Early Season predictions

1 hour ago, printer said:

To all the posters predicting we'll finish 10th, I'd just like to say,

sadly your almost certainly correct.

But, f*ck it, it's gonna be a fun ride.

One thing for sure any team going to alloa will not get it easy 

Edited by Newmember

Collated all* the predictions like the loser that I am (only ones listing a 1-10, not vague "will be top half) and with 65 predictions** the P&B wisdom of the crowds as it stands is

1 Ross County

2 Dundee United

3 Partick Thistle

4 Dunfermline

5 Inverness

6 Falkirk

7 Morton

8 Ayr

9 QoS

10 Alloa

In terms of league winners, from 65 we have the following predictions:

County  x 34 -all from non County fans with the caveat I don't think any County fans have submitted a prediction

United  x 11 , 2 from United fans

Thistle  x 6 , Zero from Thistle fans

Dunfermline  x 5,  2 from Dunfermline fans

Falkirk x 5,  4 from Falkirk fans

ICT x 4, 1 from an ICT fan.

In fact no Thistle fan has us above 3rd, of the 9 Jags fans to have submitted a prediction we have ourselves 3rd x 3 , 6th x 1 , and 7th x 5 so it's clear the optimism lies outside Firhill! Conversely of the 12 Falkirk fans, 10 have their team in the top 3. Will update this at the weekend with predictions logged before 3pm Saturday.

* some folk have posted multiple times over the summer, taken the most recent one. Might have missed one or two, in which case I apologise***

** although it's a 23 page thread there is a lot of discussion about Dobbie

*** unless you're a dick or on my ignore list, in which case I don't

Falkirk fans think they're winning the league every year so I wouldn't read too much into it.

It's on par with Dundee fans thinking they'll be top 6 every year.

1 hour ago, CountyFan said:

Not surprising to see a team with so much 'history' having such confident fans. 

You got a fish on your head to go with the chips on your shoulder?

Still too early to tell where most teams will finish up- see County, Dunfermline, Dundee Utd, Caley, Thistle, Falkirk and Morton fighting for the top six, but it depends on who else comes into the clubs before the deadline. I still feel we're short at the back and up front. We may win a lot of games 1-0 or draw 0-0.

Edited by Comrie

10 hours ago, Fuctifano said:

Collated all* the predictions like the loser that I am (only ones listing a 1-10, not vague "will be top half) and with 65 predictions** the P&B wisdom of the crowds as it stands is

1 Ross County

2 Dundee United

3 Partick Thistle

4 Dunfermline

5 Inverness

6 Falkirk

7 Morton

8 Ayr

9 QoS

10 Alloa

In terms of league winners, from 65 we have the following predictions:

County  x 34 -all from non County fans with the caveat I don't think any County fans have submitted a prediction

United  x 11 , 2 from United fans

Thistle  x 6 , Zero from Thistle fans

Dunfermline  x 5,  2 from Dunfermline fans

Falkirk x 5,  4 from Falkirk fans

ICT x 4, 1 from an ICT fan.

In fact no Thistle fan has us above 3rd, of the 9 Jags fans to have submitted a prediction we have ourselves 3rd x 3 , 6th x 1 , and 7th x 5 so it's clear the optimism lies outside Firhill! Conversely of the 12 Falkirk fans, 10 have their team in the top 3. Will update this at the weekend with predictions logged before 3pm Saturday.

* some folk have posted multiple times over the summer, taken the most recent one. Might have missed one or two, in which case I apologise***

** although it's a 23 page thread there is a lot of discussion about Dobbie

*** unless you're a dick or on my ignore list, in which case I don't

I'd be chuffed with 4th again this season. We didn't turn up for 6 months last season and still bagged 4th. Much tougher looking league this year though. Also a lot of shuffling players between teams whereas Falkirk have gone down a different route. Who knows, they could copy St Mirren and follow on from the joy of pipping Dumbarton for 8th with an easy title win. 

I think the majority of Falkirk fans don't know what to expect next season as we have so many new players, most of whom we know very little about.

The cup and pre-season friendlies haven't helped as PH has rotated the team/formations so much. Some games we have looked dire first half, decent second half when he has changed players and formations.

At this moment I won't make a prediction as we could win the league but on the other hand we could get relegated.

The one thing I will say is it has been the most exciting pre-season in my 40 odd years of following the Bairns. 15 new signings and the engagement between the club and fans over the summer has been excellent and has kept us all intrigued.

As the saying goes "Expect the Unexpected".

35 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

I think the majority of Falkirk fans don't know what to expect next season as we have so many new players, most of whom we know very little about.

The cup and pre-season friendlies haven't helped as PH has rotated the team/formations so much. Some games we have looked dire first half, decent second half when he has changed players and formations.

At this moment I won't make a prediction as we could win the league but on the other hand we could get relegated.

The one thing I will say is it has been the most exciting pre-season in my 40 odd years of following the Bairns. 15 new signings and the engagement between the club and fans over the summer has been excellent and has kept us all intrigued.

As the saying goes "Expect the Unexpected".

Exactly this!

If the pre-season and LC games are anything to go by then we may well finish below Alloa. However, I think the defence could do OK and the addition of Haber should give us goals if he can form a decent partnership with Lewis. The midfield is the worry for me. Hopefully the laddie we've signed from Hearts will make a difference because I don't see where the supply to the strikers is going to come from in this area at the moment. Think we'll be seeing the ball getting played out wide early to get crosses in. 

3 hours ago, ShaggerG said:

Exactly this!

If the pre-season and LC games are anything to go by then we may well finish below Alloa. However, I think the defence could do OK and the addition of Haber should give us goals if he can form a decent partnership with Lewis. The midfield is the worry for me. Hopefully the laddie we've signed from Hearts will make a difference because I don't see where the supply to the strikers is going to come from in this area at the moment. Think we'll be seeing the ball getting played out wide early to get crosses in. 

How does the boy from Chelsea look?

Guest Flash
2 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

Wouldn't be basing anything on the LC results. We couldn't beat East Kilbride last season emoji38.png

Indeed. And in the previous season we knocked out Hibs at Easter Road on the way to the League Cup quarter finals and finished 4 points above the relegation play-offs.