Champions League 2018-2019 Thread

GNU_Linux

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Moomintroll

Can whoever is in charge of the Manchester United teams travel arrangements please explain how he or she can avoid the sack in the face of their utter incompetence? How can you not know the traffic issues in your own City and plan accordingly?

1 minute ago, Moomintroll said:

Can whoever is in charge of the Manchester United teams travel arrangements please explain how he or she can avoid the sack in the face of their utter incompetence? How can you not know the traffic issues in your own City and plan accordingly?

I'd just say arrangements in general. What's the point in meeting in a hotel 2 miles away from the ground anyway? They're not exactly going to raid Jose's minibar in a pre-match booze up. You'd think after the cock up for the last game they'd have ensured there was absolutely no way it'd happen again. 

Guest Moomintroll
I'd just say arrangements in general. What's the point in meeting in a hotel 2 miles away from the ground anyway? They're not exactly going to raid Jose's minibar in a pre-match booze up. You'd think after the cock up for the last game they'd have ensured there was absolutely no way it'd happen again. 
They have a hotel owned by some of their most prominent ex players a minutes walk from the stadium. I know there was beef when they opened it but it has to be an absolute no brainer to stick the players there before matches.

christ - going on about dybala as if he's just broken in to the first team this season; i know the appreciation of the game in its broader context is higher than average on P&B, but fucking come on - he's been in serie A for six years (less one season)...

42 minutes ago, Moomintroll said:
1 hour ago, 7-2 said:

They have a hotel owned by some of their most prominent ex players a minutes walk from the stadium. I know there was beef when they opened it but it has to be an absolute no brainer to stick the players there before matches.

probably considered to be poor preparation for a match - having the class of '92 relentlessly telling 'em how shite they are...

Juve absolutely riding Man U. Watching it side by side with Hearts strolling past Dundee, and there's not much between how Dundee are playing and Man U. Completely negative from Mourinho, predictably.

46 minutes ago, Moomintroll said:
1 hour ago, 7-2 said:

Turns out they didn't meet at the Lowry but changed it to a hotel in the grounds of the Old Trafford cricket ground to beat the traffic! I still don't get why they need to do it.

Edited by 7-2

Guest Moomintroll
Turns out they didn't meet at the Lowry but changed it to a hotel in the grounds of the Old Trafford cricket ground to beat the traffic! I still don't get why they need to do it.
How can they be late travelling from the Hilton Garden Inn? It's a 15 minute walk when you're pished.

Guest Moomintroll
probably considered to be poor preparation for a match - having the class of '92 relentlessly telling 'em how shite they are...
"Insert Isa GIF telling them they huvtae know".

7 minutes ago, Moomintroll said:
16 minutes ago, 7-2 said:

How can they be late travelling from the Hilton Garden Inn? It's a 15 minute walk when you're pished.

The whole area around there's a major traffic jam in the late afternoons at the best of times before you add in the football. It's just stupidity.