Premier League 2018-19

I'm betting they won't - that game showed how vulnerable Liverpool are in midfield - shut them down there and the front 3 have no ball to do anything with.

Still think they'll blow it like they've done twice in the past decade.

I agree with that. It’ll be tight but I think City will sneak it.

Liverpool also need to get Gomez fit again asap as Lovren is just awful. He was shambolic tonight.

If tonight means that Klopp never picks that trio in midfield again, then it'll be worth the loss. Napoli away, PSG away, CL final (when he admittedly didn't have any choice). No idea why Fabinho wasn't playing. I thought Henderson wasn't that bad actually. Mane, TAA, Lovren, Milner all far worse. Man City probably deserved the breaks given Mahrez' penalty at Anfield.

That said, if the referee does his job and sends off Kompany (not a difficult decision at all), then they'd have got three points regardless.

If tonight means that Klopp never picks that trio in midfield again, then it'll be worth the loss. Napoli away, PSG away, CL final (when he admittedly didn't have any choice). No idea why Fabinho wasn't playing. I thought Henderson wasn't that bad actually. Mane, TAA, Lovren, Milner all far worse. Man City probably deserved the breaks given Mahrez' penalty at Anfield.
That said, if the referee does his job and sends off Kompany (not a difficult decision at all), then they'd have got three points regardless.

Liverpool were crying out for a no10 tonight to trouble Fernandinho, create space and make him have to mark. Absolutely no creativity in the middle.

All Liverpool's best midfield performances this season have been with the trio of Fabinho, Wijnaldum and Keita I can't fathom why Henderson is continually shoehorned in also Mane appears to be of the boil whereas the Swiss dwarf is having a great time that quartet started last week against Arsenal and slaughtered them can't understand why Klopp saw fit to change it so much against a better side!!!
God, I sound like a Liverpool fan writing that!!![emoji23]

2 hours ago, David W said:

I didn't think it was a foul never mind a yellow card...granted he takes the man but the ball is taken cleanly first. Very little mention of the penalty City should have had when Sterling turned Robertson and was dragged to the ground...I guess we can't have the P&B darling seen as anything other than perfect though.

Hoping Bernardo Silva plays the full 90 and they tell us the distance he’s run. The ground he’s covered with his pressing has been absolutely astonishing.
8.5 miles apparently, which is the most by any player in the league this season.

4 hours ago, lichtie23 said:

Awaiting Rab pic....

4 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

2FFCBB26-18CB-4FC9-A84D-42B2A1F9467E.jpeg

I’ll get a few up in the morning boys it’s been a late one :)

No complaints about the result tonight though. What a game !!! 

Edited by Rab B Nesbit

10 hours ago, King Kebab said:

I can't fathom why Henderson is continually shoehorned in a

He's the captain, hence the shoehorning.

A big mistake form Klopp giving him it IMO.  He's probably there least effective player.  If it needs to be someone English, why not give it to Milner?  He may not shout as much as Henderson, but he's a far better player and drives the team forward.

17 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

He's the captain, hence the shoehorning.

A big mistake form Klopp giving him it IMO.  He's probably there least effective player.  If it needs to be someone English, why not give it to Milner?  He may not shout as much as Henderson, but he's a far better player and drives the team forward.

And he’s been playing very well. 

What a game last night. So much riding on it and Manchester City deserved the win that they badly needed.

Liverpool could have got something out of it though having gone so close opening the scoring and looked on top after equalising. 

I must admit I was surprised when I heard that Milner was starting in the middle ahead of Fabinho but can see why Klopp wanted Millers experience in there. 

Pretty hostile atmosphere heading in and out. Like with Chelsea a few years ago the number of big games between the two has stoked things up. 

A brilliant unbeaten run finally comes to an end the away side were quite rightly applauded off at the end. A 4 point lead it  is but left to rue what could have been. FA Cup weekend then need to bounce straight back at Brighton next Saturday. 

DD555A88-7FB8-4282-9A52-BE4397ED925B.jpeg

6E749FA5-547B-4EFA-BBA3-D788C3FDB3D9.jpeg

C2699D11-A27E-4EAC-AE88-81CDB5F40AA8.jpeg

5DFED791-4F32-4F90-A0AB-6A4F69ACB7BD.jpeg

Edited by Rab B Nesbit

20 minutes ago, lanky_ffc said:

Liverpool still marginally odds-on to win the title which seems fair. 4 points doesn't seem like huge lead, but they've set some pace so far. 14/14 wins v teams outside the big 6 and Man Utd looking like their toughest away game left.

To have a 4 point lead over this Man City side when they were expected to dominate for the next 2/3 years is pretty incredible. They also have a very similar run in with Man United the only away fixture left against the top 6. Liverpool go there first in late February.