Champions League 2018-2019 Thread

GNU_Linux

1 minute ago, 54_and_counting said:

Barca looked like a team that didn't know how to deal with a high press like Liverpool did, barca are used to teams sitting off scared to go near them, liverpool didn't let them settle, didnt let their midfield get into the game at all

Doesn't watch la liga.

Absolutely breathtaking- the Champions League has been utterly phenomenal this season. Sad to see Messi go out like that but those scenes in front of the Kop at the end there were just fantastic.

That has to be one of the best games in the history of the competition, along with the final in Istanbul. Football at it’s absolute best.

Aye, fair play to Liverpool, I was one of many who completely wrote them off, multiple times over this tie, but they done exactly what was needed against Barca.

In retrospect, this might be better for Barca long term, they have massive flaws and cant ignore them now.

Liverpool v Ajax should be a cracker with proper end to end football.

Liverpool v Tottenham would be dreadful.

Cannae believe I have just sat watching Queens get beat by Montrose on Twitter, assuming this would be an easy Barca win and ignoring the fact it's trending. Heard the last 90 seconds on the radio. Gutted
Done the exact same thing, although I'm delighted with the result at Links Park

Valverde’s surely gone after that? Failing to make the final is one thing, going out in that fashion two years running is something else.
Talk of Allegri leaving Juve so if Valverde gets emptied theres a replacement possibly lined up

Probably signals the end of an era for this team, they will begin to be broken up now.  They need more.energy pure and simple, and suarez replaced, coutinho gone.  Big job.  Ironically my choice to do it would be Klopp probably, but will be Quiqe Setien, who is fantastic.

1 minute ago, GNU_Linux said:
6 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:
Valverde’s surely gone after that? Failing to make the final is one thing, going out in that fashion two years running is something else.

Talk of Allegri leaving Juve so if Valverde gets emptied theres a replacement possibly lined up

Setien is nailed on imo.  He's perfect for them.

Edited by Kuro

2 minutes ago, Thistle_do_nicely said:

Was both amused and entertained by that - very rarely give much of a shit about latter stage CL football anymore (30 tomorrow, ahhhhhhh) but after the early goal i stuck with the game rather than fucking off to play fm or something. Glad i did.

It’s been great the past few years tbf!

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

Aye, fair play to Liverpool, I was one of many who completely wrote them off, multiple times over this tie, but they done exactly what was needed against Barca.

In retrospect, this might be better for Barca long term, they have massive flaws and cant ignore them now.

Liverpool v Ajax should be a cracker with proper end to end football.

Liverpool v Tottenham would be dreadful.

Barca have ignored their flaws for years because they scud the diddy teams and generally dominate in spain, 4 CL titles in 14 years when their main rivals have won it 4 times in 5 years

1 minute ago, 54_and_counting said:

Barca have ignored their flaws for years because they scud the diddy teams and generally dominate in spain, 4 CL titles in 14 years when their main rivals have won it 4 times in 5 years

Tbf they've won the league ten times too, so it isn't as simple as you make out.  They've definitely bested real in that time.