Uruguay vs Russia

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I fkn hate Uruguay since Mexico 1986 when they took Strachan out in the first few minutes and cheated their way to a win. Then there was the disgraceful debacle of Suarez jumping up to catch the ball on the line. Bunch of fucking cheats. It's in their nature,. 

Just now, bairney said:

I fkn hate Uruguay since Mexico 1986 when they took Strachan out in the first few minutes and cheated their way to a win. Then there was the disgraceful debacle of Suarez jumping up to catch the ball on the line. Bunch of fucking cheats. It's in their nature,. 

Charlie Nicholas as I recall

5 minutes ago, bairney said:

Was that not the game were they had a man sent off after 55 seconds or something like that.  I remember reading a match report on the game a whole ago.  I would not have had much interest watching the game as I would have been 5 at the time.

Charlie Nicholas as I recall

Definitely Strachan. Always thought it was a slightly harsh red card. But my memories are of that being a fairly vicious Uruguay team. That may have been the slightly xenophobic Johnny-foreigner media though.

1 minute ago, Savage Henry said:

But my memories are of that being a fairly vicious Uruguay team. That may have been the slightly xenophobic Johnny-foreigner media though.

No your memories are correct.

Archived