Stranraer FC v Raith Rovers FC

Ill tell you what was more embarrassing than a draw away to Stranraer; a pathetic away support who are more interested in complaining about everything than actually getting behind the team.

120 travelling fans is a poor show from a team like ourselves. Well done to the other 119 who made the trip down. We at least support the team rather than finding faults. It works both ways. The players are bound to respond to positive support. Barry Smiths here and there's f**k all we can do about it so why don't we just get behind the team and support them. Guys were giving our own players abuse today... on the first game of the season. Toxic environment.

You 100% weren't there.

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That was a much much better and more encouraging display than the woeful stuff at Edinburgh City last week. But - as so often last season - Hamill capped his otherwise decent show by presenting Rovers with the opening goal. I honestly don’t think they’d have scored otherwise.

We got better as the game went on - particularly encouraging since we were without Layne throughout and Turner until the closing stages.

Decent showings throughout the team. McManus was Man of the Match for me - strolled through the game in midfield. Also liked Anderson, Ian Smith and Cummins. Donnelly disappointed for much of the game but really improved after Turner came on.

Two points dropped perhaps, but happy with a decent show and a point off the apparent favourites for the title. Going to be a tough season but Faz will get us battling.

20 minutes ago, Clayhole Blue said:

That was a much much better and more encouraging display than the woeful stuff at Edinburgh City last week. But - as so often last season - Hamill capped his otherwise decent show by presenting Rovers with the opening goal. I honestly don’t think they’d have scored otherwise.

We got better as the game went on - particularly encouraging since we were without Layne throughout and Turner until the closing stages.

Decent showings throughout the team. McManus was Man of the Match for me - strolled through the game in midfield. Also liked Anderson, Ian Smith and Cummins. Donnelly disappointed for much of the game but really improved after Turner came on.

Two points dropped perhaps, but happy with a decent show and a point off the apparent favourites for the title. Going to be a tough season but Faz will get us battling.

We should be favourites for f**k all tbh

Ill tell you what was more embarrassing than a draw away to Stranraer; a pathetic away support who are more interested in complaining about everything than actually getting behind the team.

120 travelling fans is a poor show from a team like ourselves. Well done to the other 119 who made the trip down. We at least support the team rather than finding faults. It works both ways. The players are bound to respond to positive support. Barry Smiths here and there's f**k all we can do about it so why don't we just get behind the team and support them. Guys were giving our own players abuse today... on the first game of the season. Toxic environment.

120 is 33% up on the famous 90 for the April game. #believers

3 hours ago, SuperHans said:

Shame the board didn’t show the same level of commitment, I heard there was only 1 director in attendance which if true is shocking 

I had a car full down there as well. You are correct, it is a terrible away support.

I don’t blame them though. Barry Smith, Kevin Cuthbert and the majority of the players couldn’t give a f**k about the fact that we made that 280 mile round trip.

The only 2 players that actually acknowledged and applauded he fans after the game were Bene and Gillespie. The rest couldn’t wait to get off the pitch.

3 minutes ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

I had a car full down there as well. You are correct, it is a terrible away support.

I don’t blame them though. Barry Smith, Kevin Cuthbert and the majority of the players couldn’t give a f**k about the fact that we made that 280 mile round trip.

The only 2 players that actually acknowledged and applauded he fans after the game were Bene and Gillespie. The rest couldn’t wait to get off the pitch.

Most of players were telt they were either shite, unfit, uninterested, or not fit to wear the jersey.

I’m amazed they never clapped that level of support.

12 minutes ago, Pride of Fife said:

Any chance of explaining that one??

How many home fans would have needed to attend for 120 to be not so good?

If only a few hundred locals turn up asking folk from kirkcaldy to do a 6 hour round trip to watch that excuse of a team then it's no to bad. It's more than when I went down in April. Is that enough for you?

A good few supporters, myself included, entered through the home gates as directed, as the away weren't open. There's no way of knowing how many of us were there, apart from going round counting. And I didn't hear any abuse from where I was either. Funny old game eh?

Archived