Champions League 2018-2019 Thread

GNU_Linux

Messi is just a different league to everyone else. You could stick him centre mid and he’s still the best player on the planet, his passing is phenomenal.

Spurs pressing high and leaving gaps obviously played in to Barcelona’s hands somewhat, but in that kind of form, there isn’t a team in the world that can stop Lionel Messi. As well as being the best dribbler of all time and one of, if not the finest finisher there’s been, he’s also the greatest passer of a football I have ever seen, the weight of his through balls, especially in to the channel between right back and centre half for Jordi Alba, are astonishing.

We’ve probably only got about three or four years left watching him at this level, we should cherish every minute of it. What a fucking player.

England are shite at football.
Still, they have Brexit to look forward to.

Imagine being even shiter at football and also having Brexit to look forward to. And then ever shiter than that and still having Brexit to look forward to. That’s us unfortunately.

Spurs pressing high and leaving gaps obviously played in to Barcelona’s hands somewhat, but in that kind of form, there isn’t a team in the world that can stop Lionel Messi. As well as being the best dribbler of all time and one of, if not the finest finisher there’s been, he’s also the greatest passer of a football I have ever seen, the weight of his through balls, especially in to the channel between right back and centre half for Jordi Alba, are astonishing.

We’ve probably only got about three or four years left watching him at this level, we should cherish every minute of it. What a fucking player.

Football at the top level. Teams from two of the best three leagues in the world serving up a six goal thriller. Messi unplayable. World Cup Golden Boot winner scoring. Barcelona hanging on for spells then killing Spurs off at the end. Brilliant.

We should savour every minute we can get of Messi.

9 minutes ago, Mastermind said:

World Cup Golden Boot winner scoring. 

That was the highlight of the game for me. I was jumping about the living room like "FUCKIN YASSSSS THE WORLD CUP GOLDEN BOOT WINNER SCORED, WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE" then I phoned my Dad and said "Da, I know we haven't spoken in years but THE FUCKING WORLD CUP GOLDEN BOOT WINNER JUST SCORED, DID YOU SEE IT?!?!?" then I phoned my boss and I was like "Don't think I'll be in tomorrow or Friday mate, the WORLD CUP GOLDEN BOOT WINNER JUST SCORED, you wouldn't want to see me with the hangover I'm gonna have the mora". 

I was thinking "oh wow, didn't know that Modric had transferred to Barcelona", before realising that it wasn't the World Cup MVP but that pishy award they gave to Kane for scoring tap-ins and penalties against teams that Stevie fucking May would probably score against.

There's a great irony in certain folk, Mastermind, crawling all over any Scottish game on TV saying how shite it is, only to then mock folk who decide to laugh at English football when it, yet again, fails to get anywhere near the level they spend the preceding week telling everyone it's at.

Getting excited about English football not doing well. :lol:
The state of some folk.

Unfortunately it’s the only joy the some of the wee bitter Scots really get out out out Champions League nights. See also European Championships and World Cup.

14 minutes ago, Mastermind said:

Unfortunately it’s the only joy the some of the wee bitter Scots really get out out out Champions League nights. See also European Championships and World Cup.

You mind if I bookmark this for Sunday, when you'll inevitably turn up in the St Johnstone v Celtic thread talking about how boring/shite/one sided the game is?

Didn't realise that Lolverpool had fucked up and lost to a last minute goal. Such a shame. 

I was probably still in a ultimate rapture having witnessed the second coming of Christ, one of those life defining events like the moon landings, JFK being shot, Diana's funeral, as a human being that's up there with Mandela, Mother Theresa and Gandhi single handedly reinvented the game of football at Wembley. Think I'm doing this right anyway...

2 hours ago, Mastermind said:

You take joy in anything bad to do with Scotland so shut the f**k up you gibbering wreck.

2 hours ago, 7-2 said:

Didn't realise that Lolverpool had fucked up and lost to a last minute goal. Such a shame. 

I was probably still in a ultimate rapture having witnessed the second coming of Christ, one of those life defining events like the moon landings, JFK being shot, Diana's funeral, as a human being that's up there with Mandela, Mother Theresa and Gandhi single handedly reinvented the game of football at Wembley. Think I'm doing this right anyway...

:lol: 

2 hours ago, 7-2 said:

Bit more hyperbole required.

Quite strange that Mastermind posts on a Scottish football forum yet actively despises Scottish football.

Not really, as the vast majority of my posts are in topic areas with nothing to do with Scottish football. I wouldn’t say I despise it, it’s just very diddy.