Premier League 2018-19

3 minutes ago, throbber said:

They lost 3-1 and two of their goals were completely gifted by Karius and their best player went off injured (after being assaulted by Ramos I must add) how is that not unlucky exactly?

It’s not all about silverware and you cant just say he’s done a bad job because he hasn’t won a trophy. Liverpool aren’t a team that are used to silverware in recent years anyway, they won the league cup in 2012 and the FA cup in 2006, their expectancy has been to finish in the top 4 and get out the champions league group stages in the last decade. Klopp has dramatically improved them and they are now challenging for the league and the champions league and will be doing so next year but the competition is very strong and there can only be one winner.

The dislike for Liverpool on here is crazy, I put it down to about 50% Heysel and 50% Rab being an obnoxious c**t.

They won’t and should not sack Klopp.

He has improved the team and as you said Liverpool are content with being runners up just now.

I would suggest it more 50% Heysel and 50% their current fan base tbh.

Rab’s an arsehole but not a reason to hate an entire club.

4 minutes ago, throbber said:

The dislike for Liverpool on here is crazy, I put it down to about 50% Heysel and 50% Rab being an obnoxious c**t.

Mercy me :). You should have seen it before I first stumbled across this part of the forum. It’s pretty tame nowadays. 

Just now, Grangemouth Bairn said:

In his case he’s managing one of the richest clubs in the world and only has one real opponent domestically.

He is doing ok but should be winning a trophy.

Yes heading there now but that’s an enormous improvement in what he inherited. The trophies will hopefully come over the next few years :)

They won’t and should not sack Klopp.
He has improved the team and as you said Liverpool are content with being runners up just now.
I would suggest it more 50% Heysel and 50% their current fan base tbh.
Rab’s an arsehole but not a reason to hate an entire club.

I don’t think Liverpool fans are content with being runners up, they will be bitterly disappointed to not win the league despite reaching 97 points and losing only once. It’s really not fair that they are going to be runners up with that sort of point tally and there isn’t much else that can be improved on in that front. Man City have just been that bawhair more incredible than them this year and will win the league by the single point making Liverpool by some distance the best team not to win the league. I still would consider 97 points a successful domestic season regardless.

15 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

In his case he’s managing one of the richest clubs in the world and only has one real opponent domestically.

He is doing ok but should be winning a trophy.

Specifically you are probably right, but the likes of Sean Dyche or Eddie Howe could also claim to be successful.

Edited by Sergeant Wilson

I don’t think Liverpool fans are content with being runners up, they will be bitterly disappointed to not win the league despite reaching 97 points and losing only once. It’s really not fair that they are going to be runners up with that sort of point tally and there isn’t much else that can be improved on in that front. Man City have just been that bawhair more incredible than them this year and will win the league by the single point making Liverpool by some distance the best team not to win the league. I still would consider 97 points a successful domestic season regardless.
In what way is it not fair?

1 minute ago, throbber said:

Och well if it’s unfair on the poor scousers just give them the title if they finish 2nd.

Bad Manchester City how dare they beat the plucky underdogs and their violent fans.

1 minute ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Och well if it’s unfair on the poor scousers just give them the title if they finish 2nd.

Bad Manchester City how dare they beat the plucky underdogs and their violent fans.

It’ll be perfectly fair if they do it. Fair play to them they have been outstanding again. 

I despise Liverpool as much as the next guy, but this current team is clearly as good as they've been in the 25 or so years that I've been watching football. The fact that they might come up short against a phenomenal Man City side will be a disappointment to them, but I don't think it makes it a failure or anything like it.

8 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

Ok so when do liverpool decide that klopp isnt the answer ? Another say 5 years of no trophies ? I've established here that silverware means not an awful lot.
So far 4 seasons and has zero.

I do like how Robertson has progressed. Pity the liverpool players dont have same attitude as him
Cracking displays from him.. needs to do this at national level

3.5 seasons. See what happens in the next 2/3 seasons. 

Robertson has an outstanding attitude but so does pretty much the whole squad as seen again last night. 

8 minutes ago, throbber said:

It would be unfair to say Klopp is a failure. If they lose a league title to an even better, more consistent team, that isn't unfair.

15 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

What an odd thing to say. Taking into account wealth, prestige and  marketability, Man Utd, Chelsea, Arsenal and arguably Spurs could be on an even footing with Liverpool with better management. 

I’m not meaning it’s unfair in a footballing sense, Man City have been superb and deserve the league. It’s just unfair in a life is cruel sort of way that you can have a season like that and still come second, it’s enough points to win the Premiership every other year apart from 2 seasons I think?

Ok so when do liverpool decide that klopp isnt the answer ? Another say 5 years of no trophies ? I've established here that silverware means not an awful lot.
So far 4 seasons and has zero.

I do like how Robertson has progressed. Pity the liverpool players dont have same attitude as him
Cracking displays from him.. needs to do this at national level

I bet you were the sort of guy who branded Andy Murray a sporting failure until he won his first grand slam. There is absolutely no middle ground for the level of thinking you posses.