St Mirren v Dundee @ The Simpleton Arena

On 19/07/2018 at 22:04, Girth said:

Do St Mirren still have Samson in goal? If so, we should be punting them 0-12.

Thank you.

Tell you something, Sampson gets a hard time from some.  I've not seen a keeper that saves penalties like Sammo.  

He loves a penalty save.  Ever since we spanked The Biggest Team in Dundee last December, when he kept us in the game than Morgy went on to win.

Ginger:  yes.

Best keeper in the country: no.

Loves saving penalties: Deffo.  

Saints 3-0 Dundee

(Sammo saves 2 x pennos).

• Replies 476
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, kristov said:
41 minutes ago, kevthedee said:
Prepare for the Derry invasion ya turds.Screenshot_20180730-190647_Facebook.jpg.f3f2b8bd5486771985bd6e768d6d7e4d.jpg

"Turd" is a very underrated insult imo. Well done sir.

Last time I heard it was after Jim Goodwin lifted the League Cup in 2013, when he said it was great when Connor Newton scored our turd goal.

2 hours ago, Doctor Sanchez said:

Tell you something, Sampson gets a hard time from some.  I've not seen a keeper that saves penalties like Sammo.  

He loves a penalty save.  Ever since we spanked The Biggest Team in Dundee last December, when he kept us in the game than Morgy went on to win.

Ginger:  yes.

Best keeper in the country: no.

Loves saving penalties: Deffo.  

Saints 3-0 Dundee

(Sammo saves 2 x pennos).

That penalty save was disgraceful. It is a well known fact, as often stated by Willie Miller, that Scottish football needs clubs like Dundee United in the top flight. Samson's penalty save meant they didn't get promoted and is the sole reason Adam Rooney signed for Salford City, thus taking Scottish football to a new low.

Hope he's pleased with himself.

What was the profit/loss for last season?
Oh I lost - any winnings always rolled over to next match.

The previous season when we were on our second 7 in a row loss run I reached £1350 from a single £10 initial bet - ended up putting it on us to going down at 7/2.

Just clocked Paul McGinn is St Mirren's right back. Plenty of passes down the left flank on his inside please. 

I think Danny Mullen and Cammy Smith are their forwards as well so there’s no need for a defence in this game. Hopefully McCann plays 6 strikers. Not that we have 6 strikers to choose from so we’ll have to deploy Caulker and McPake up top. Ffs, McCann.

5 minutes ago, an-dee said:

What’s parking like outside the ground?

Lots of parking around, Murray Street being a good bet. It’s the very long street that starts across from our main stand entrance and actually runs all the way down to what used to be the away end at Love Street. I think our big car park at the ground itself is £4 for one-off games? I have a season pass for it, as long as you don’t mind the wait at the end of games to exit, it’s obviously right at the stadium, which is great when the weather is pish.

Lots of parking around, Murray Street being a good bet. It’s the very long street that starts across from our main stand entrance and actually runs all the way down to what used to be the away end at Love Street. I think our big car park at the ground itself is £4 for one-off games? I have a season pass for it, as long as you don’t mind the wait at the end of games to exit, it’s obviously right at the stadium, which is great when the weather is pish.

Cheers for the info. Car park could be a good shout since we’ll be leaving Dundee a little later than we’d like!

Archived