Darvel Juniors 2018/19

Darvel legend

31 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

I admire your vigour but it's not impossible to get relegated. Genuinely hope you don't go down but it's always a worry if the plaything starts to lose it's flavour for the money man, will he jump. It's happened so often at other clubs at all grades.

Still you seem confident so you may be rewarded.

Darvel can't and won't be relegated. TBH They probably have just about enough points already to be safe..... 

12 minutes ago, DanMan said:

Darvel can't and won't be relegated. TBH They probably have just about enough points already to be safe..... 

Sorry, but that's nonsense. In the previous 26-game seasons, the average points mark for safety was about 34 points. This season is 30 games, so add a few points on to that.

Darvel are currently on 19 points from 15 games. Girvan (currently in the relegation zone) are on  9 points from 12 games. Were they to win those games in hand they would only be a point behind Darvel. And there's half a season still to go.

I don't think Darvel will be in any relegation problem, either, but to say they probably have just about enough points already is silly. If they finished the season on 19 points they would unquestionably be relegated.

Edited by glensmad

1 minute ago, glensmad said:

Sorry, but that's nonsense. In the previous 26-game seasons, the average points mark for safety was about 34 points. This season is 30 games, so add a few points on to that.

Darvel are currently on 19 points from 15 games. Girvan (currently in the relegation zone are on  9 points from 12 games. Were they to win those games in hand they would only be a point behind Darvel. And there's half a season still to go.

I don't think Darvel will be in any relegation problem, either, but to say they probably have just about enough points already is silly. If they finished the season on 19 points they would unquestionably be relegated.

Given that Girvan have 9 points from 12 games, I think it unlikely that they will take 9 from their 3 games in hand. Also, given the points so far taken by the bottom 3 , There is no way it will take 34 points to be safe. All about opinions 

58 minutes ago, DanMan said:

Given that Girvan have 9 points from 12 games, I think it unlikely that they will take 9 from their 3 games in hand. Also, given the points so far taken by the bottom 3 , There is no way it will take 34 points to be safe. All about opinions 

The fact that the bottom two have next to no points at all, that means the teams from 3rd bottom up are going to have a few more points than they would normally have, meaning the safety mark will rise a little above what is normal.

But I do agree, Darvel won't be relegated, they will finish top half in my opinion.

32 minutes ago, glensmad said:

The fact that the bottom two have next to no points at all, that means the teams from 3rd bottom up are going to have a few more points than they would normally have, meaning the safety mark will rise a little above what is normal.

But I do agree, Darvel won't be relegated, they will finish top half in my opinion.

Which is failure for us as the league is nowhere near as strong as it was last season 

27 minutes ago, glensmad said:

Got to disagree Glens, if Girvan only have 9 points from 12, and haven't yet played Rossvale, Benburb or Cumbernauld.  They are unlikely to gain too many more than 9 at the half way point. So to think they will get 30 points plus is not a bet I would be betting on

6 minutes ago, iPhone said:

As much as I would like to see Darvel get relegated I know that they are too strong for that to be them and I think they are better than their league position suggests. Probably finish about mid table.

Aye ur probably right 

when u look at our results this season every game has been close obviously as we have won 4 and drawn 7 but the 4 defeats were all by the odd goal apart from arthurlie who beat us 4-2 , it’s been disappointing but will make it all the sweeter when we get it right , and I won’t say anything when it does go well ha 

On 20/12/2018 at 12:18, iPhone said:

As much as I would like to see Darvel get relegated I know that they are too strong for that to be them and I think they are better than their league position suggests. Probably finish about mid table.

730F4228-0EF2-48DE-8004-FDCEB37BD617.jpeg

14 minutes ago, Darvel legend said:

That just sums the season up 

97th minute equaliser 

played  benburb off the park first half and defended great the second half 

where he got 7 minutes of injury time is anyone’s guess 

Sick the nite 

Edited by Billy XBoswell

15 minutes ago, Darvel legend said:

That just sums the season up 

97th minute equaliser 

played  benburb off the park first half and defended great the second half