The Cabbage vs The Steelmen

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In all this euro (qualifying rounds, I know) excitement, I had almost forgotten about the mundane league fitba starting on Sunday.

Hoping for a thriller and I totally retract my previous comments about Bogdan  - he is the man, although his music is still shite

sheerin.jpeg

Still 5-5, both defences boggin !!

On 01/08/2018 at 09:49, WellView said:

Sammon, best outside bet to be premiership top scorer, worth a tenner for a bit of interest, to score.  I'll go a draw in this one. 

:huh:

I wouldn't even put on a tenner on Sammon to be Motherwell's top scorer. 

So that’s Kipre looking like he’s away before Sunday- Bowman, Dunne and obviously Tanner all out with long term injuries, Campbell and Maguire both suspended with fitness doubts as well over Carson, Cadden and McHugh. 

Fair to say this will be the first proper test of our new found squad depth. If McHugh doesn’t make it I don’t think we even have enough centre backs fit to make up a back 3, so we might be forced to switch from our usual formation as well. 

All things considered, I’d probably take a point to be honest. 

3 hours ago, Green Day said:

In all this euro (qualifying rounds, I know) excitement, I had almost forgotten about the mundane league fitba starting on Sunday.

Hoping for a thriller and I totally retract my previous comments about Bogdan  - he is the man, although his music is still shite

sheerin.jpeg

Still 5-5, both defences boggin !!

How can it be mundane for you, you've only been back in the league for a year. 

1 hour ago, Alan Stubbs said:

Hope the likes of Scott Martin can get a game here. Our players looked absolutely fucked at the end of last night. I'm pretty sure a similar starting 11 would lose on Sunday anyway.

It would help if you were playing a team that would remotely be like our 1st team. Losing Dunne to injury and Kipre to Wigan. Allied to the fact Campbell is suspended and Carson is a doubt......

If we can keep it remotely close it will be a minor miracle 

Strangely not fussed about this.  Weird for a league opener.  Perhaps it’s this thundering hangover I’ve got.  But I’d take a defeat here if it means we beat Molde on Thursday.

Can Maclaren play in Europe or is he not eligible?

Strangely not fussed about this.  Weird for a league opener.  Perhaps it’s this thundering hangover I’ve got.  But I’d take a defeat here if it means we beat Molde on Thursday.
Can Maclaren play in Europe or is he not eligible?

From Hibs website in Jamie’s signing announcement: Jamie is eligible for our Ladbrokes Premiership match against Motherwell on Sunday and our UEFA Europa League Third Qualifying Round tie against Molde FK.

59 minutes ago, Dave1875 said:

From Hibs website in Jamie’s signing announcement: Jamie is eligible for our Ladbrokes Premiership match against Motherwell on Sunday and our UEFA Europa League Third Qualifying Round tie against Molde FK.

We're putting the band back together X1Vg8Jd.png

Firstly, well done to Hibs for Thursday.  Brilliant result and even I was bricking it for the last 10 minutes or so.  I've a lot of time for Hibs as a football club club and they've got a number of good c***s on here.  

As for the game today, I can see us trying to hold it for as long as possible, hoping to take advantage of the tiredness in the Hibs team following Thursday, before trying to nick it late on.  A similar performance/result to the last time we visited Easter Road on the first day of the season would be magic! 

Archived