Perks of your job/ skives

Ylf

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I remember my first job.  They were as tight-fisted as you could imagine.
If I went on a business trip, they would grumble about any expenses, especially when it came to food.

Now I am self employed and can absolutely totally splash out.
So when I go for a meal I can have whatever I like - and when they say "do you want to go large?" I can say Yes. 

I get free TV, money off loads of consumer goods and every Christmas get to choose a gift worth around £100. If I travel for work then I get all expenses paid, including a few beers with a meal. I’m too much of a pussy to make false expenses claims though.

In my job specifically I get to do varied, interesting work involving different people every day. I get to travel, sometimes, and have a high degree of freedom in what I do. I can work from home when I like, as long as I don’t take the piss and no-one minds if I go to the gym at lunchtime or anything like that. I work with a good bunch of people who I’d say are my friends as well as colleagues.

8 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

I get free TV, money off loads of consumer goods and every Christmas get to choose a gift worth around £100. If I travel for work then I get all expenses paid, including a few beers with a meal. I’m too much of a pussy to make false expenses claims though.

In my job specifically I get to do varied, interesting work involving different people every day. I get to travel, sometimes, and have a high degree of freedom in what I do. I can work from home when I like, as long as I don’t take the piss and no-one minds if I go to the gym at lunchtime or anything like that. I work with a good bunch of people who I’d say are my friends as well as colleagues.

^ ^ ^ dairy farmer IMO.

FTFY

I’ve had horrible jobs that before and while there are plenty of stresses and downsides to my current position I can’t imagine feeling that way about it.

Yes, truly working as the fluffer in Steamworkz Gay Sauna has been a turning point in my employment career. Follow your dreams kids.

Archived