Early Season predictions

Which would be the last time he had a full season at this level, when his team won the title. Greasy, permaseething, obese mess he may be, but his record in management isn't bad.
If the current stack ringers at Falkirk aren't up to much then he'll rage quit in November though. 

Can’t really argue with that to be honest.

Backed my own team each way at 66/1 , heart rather than head , did not like doing it due to the way their  fans mocked Ayr last time in same league but I put a good bet on Dunfermline to win league , they looked solid in BF cup and have recruited well 

2 hours ago, Potted hOuGh said:

Dunfermline will win the league.

N

Edited by Robbo63
O

16 hours ago, virginton said:

Which would be the last time he had a full season at this level, when his team won the title. Greasy, permaseething, obese mess he may be, but his record in management isn't bad.

If the current stack of ringers at Falkirk aren't up to much then he'll rage quit in November though. 

That's what I'm hoping anyway. Seems to have done a decent enough managerial job in terms of binning all the wasters. 

7 minutes ago, Newmember said:

The Down fall for both Pars and Falkirk will be to many Draws this season 

We had an almost identical F/A record to St Mirren last season but the draws killed us. Strikers who couldn't score in bigger games but who easily buried the part timers really ended our chances. 

9 minutes ago, Newmember said:

The Down fall for both Pars and Falkirk will be to many Draws this season 

Too many draws ....not sure about that being just the Pars and Falkirk. Potentially very tight league so probably a fair share of draws across the teams.

I have a bad feeling that County are going to end up finishing 4th or 5th. The squad is, arguably, the strongest in the division by a distance although there's a few I'm not entirely convinced by.

Everyone else looks rank rotten on paper, bar two or three half-decent players.  ICT are a good example - Doran and Tremarco and excellent players but the rest of them look dreadful on paper*. Partick Thistle look like they've got a handful of guys who should stroll it at this level but it does sound like they're missing a few quality additions to the squad. Dunfermline will be top three. Queen of the South bottom three.

*There, I've jinxed it, 4 derby wins for ICT this season.

Shameless link to my blog for my early season thoughts (part one here and part two here). Basically I think County will win the league, Alloa will get relegated and everything else in-between is anyone's guess. Laszlo to be the first to be sacked (but that much is obvious).

1. Ross county
2. Dunfermline
3. Dundee United (if Shabba goes)
4. Partick thistle
5. Inverness
6. Morton
7. Falkirk
8. Ayr United
9. qos
10. alloa

Ross county - have the squad experience and money and can and will strengthen Jan (if needed)
Dunfermline - pains me to say it but they have some decent attacking players in hippo faz Higginbotham and longridge. while these guys won't be on form week in week out (as we know well from hippo and longridge) it only needs one or two of them to be per game.
Dundee United- on paper strong squad they may stutter to October Xmas and if Shabba goes I expect them to compete
Partick - experienced settled manager who's done it before and still many decent players there however them along with falkirk I think are the biggest unknowns this season
Inverness- Robertson had them bang on form end of last season and think he's found his feet now. Austin seems to have found his mojo again
Morton- impressed with some of the new signings and McKinnon knows and has done well in this league before on a budget
Falkirk- very hard to predict having seen us 3 times so far and different team and formation in each one. I was very optimistic last season 're our chances and we finished 8th. this season I've seen nothing so far to give me more optimism. I expect well start slow and improve as the season progresses. we gel (I hate that phrase) quickly and we have a chance. think our back 5 are decent but I am concerned about our midfield in particular (as thing stand) although may improve depending on if we add another
Ayr- think they could be a surprise and fully expect under McCall for them to score a fair few. they will also leak many. will do better than last time
qos- I may have this one massively wrong as dobbie and Harkins were by some distance the best players I watched last season I just think by the law of averages one of them will get injured or have an off season at some point and if it's dobbie then his goal deficit will hurt
alloa- fully expect them to pick up lots of points at home. having watched them in a friendly against us and seen how tight the pitch is they will surprise many and are certainly no Brechin. away from home they'll defend resolutely

as others have said this league is wide open and is almost unpredictable

28 minutes ago, yoda said:

I have a bad feeling that County are going to end up finishing 4th or 5th. The squad is, arguably, the strongest in the division by a distance although there's a few I'm not entirely convinced by.

Everyone else looks rank rotten on paper, bar two or three half-decent players.  ICT are a good example - Doran and Tremarco and excellent players but the rest of them look dreadful on paper*. Partick Thistle look like they've got a handful of guys who should stroll it at this level but it does sound like they're missing a few quality additions to the squad. Dunfermline will be top three. Queen of the South bottom three.

*There, I've jinxed it, 4 derby wins for ICT this season.

What do you make of your forwards? Looking at the number of goals you scored last year along, add in McManus and it doesn't look too prolific. Pars were hard to beat and had the best defensive record last season yet were nowhere near the top as we just didn't score enough against the better teams. 

41 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

What do you make of your forwards? Looking at the number of goals you scored last year along, add in McManus and it doesn't look too prolific. Pars were hard to beat and had the best defensive record last season yet were nowhere near the top as we just didn't score enough against the better teams. 

If Mckay is given opportunities, he should take them. But I'm concerned that he'll end up being too "busy" and not get on the end of opportunities. McManus is an upgrade on Craig Curran but doesn't appear to be a goalscorer.  I'd rather not see them both playing at the same time. 

I think it's the weakest area of the team. Morrison probably won't cut it at this level, so I'd like to see another forward coming in - preferably a guy who offers a different dimension to the team. 

Last time out County had a front two of McMenamin and Gardyne (albeit, more a 4-4-1-1 with Gardyne linking midfield and attack). McMenamin bagged 19 goals (?) and had a solid unit behind him. County look a solid unit once again but there's no obvious 15-20 goal a season striker in the squad. 

18 hours ago, PG.Colossus said:

Fingers crossed...!

4 hours ago, Newmember said:

100% spot on if Hippo and Faz score 15/20 each you won't be far away IMO you will get 8/12 of faz and fewer off hippo not enough sorry 

Fucking hell, so if our main strike force scores forty between them we won't be far away? 

In other shocking revelations, the team with the most points will probably win the title. 

35 minutes ago, yoda said:

If Mckay is given opportunities, he should take them. But I'm concerned that he'll end up being too "busy" and not get on the end of opportunities. McManus is an upgrade on Craig Curran but doesn't appear to be a goalscorer.  I'd rather not see them both playing at the same time. 

I think it's the weakest area of the team. Morrison probably won't cut it at this level, so I'd like to see another forward coming in - preferably a guy who offers a different dimension to the team. 

Last time out County had a front two of McMenamin and Gardyne (albeit, more a 4-4-1-1 with Gardyne linking midfield and attack). McMenamin bagged 19 goals (?) and had a solid unit behind him. County look a solid unit once again but there's no obvious 15-20 goal a season striker in the squad. 

Was Morrison on loan at Dumbarton last season? He didn't look great.