Champions League 2018-2019 Thread

GNU_Linux

The interviewer got it spot on with the klopp interview, I could've listened to him all night.

Incredible football.

As much as some on here will never be able to bring themselves to do it, you have to give Liverpool all the credit there. A simply heroic performance.

4 minutes ago, jamamafegan said:

First champions league final without Messi or Ronaldo since 2013. That is immensely pleasing.

To absolute weirdos I'm sure it is.  Imagine the two best players in the world playing in the CL final that's just terrible isn't it.

1 minute ago, Kuro said:

To absolute weirdos I'm sure it is.  Imagine the two best players in the world playing in the CL final that's just terrible isn't it.

To people who are increasingly concerned about the continued institutional dominance of half a dozen European clubs at the expense of all others it's absolutely fucking wonderful. 

3 minutes ago, CountyFan said:

To people who are increasingly concerned about the continued institutional dominance of half a dozen European clubs at the expense of all others it's absolutely fucking wonderful. 

Weirdos you mean.  Institutional lol, it's not like they cheated.

Just now, Tarmo Kink said:

Two 3 goal leads lost in two seasons.

3 international finals bottled.

Quitonel Messi

Four finals, bottled is what fanboys say.  He scored twice in that tie, it's hardly his fault his defence conceded four tonight.

2 minutes ago, Kuro said:

If you want to watch Bayern V Real and Barca V Juve on a loop for the next two decades be my guest. Most people would get bored of that. 

9 minutes ago, CountyFan said:

Glad the 8 time finalists and 5 time winners from the 4.5 billion pound league could upset the applecart.

Edited by The OP

1 minute ago, CountyFan said:

If you want to watch Bayern V Real and Barca V Juve on a loop for the next two decades be my guest. Most people would get bored of that. 

I just want to watch the best teams, only weirdos get 'bored ' of that.

6 minutes ago, Tarmo Kink said:

Two 3 goal leads lost in two seasons.

3 international finals bottled.

Quitonel Messi

Messi didn't lose these games by himself. 

He's won 5 Ballon D'Ors too, scored hundreds of goals.

Certainly amongst the top 5 players of all time.

But thanks for confirming that you are an idiot.

Edited by Bishop Briggs

You don't understand what institutional means.

The whole champions league project has been one that's ensured finance and success was shared by a handful of elite clubs in Europe.

It has f**k all to do with Liverpool tonight, who are right up there with spending power, and quite clearly Ajax are the real footballing heroes of this year's competition.

(But your hatred for any English success in Europe is always enjoyable)

Scoring 4 against Barcelona is good but come back when you've done it in the Nou Camp. #wedemboiz

Or, indeed have a 100% record against them #dundeehibernian

Some game though, I would imagine that half of Liverpool won't be turning up for work tomorrow, nothing to do with the result, just the fact that they don't have jobs.