Early Season predictions

Just now, NewBornBairn said:

Not for us it isn't

More fool you then. There's not a club in this division who wouldn't absolutely love there club to win the league Cup, for every club it would be the highlight of supporting their club so far. 

4 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

More fool you then. There's not a club in this division who wouldn't absolutely love there club to win the league Cup, for every club it would be the highlight of supporting their club so far. 

ICT fans will be in shortly to point that out as bullshit presumably. Plenty of Dundee Utd fans will also be old enough to thoroughly rubbish this claim. 

ETA that Derek Ferguson article is fucking atrocious btw. An absolute token effort at covering the Championship.

Edited by Bairnardo

Just now, Bairnardo said:

ICT fans will be in shortly to point that out as bullshit presumably. Plenty of Dundee Utd fans will also be old enough to thoroughly rubbish this claim. 

I had genuinely forgotten about the ICT and Dundee Utd victory, for some reason I only remembered the Ross County league cup win.  That doesn't thoroughly rubbish the claim at all though? 

I'm more than happy to admit that winning the Scottish Cup would likely be the pinnacle of supporting any team outwith the old firm, that doesn't take away that allot of fans might never witness that, the league Cup is the next best thing, fans at this level are unlikely to see their team win the Premiership so what do you have? Winning the Scottish or League Cup would be an occasion you could regale your grand kids about such are the rarity of them, not to take them seriously is cutting your chances in half straight away. 

Thanks for reminding me of this though matey. X

imageproxy.jpeg.061c222ab9ddd76df86d8c015594c611.jpeg

You can't really argue with Derek Ferguson's research and logic.

the job that Jim Duffy did at Morton was second to none with the resources they had.

I mean, it's not like a club with less resources finished 12 points ahead of Morton and got promoted, having taken 10 points from the head to head meetings between the sides, with Morton sitting in the playoff places going into the last quarter before collapsing as Duffy deviated from a winning team for absolutely no reason.

Edited by Dunning1874

Love it how outsiders think Duffy worked on a shoe string budget, we obv don't know actual figures but there's is no doubt we have had a competitive budget which has gone up year on year. He brought in guys like Gary Fraser, John Baird, Frank Ross, Luca Gasparatto  in Jan when we already had a squad of about 18. first team players. Guys like Forbes, Oware, Tidser, Murdoch etc will have been on attractive wages!

I know Hopkin was very impressed by the budget he was offered and it more than what Livvy were offering him in the Premiership.

2 hours ago, Dunning1874 said:

I mean, it's not like a club with less resources finished 12 points ahead of Morton and got promoted, having taken 10 points from the head to head meetings between the sides, with Morton sitting in the playoff places going into the last quarter before collapsing as Duffy deviated from a winning team for absolutely no reason.

Also entertaining how his own "analysis" of the last 10 games shows how we were on automatic relegation form.  Such an amazing job he was doing.

3 hours ago, Dunning1874 said:

I was similarly bemused with Ferguson's prediction that Morton would finish 9th, seemingly solely on the basis that he couldn't believe Duffy had been punted.

It's almost like he has taken on Billy Dodds' persona from the Real Leigh Griffiths Blog.

With us having finally signed a left back who isn’t still getting their lunch money nicked by the school bully I’m bullishly upgrading us to 4th at the expense of Dundee United. And then swording all-comers in the playoffs.

On the night before the off I predict
1. Dundee United
2. Ross county
3. Falkirk
4. Thistle
5. ICT
6. Pats
7. Ayr
8. Morton
9. QOS
10. Alloa
Falkirk will be poor first 1/4 but will come strong as season develops. Think DU will know this season is make or broke for them so will be up for it

Can't argue with everybody tipping us for 10th. Always going to be tough as the only part-time side. As it stands we currently look a bit weaker 1-11 and in terms of strength in depth than the team which won the play-offs. We really need 3 more decent recruits. If we can avoid anything Brechin esque and be competitive regularly that would be a start. If that happens and one of the f/t sides has an unlikely disaster of a season to give us a shot at 9th, all the better. And our astropitch is horrible place to go in winter etc. 

1 - 9  Don't care

10 Alloa

1.) Dunfermline Athletic 

2.) Ross County

3.) Dundee United 

4.) Greenock Morton

5.) Falkirk

6.) Partick Thistle 

7.) Ayr United 

8.) Queen of the South 

9.) Inverness Caledonian Thistle 

10.) Alloa Athletic