Premier League 2018-19

Liverpool are clearly currently one of the top teams in Europe ffs, and Klopp is clearly doing a very good job regardless of whether he’s won a League Cup or not. These same dreadful arguments from the usual suspects that seem to live off of baiting Rab are absolute torture.

29 minutes ago, This time Perthshirebell said:

I think Salah might be thinking....am I only worth half the value of Aaron Ramsey?    

I suspect his agent will be pushing for a transfer to one of Europe's top clubs.   

Ramsay's wages reflect his free transfer. Arsenal pulled his new contract offer and must be kicking themselves at not getting a fee for him.

Liverpool , one of the top European clubs again, would want over £100 million for Salah. Barca paid £142 million for Coutinho so that sets a benchmark. Adding in the wages and the agents' fees would mean that Salah would probably cost over £250 million. Only a few rich clubs could afford him and they are looking at other targets, e.g. Hazard, Neymar and Eriksen .

7 minutes ago, This time Perthshirebell said:

Quite.   The real top financiers in European football.   A club Liverpool are not in.   

Definitely not Billy but hopefully they will continue to defy the odds. 

9 minutes ago, This time Perthshirebell said:

Quite.   The real top financiers in European football.   A club Liverpool are not in.   

Liverpool have spent big over the last two seasons - Van Dijk, Allison, Fabinho and Keita. Then there were bargains such as  Salah, Gomez and Robertson. 

ETA - If Real Madrid are interested in Sadio Mane as suggested in the press, I'd take the money if the offer is a good one. 

Edited by Bishop Briggs

If Real Madrid are interested in Sadio Mane as suggested in the press, I'd take the money if the offer is a good one. 

Id suggest Mane is a more important player to Liverpool than Salah

11 minutes ago, This time Perthshirebell said:

Even Uberfan Rab understands this nonsense.   

If Spain, PSG, Germany or Juve calls he'll be ofski.  

I think to be honest it would probably only be one of the gruesome twosome in Spain. You can only ever speculate but I’ve always thought maybe Salah would be tempted but who knows. It would be huge money and with Klopps record in the transfer market he’d find an able replacement I’m quite sure. 

2 minutes ago, Twinkle said:

Id suggest Mane is a more important player to Liverpool than Salah

I would agree with that. 

Edited by Rab B Nesbit

3 minutes ago, Twinkle said:

Id suggest Mane is a more important player to Liverpool than Salah

Only if he improves his finishing. Mane has missed a lot of easy chances, especially in the Champions League. Firmino is a class finisher but has been out of sorts recently.

Mane has also benefited from the defenders focusing on Salah's threat and giving him more space. Leroy Sane would be a great signing for Liverpool.

6 minutes ago, Bishop Briggs said:

Only if he improves his finishing. Mane has missed a lot of easy chances, especially in the Champions League. Firmino is a class finisher but has been out of sorts recently.

Mane has also benefited from the defenders focusing on Salah's threat and giving him more space. Leroy Sane would be a great signing for Liverpool.

He’s also scored some massive goals and deserved his place in the PFA team of the season. He does does so much work for the team back the way as well. Firmino has had another excellent season. Man City wouldn’t sell Sane to Liverpool. 

Edited by Rab B Nesbit

10 hours ago, Dele said:

If Liverpool lost Salah (I don't think they will this summer) Man City would surely see it as a prime chance to get rid of Mahrez? 

Man City wouldn’t sell him to Liverpool. He’s also now 28 which doesn’t really fit their signing policy. 

18 hours ago, accies1874 said:

It's week 37 and I'm still seeing players I've never heard of. Not just youth players, a bunch of folk with low squad numbers too. 

I'm like that with Huddersfield, Brighton and Watford players.  Just random no marks from the likes of Germany, Croatia, Portugal showing up randomly on their team sheets.