Messi & Ronaldo Watch

Oooooft

You're a homophobe, a fantasist, a liar and a tosser.

Eta, you probably harm animals too.

Actually lol’d [emoji1]

Welo done, you managed to complete a post without using champ.

You never though... [emoji4]

You made a c**t of ‘Well’ too.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lukaka is within one international game of Messi at the same age.

Is 14 goals ahead.

Ronaldo not quoted in the top 2,000 at that age.

Anyone think Lukaku is the Best?

Nope. Because the compared are not in the running.

As much as people will talk about Argentina being poor defensively and the strange tactics of the manager, it’s been an appalling World Cup from Messi.  Complete passenger today again.
Ronaldo might go out tonight and play poorly, but he won’t be invisible. He is head and shoulders above Messi and has been for the last four years. The big games are what defines you, and once again Messi has hidden in a big game. Absolute shitebag. 

This is pretty much my take on it as well and is pretty much what happened tonight, fair enough a Ronaldo couldn’t score but you certainly saw him trying to spur his team on. Messi did absolutely nothing.

5 minutes ago, Jambomo said:

This is pretty much my take on it as well and is pretty much what happened tonight, fair enough a Ronaldo couldn’t score but you certainly saw him trying to spur his team on. Messi did absolutely nothing.

Messi wasn't great but he set up a goal, didn't he?

Given he's currently 33 I think it's safe to say Cristiano Ronaldo will never win a World Cup. This pleases me immensely.

I can't help but think both teams focus too much on their star player, whilst not using the full potential of other great players they have. Portugal played great in the Euro 2016 final when Ronaldo was off injured, they suddenly played like a proper team. Both Argentina and Portugal have more than just 1 good player, but you wouldn't think that by the way they play!

I'm sure I've said elsewhere, but any time I have watched Messi in a live game he has been anonymous. If I were to pick a Dream Team 11 based on performances I've witnessed he wouldn't even make my bench. I'm obviously not saying he is anything other than a world class footballer, just that I've only ever witnessed his magic in highlights.

The Messi vs Ronaldo debate is pretty pathetic anyway. There's no doubting these are two of the best players of a generation and probably ever. I find it incredible that football fans try and argue who is better. Just enjoy them both ffs, it may be a while before we see another all time great play the game, never mind two at once.

7 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

I find it incredible that football fans try and argue who is better. Just enjoy them both ffs, it may be a while before we see another all time great play the game, never mind two at once.

I imagine it's partly driven by the media so that corporations can sell Ronaldo/Messi merchandise to fanboys.

Every single elite footballer to play the game is rated against their contempories. We all have players we believe are better than other players, whether that’s for your own team, within your own league, within your own country. It seems to be unique to Messi and Ronaldo that people claim it is pathetic to say one is better than the other. If I was to say Buffon is better than Casillas or De Bruyne is better than Hazard then that is acceptable, but when it comes to the two greatest to play the game you’re not meant to have an opinion about who is better? Absolute nonsense, 
It goes further than just an opinion with those two though. There seems to be this sort snobbery among either sides fanboys that it's ludicrous to suggest one is better than the other when their guy is clearly far superior.

Rather than have rational conversations about who is better at what, it's more the done thing to attack the player they like least.

Both are superb footballers, why there is such animosity from both sides has always baffled me.

8 hours ago, nsr said:

I imagine it's partly driven by the media so that corporations can sell Ronaldo/Messi merchandise to fanboys.

Who are already positioning to see who the next one is.  Apparently because Mbappe played well against Messi and put them out, it's passing the torch.  And it's a pathetic grab for content, where you have to have a story even if there isn't one there. I can understand it in something like tennis - it's a solo game for the most part, so the best player obviously matters.  On football though, I've never understood the clamour to argue about who is the best, when it's become patently obvious to everyone in this World Cup that you can be the best player(s) in the world, and it probably won't matter because you'll be playing next to 10 other players that are nowhere near your level.  You're very unlikely in today's game to be able to drag a team to glory.

7 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

Both are superb footballers, why there is such animosity from both sides has always baffled me.

Because it's the way of the world now, particularly the online one.  You have to pick a side, and you have to do so violently.  Anything you like is the best ever, and anything opposing it is shit, and everyone who likes it is shit.  It's a "who's the biggest VL" competition.

I think that has a lot to do with it. For me, with both players, it’s annoying to hear people come out with the same lines and opinions as the commentators and journalists. It’s as though they are told they are supposed to revere these guys.

That extends to criticism of either of them because generally you hear very little. It’s as though saying they had a shite game is the same as saying they are not the absolute best ever to have walked onto a pitch and you think they should be playing at Livingston.

Well both out while 2 Celtic defenders remain in.

Let that factoid sink in.

I don't think there is any doubt the pair of them fall into the Cruyff, Puskas, Best, Di Stefano camp, that is a step short of the top.

Both driven by CL hype they were undoubtedly both brilliant players, but no longer World Class and arguably not even International Class anymore.

GOAT?

Bah.

Archived