rolodex as we speak: let's see where it stops.

1. Celtic
2. Sevco
3. Aberdeen
4. Hibs
5. Killie
6. Hearts
7. Well
8. Fakes
9. Dundee
10. Hamilton
11. Saints
12. Livi

We simply don't have enough depth at the moment to be considered in any way safe. But Stubbsy is spinning his massive Rolodex as we speak: let's see where it stops.
Just now we have Mullen and Hypolitte signed up front for the campaign ahead, with an offer still pending to Reilly. That for me is a concern. If Reilly signs we have 3 strikers signed up with no top league experience.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Pie and Bovril mobile app

40 minutes ago, senorsoupe said:

To be fair, I am reserving final judgment until more signings come in, it's hard to predict you guys finishing any better when you have only signed 1 guy.  A renewal of the squad will be healthy for St. Johnstone as you had been relying on your Scottish Cup winners for the last couple of years and their age was really starting to show last season.  You still have a solid core, but without further additions (such as a goalie) then it's hard to Judge.  

We have a few decent keepers on the books tbf. Clark who'll be number 1, Hurst a former Scotland  u21 and young Sinclair who  Liverpool were looking at.

11 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

1. Celtic
2. Sevco
3. Aberdeen
4. Hibs
5. Killie
6. Hearts
7. Well
8. Fakes
9. Dundee
10. Hamilton
11. Saints
12. Livi

We pretty much don't have one l'll most definitely take that. 

1. Celtic

2. Hibs

3. Sevco

4. Aberdeen

5. Kilmarnock

6. Motherwell

7. Hearts

8. Dundee

9. St Mirren

10. Livi

11. St Johnstone

12. Hamilton

Predictions based on Dundee losing Kamara and Caulker. If we keep them we could have a crack at 6th place. 

St Johnstone's time of punching well above their weight is about to come to an abrupt halt. Big fat Tommy will be punted by Xmas and replaced by some diddy like Owen Coyle. 

Hamilton need to eventually f*** off and allow the top tier of Scottish football to progress. 

26 minutes ago, Im_Rodger said:

We pretty much don't have one l'll most definitely take that. 

Fair enough - it was more based on my knowledge of where St Mirren are right now. Stubbs is giving some big talk about signings -and raiding Everton - so it will at least be interesting.