Argentina vs Iceland

jagfox

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thought both teams looked pretty good in their own way but Argentina really should’ve won it after that second half. Iceland definitely capable of getting out that group. Mental seeing Arnason do so well last time I saw him Motherwell were giving him a hard time.

I'm still not convinced that it is a penalty, to be honest. I think Pavón's foot kicks into Sævarsson's as much as anything else, although it is probably not a dive either. 
Pavon's foot is on the ground when the challenge comes in though.

3 minutes ago, Johnny van Axeldongen said:

A shite game of football, but well done to Iceland. :thumsup2

You're as bad as you avatar, mate.  That was a fascinating game with Iceland playing two different styles in each half.  They were in Argentina's faces in the first half, causing trouble and disrupting their opponents - their double-teaming on Messi was well-worked and basically took him out of the game for 45 minutes.   And then in the second half, they went into full defensive mode and soaked up everything Argentina threw at them.

A football masterclass.

Signed, a United fan.

ITV Bawbags !!!

Shall we discuss the decline of Messi as a messiah figure or if Fatboy Harry fucking Maguire has slimmed down enough to play in an England game two days away!!!

Very poor from Argentina.
Dreadful from Messi today. 

International Ronaldo > International Messi.
Club Messi > Club Ronaldo.
Might be a sensible assessment. Ronaldo for Portugal goes seeking the big moments. He relishes it and you can see it every time out. Messi just doesnt appear to have the fire for the National team.

3 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
17 minutes ago, Im_Rodger said:

Might be a sensible assessment. Ronaldo for Portugal goes seeking the big moments. He relishes it and you can see it every time out. Messi just doesnt appear to have the fire for the National team.

You give me too much credit Bairnardo. :thumsup2

21 minutes ago, Im_Rodger said:

Ronaldo v Messi is a bit like Celtic v Rangers

Archived