League Cup last 16 draw

Draw takes place on Sunday afternoon, following the Hearts vs Inverness CT match on BT Sport.

Inverness will win the group if they avoid defeat. They'll also be seeded if they win or if it's a draw and they win the resulting penalty shootout. They'll even qualify as one of the best second placed sides if they avoid a four goal defeat. If they lose 4-0 or more then Partick Thistle go through instead.

Hearts need to win in 90 minutes to qualify. If they do then they'll win the group but will be unseeded. If they don't win then Partick Thistle will go through to the knockout stages.

Livingston are definitely through -  but it's not yet known if they'll be seeded or not.

Seeded

• Celtic
  • Aberdeen
  • Rangers
  • Hibs
  • Dunfermline
  • Ayr
  • St Johnstone

Unseeded

• Motherwell
  • Kilmarnock
  • Ross County
  • Queen of the South
  • Dundee
  • St Mirren

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Everyone wanting the super :rolleyes:

In terms of progression, home to QOS, St Mirren or Partick*. Killie at home would be a real good cup draw. In terms of personal preference, Motherwell away to tick them off the list.

*if they progress.

Everyone wanting the super :rolleyes:

In terms of progression, home to QOS, St Mirren or Partick*. Killie at home would be a real good cup draw. In terms of personal preference, Motherwell away to tick them off the list.

*if they progress.

I don’t want Ayr, apart from the novelty.

Th-ayr playing well, scoring goals. I’d rather play the likes of Hearts (again)!

14 minutes ago, andrewh said:

I don’t want Ayr, apart from the novelty.

Th-ayr playing well, scoring goals. I’d rather play the likes of Hearts (again)!

We couldn't get Ayr even if you wanted too. 

I would like anyone bar Celtic or Aberdeen for the simple fact we played both in both competitions last year. 

Would like one of the seeded teams not involved in Europe but with our luck in draws unlikely ! 

We'll be away to one of sides involved in Europe, nothing surer. My money is on Aberdeen at Pittodrie.

If I could choose then Dunfermline or Aye at home but we rarely get draws like that.

Would like to avoid Dundee definitely and Killie as well as we play them one week and a fortnight respectively around the scheduled date.

Hate back-to-back games against the same team.

There isn't an obviously easier game in there though, so if we avoid the two mentioned, I'll be happy enough.

Archived